• fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've been concerned about that.

I already have my tickets and my hotel booked.
    I'm going to be pissed if they cancel

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    The Hamvention in Xenia Ohio the weekend of May 15-17 has NOT BEEN CANCELED.
    I am sure they are watching closely and preparing for the possibility.
    There was a scheduled event in Toledo I attend every year. It was the 66th annual this year planned on the first weekend of April. After many vendor cancellations, it was cancelled this past Wednesday.
    If this all blows over in the next 3 weeks, it will likely go on as scheduled. If it continues, not likely any events like this will go on.
    it’s sad the media has blown this so far out of proportion. H1N1 was far worse in terms of cases and deaths.

Matt

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The Hamvention Executive Committee has been monitoring the COVID19 pandemic. We have worked very closely with our local and state health Departments.
    It is with a very heavy heart the Hamvention Executive Committee has decided to cancel Hamvention for this year.
    This decision is extremely difficult for us but with around two months until the Great Gathering we felt this action necessary.
    More specific details regarding the closure will soon be posted on our website www.hamvention.org.
    Thank you for your understanding in this time of International Crisis.
    Jack Gerbs
    General Chairman HV2020
    JackWB8SCT@gmail.com

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The Hamvention Executive Committee has been monitoring the COVID19 pandemic. We have worked very closely with our local and state health Departments.
    It is with a very heavy heart the Hamvention Executive Committee has decided to cancel Hamvention for this year.
    This decision is extremely difficult for us but with around two months until the Great Gathering we felt this action necessary.
    More specific details regarding the closure will soon be posted on our website www.hamvention.org.
    Jack Gerbs
    General Chairman HV2020
    JackWB8SCT@gmail.com

I just got the email. Website confirms it.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I just got the email. Website confirms it.

just saw this pop up on Facebook as well. Also saw the NRA Convention is cancelled. I assume that was posted somewhere on here before, but I got a letter in the mail about it and just decided to check the NRA site with the idea of registering. Unfortunately nothing to register for!

Matt

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Translation: "We felt this necessary because if we wait too long we might lose more money. This far out we can cancel a lot of stuff without any cancellation fees."

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Jack Gerbs
    General Chairman HV2020
    JackWB8SCT@gmail.com

Son of a *****!

Such horse ****. We are shutting down the world bc of the flu. Future historians will look back and laugh at our silly asses.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Maybe someone here can help me with this.

I have a old Kenwood TS- something. . . I would like to set up, however I need to get an antenna for it. Living in a sub-division I can not put up a tower or have anything too large attached to the roof. Is there an antenna out there I can hook to the side of the house which would not stick out to much to the neighborhood busy bodies.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I have a old Kenwood TS- something. . . I would like to set up, however I need to get an antenna for it. Living in a sub-division I can not put up a tower or have anything too large attached to the roof. Is there an antenna out there I can hook to the side of the house which would not stick out to much to the neighborhood busy bodies.

What bands? and lots of folks use temporary antennas and tear them down when not in use.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    If it is a UHF/VHF radio, a DBJ-1 is an excellent antenna at only $40 shippped. It is a 5’ long piece of 3/4” pvc pipe that you buy at Lowes or wherever and the antenna is put inside it. I’m currently using one inside my attic but as soon as I can, it is going out on the peak of my roof until the HOA makes me remove it!

Matt

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Sometimes the whole ham license thing can trump hoa rules. That being said you could possibly do a wire antenna from house to tree. Doubt anyone would notice

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    puUGvVq.png

abraham743

Marksman
    Rating - 98.1%
    51   1   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Indy SS
    My mobile is a kenwood tmv71a and my HT is a yaesu ft 70 d. I have stumbled across a couple of nets in the past and was not really sure what they were about. I probably just need to participate in one of the clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom