• ...and so much more!
  • Do you support REQUIRED background check on ALL firearms sales

• Total voters

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Last year I cited Indiana's old universal background check statute which was repealed in 1998.

I have asked for:

1. 1 crime that was prevented by Indiana's UBC.

2. 1 prosecution under a violation of Indiana's UBC.

I STILL await those examples.

In theory, in order for a universal background to be effective, it needs to be universal. If a state has a UBC, and yet the surrounding states don't, then given the ease of movement between those particular states, a UBC would be ineffective. For instance, I'm from a dry county in Alabama, but all the other counties surrounding were wet. And for all they did to stamp out alcohol, we were swimming in booze.

Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    Indyblue, we are not allowed to have an unregistered, unplated vehicle on private property. That is what the state says. Read the income tax form you file with the state. Do you have any unregistered vehicles on your property? So where do the rights go wrong?

Jer

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Driving is a right as is buying any motor vehicle you want and can afford. You also have the right to drive it on your own property without license, registration, or insurance. You can decide what "rules of the road" apply to driving on your own property (or any other private property you have permission to drive on, i.e. a race track acording to the track rules).

Since the public roads are built/owned/maintained by the govt. (the public), driving on them is a privilege granted by the owners (the public) and they get to set the rules of the road.

Free travel != Driving a motor vehicle. It IS your right to ride a bike, walk, run, or ride a horse to travel freely.

If government can decide on rules of the road for vehicles and restrict their usage, then why can't it restrict bicycling, walking, running, and riding horses? After all, it's still the same publicly-funded roads we're talking about. Why is mode of travel the dependent factor as to my free exercise of a right?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Last year I cited Indiana's old universal background check statute which was repealed in 1998.

I have asked for:

1. 1 crime that was prevented by Indiana's UBC.

2. 1 prosecution under a violation of Indiana's UBC.

I STILL await those examples.

That's not fair, all we have is Google. You have Westlaw/LexisNexus. How about you tell us instead of the other way around? :):

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If government can decide on rules of the road for vehicles and restrict their usage, then why can't it restrict bicycling, walking, running, and riding horses? After all, it's still the same publicly-funded roads we're talking about. Why is mode of travel the dependent factor as to my free exercise of a right?

They do decide all of that unless you are exempt like the Amish and even they are not allowed on the highways

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    When the Constitution was written, the DANGEROUS people weren't out walking around "after they paid their debt" to society. They weren't walking around at all, in most cases. They "paid their debt" in a manner that prevented that from ever happening.

Today, by Indiana law, many of these people are out walking around after they have only paid HALF of their debt to society and what they should be paying already isn't nearly enough to keep the law-abiding populace safe.

It's the criminal justice system that needs fixed, not the Second Amendment.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I wonder how many shill accounts voted.

If you want a background check, go through an FFL.

I can't imagine the amount of calls NICS would get on non-gun sales if the ability was given for the public to call.

Tenant screening, employment, neighbors, character assassination... The feds show up at your door because your crazy ex called NICS 100 times in a weekend to have you checked out. They would need to hire a lot more people to answer calls.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    If your worried about a sell to a so called "proper person" then don't sell at all..... I would of voted for a HELL NO but that wasn't available.... You want gun rights then you want to take them away from us ? Then you want to leave a gun to your grandson , what he needs a back ground check, you can't pick and choose ... I mean really !

Top Bottom