• ...and so much more!
  • glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    ok i have a p3at .380 and like the size and carried the glock 27 for quite some time. i want to get a 9mm para for pocket carry, if glock would make a nice single stack (thinner grip) 9mm i would be all over that but nothing yet. any input? shot a pf9 and better and a sig p238 and that shot great but want a 9mm para now. what is out there that would fit my needs?just a small pocket gun that holds 6-7 rounds. got a diamondback (i have alot of glocks so just fit the bill) thanks for the input

Last edited:

McMark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    I agree with the PF9. It's light and cheap. You could go with a small .357 revolver or the Ruger LCR if you like wheel guns.

wahlspyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Never shot one, but I'd take a look at the Kahr PM9. I have a P380 and they are really nice guns. I have seen like new but used ones for under $500 and the trigger on a Kahr is simply incredible for a DAO.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    I have to agree with the CW9 by Kahr!!! I love mine...:wwub:

014.jpg

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Strange thread, you ask for a single stack 9mm, and someone suggests a .380, and someone else suggests a 9mm double stack. Maybe I will suggest a 1911, or a shotgun. No on second thought a CW9 is my choice.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The Kahr CW9 is marginal for pocket carry. I have one and can only pocket carry in jeans. Otherwise, it won't fit and I have to switch to an IWB holster. The Kahr PM9 is a true pocket pistol, but it is pricey. There are some other good suggestions on this thread as well.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Get a PA-63 in 9x18 Mak. The rounds are on par with a .38 special. They are light with an aluminum alloy frame and break down and look just like a Walther. I carry one. The muzzle filp can be bit harsh but the gun is more accurte than me. I use silver bear HP in mine. The pa-63 can be had for dirt cheap just liket the above.

9 x 18 Makarov = 95 gr fmj 1050 fps 231 ft/lbs
    .38 cal. = 130 gr fmj 810 fps 189 ft/lbs

pa63ws9.jpg

By null

glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    ok the p11 is just about as big as my g27 so i will keep the .40 s&w for that and the pf9 just did not shoot good for me. if i can try a khar maybe i will go that way. i am going to the rang today (got my paperwork back for my 308 can) so maybe i can see if anyone else ther has one or if they have a rental. and the g27 is staying as i love it on my belt but too big for the pocket and heck great backup for the g23c too. if i get a new pocket gun the p3at can go as i want to keep standard calibers (darn i still have the dang pk380, must sell that too). thanks for the input but just what i was already looking at just hoped for maybe a new idea

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Another vote for the PT-709. Mine has well over 1000 rounds through it with no significant issues. Eats pretty much anything it's fed. I have Critical Defense in it currently, and carry it every day. The nice thing about it is that it ISN'T a bear to shoot - which allows me to do a lot more practice than some of the other pocket pistols I've shot.

Top Bottom