• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I was a kid I lived at Three Fountains apartments at 42nd and Post. Just east of us was Sutton Place, and to the north was Chateau LeMans....used to walk up to the Belair Swim Club on Post Rd in the summertime, my brother and I used to mow yards in the projects for a quarter and then walk up to the Ponderosa and feast on a chopped steak dinner...we were that cool. This is late 1960's. When mom got us out of there in 1972 or so, it was headed to hell on a roller coaster with no brakes. Robberies, burglaries, rapes, assaults, dope....you name it. Cops came one night and kicked down the door to the apartment next door to us, we heard a gun shot (turned out to be a shotgun the resident tried to shoot himself with, and failed) and the cops dragged the neighbor out by his legs and head....apparently he was a drug dealer and his number was up....we got out of there about a week later.

I'd say all the apartments on 42nd st from Post Rd into Hancock County could make the list now.

At the risk of going into "Taboo" territory I can sum this up by simply saying.................Section 8

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Port o Call
    New Bridges
    North Oaks
    Carriage House East
    Postbrook
    Harts Landing,
    abney lakes
    Oaktree
    Markwood Terrace

If you are thinking of moving just ask me if I might have worked in your new potential neighborhood

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Port O call seems to be at a different level tham West Lake. WestLake is huge and not good at all but would you agree port o call is worse?

So do the police. That complex and Westlake are on my zone.

I am not afraid to say that I have purposely called it that on the radio. A few times.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Ok, show your your age. Who remembers when these complexes were decent places.

In the early 70's the meadows was nice. In the late 70's the huge complex at 38th and Mitthoefer was a party spot. ( just east of John Marshall, can't remember what it was called then, or now.) the EX had an apt at 30th just east of post. I wouldn't park a Hurst/Olds or a Roadrunner anywhere near there now. The Hurst/Olds or the Roadrunner is probably worth more than the property today.:laugh:

there is a pattern to real estate (apartments included), and part of why i wont buy into subdivisions (many reasons there, including ****ty building standards)
    once there was a thriving neighborhood, 20 years later its a ghetto. why?
    too often i see this - a home is foreclosed on, and either by short sale or bank auction, its bought by a lower income person. 'there goes the neighborhood', as it were. now, call me judgmental, but there's a reason they're low income, period. they part their cars in the yard, beer cans litter the property, and the dude rides a four-wheeler down the middle of the street, and couldn't be happier when he gets laid off (im speaking from experience.) it doesn't take too long before neighbors get sick of it and decide to sell. they can't get a good value because of the mess across the street. people that were once of discriminating standards now live next to trash. property values all across the area drop in value. good families move. more crap take their place.

the same thesis can be applied to apartments easily. people get sick of living next to crap, and leave. property owners have to drop rental rates, and the pattern continues.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    there is a pattern to real estate (apartments included), and part of why i wont buy into subdivisions (many reasons there, including ****ty building standards)
    once there was a thriving neighborhood, 20 years later its a ghetto. why?
    too often i see this - a home is foreclosed on, and either by short sale or bank auction, its bought by a lower income person. 'there goes the neighborhood', as it were. now, call me judgmental, but there's a reason they're low income, period. they part their cars in the yard, beer cans litter the property, and the dude rides a four-wheeler down the middle of the street, and couldn't be happier when he gets laid off (im speaking from experience.) it doesn't take too long before neighbors get sick of it and decide to sell. they can't get a good value because of the mess across the street. people that were once of discriminating standards now live next to trash. property values all across the area drop in value. good families move. more crap take their place.

the same thesis can be applied to apartments easily. people get sick of living next to crap, and leave. property owners have to drop rental rates, and the pattern continues.

This is probably accurate, I live in a nice subdivision right now. Woman next to us left for NJ and leased it out (which I believe is against the HOA) and guess who moves in, some slob and his slob wife.

111NMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    May as well throw ......... the ones on English between 465 and Shortridge.

English Village apts?

There are some that seem worse around this neck of the woods. THere is a security outfit on the premises on the weekends, but really it doesnt seem so bad. Ive seen more ambulances than IMPD vehicles

Top Bottom