• rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    attachment.php

Good looking cat Expat. Is he blind in one eye?

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    Thanks rkwhyte2. Someone found in their apartment parking lot. He was so little, his eyes were still blue. After the first two years, he hasn't seemed to age.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Kip, named after Rudyard Kipling (The Jungle Book/Shere Khan). Currently 13, tears through the house at top speed at 1 in the morning and goes up to the kennel and growls at the dog. Tried to kill the vet last time he got shots despite being in the net. Also likes to hid and pounce on us while we walk around the house and bites my wife's feet.

View attachment 95132

My cat Denver, posted multiple times upthread, acts very similarly. He's part Maine Coon, which means he's big and mean as a rattlesnake... :):

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Black cats have the best personalities.

I had a black cat years ago, his name was Toby. Every evening when I came home from work he would meet me on the driveway and I would scoop him up in my arms and talk to him as I went into the house, my wife got jealous and one evening she was the first to meet me but I still scooped Toby up and carried him into the house. He also liked to catch and play with snakes and would bring them home with him. Loved that cat.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I've always been partial to black cats. First cat I got when I came to Texas was a big black female, she was my buddy for many years.

About 12 years ago I was on a medical first responder call with my VFD. Place we went to people were dirt poor, woman with terminal cancer, 0300, no house lights inside or out because they did not turn on any electricity except for her TV, and I think maybe by that point their electricity had been turned off for nonpayment, not sure. Just knew there were not lights besides our flashlights, no moon, pitch black.

Outside the trailer I heard this tiny little kitten voice at my feet. Shine flashlight down, there's a tiny black kitten buried in the unmown grass, clambering around and crying for mom. I pick it up so no big-booted firefighter steps on him, but comes time to move the patient out of the trailer and to the ambulance, I have to put him down some place. I put him way out of the way, we move the patient, then her daughter shows up on scene. I ask about cats, she says people dump them there all the time (they're near a highway), she hasn't seen the kittens mother for two days, and obviously not going to do anything about the kitten. I ask if I can take it. She shrugs, really doesn't care one way or the other.

I go searching for the kitten, and of course now he's shut up. After a few minutes I find him...only it's not him, it's another black kitten, this one has a huge patch of crud over one eye. Then I hear a squeak, and there's the other one. I search and find no more kittens, get a little plastic pail out of my truck for an field expedient cat carrier, and the three of us go home.

My wife is not thrilled that I just brought home two kittens, I don't remember how many cats we had then, about four I think plus a dog. We bathe the kittens in the sink, and I put a cotton ball soaked in warm water against that cruddy patch over the one kitten's eye and gently soak it free. As I peel it off I am fully expecting to see a cavity or a badly infected eye, but nope, beautiful blue eye (I think the kittens were only two weeks old or so). He had some weeping from irritation going on, collected some dirt, and it all stuck completely covering his eye, with no mama to lick him clean.

Long story slightly shorter, the wife had named them by daybreak, we got bottles, KRM, goats milk, and raised the little devils into big beautiful long haired black cats. We had a big black male cat back then, and they kittens immediately adopted him. He turned out to be a pretty good dad, bathed them, let them sleep next to him, played gently with them even when he was obviously annoyed by his nap being disturbed.

The kittens also adopted our yellow lab, much to the lab's chagrin. They frequently monopolized his bed.

I just realized the photos are on my phone, and I'm typing this on a desktop, so will post some photos in a separate post.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Chester (the lab and a mighty fine dog), Buster, and Smudge

VbxJu40.jpg

Smudge and Buster a little older:
    l0mlIMG.jpg

The brothers full grown, Buster on the left, Smudge on the right:
    xSmGmc8.jpg

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is Chunkadoodle (her real name is Misty) from 3 years ago. I've been going through old pics and I'd forgotten about these. She pretty much looks the same now.

lof2SSE.jpg

I'm guessing we must have had a fire the night before and it was still warm. "Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur..." :):

zWmncz6.jpg

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I know my cat likes me because he follows me everywhere. But what I can't figure out is why sometimes when we're playing he wants to bite my fingers? Of all the cats that I have had I only remember two that would bite when playing.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The King thinks he needs to attack my feet as soon as I take my shoes off. He runs over and lays next to them, then starts rolling from side to side, the WHAMO! The teeth and claws sink in....

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Our Bengal. Lousy picture just testing some of this stuff out

Attachments

• AD57351C-88FB-4836-9341-E25848F23B4A.jpeg
      AD57351C-88FB-4836-9341-E25848F23B4A.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 5

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hi, maybe somebody can help.My daughter has to rehome her 2 cat sisters about a year or so old, both are spayed and nuetered and front claws declawed.New husband is highly allergic and wehave a german shepard and a terrier that is a terror,lol.Daughter been crying for 2 days now because of it,it is heartbreaking and she just had a baby 14 days ago.If you could help, let me know.I live in northwest indiana by valparaiso IN.Tuff situations do come up.219-241-6891

Top Bottom