• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Hey all, I gotta question for you. I am about ready to purchase a handgun, and the only decent shooting range near my house that's open to the public is Indy Trading Post on Madison Avenue. Anybody got anything good, or bad to say about that place? And is it only handguns or does it have a rifle range as well?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Guys there seem pretty stand up. They have a nice selection of pistols to rent, if you haven't figured out what you want to get. I've purchased some shooting time there, but not shot at the ranges. Then looked cobbled together, but serviceable and clean. Much better than risking your life at Don's and the staff is much more helpful than the other East side range.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There are a bunch of threads about how great ITP is. I use the range an average of once a week. ITP is becoming more and more popular and the employees dont seem to show any stress with the increased patronage. I mention this because I have been in other gun shops that when it gets busy the employees start to show signs of stress. Not so with ITP, I really like it there, highly recommend both the range and the shop.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Don't worry, I've heard enough about Don's to never, ever, ever want to step foot in that place, or anywhere on 38th Street unless I absolutely have to. And I've actually already bought the gun, I just don't actually have it yet. I got it on layaway at Bradis and I still have to pay it off before I can have fun with it.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I shoot there regularly as well. Try to go on a weekday because the weekends get pretty busy. I also bought my newest handgun from them, the staff is great.

Also, only handgun calibers, so a 9mm rifle or .22 rifle are OK (I believe). When you get your gun, head straight there and shoot, you won't regret it.

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    I shoot there quite a bit, I beleive it is handgun only, maybe 22 rifle. I am also pretty sure that hollow points are not allowed. The guys that work there are pretty cool, the range is nice, nothing fancy, but it works, my only complaint is that it seems to be very hot in the actual shop. Overall I give them an A.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    ITP is handgun calibers got a rifle chambered in 9 or 45? Bring it. Rumor has it ITP has a new range ordered which will allow hollow points

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I went yesterday morning just after opening for the first time with a friend who'd never shot before.

I don't know the names of the guys working, but everyone was really efficient, very nice, and very helpful. The guy I was dealing with seemed a little newer, but he got us taken care of quickly. The retail area felt a little cramped, I can imagine it's hard to get around when it's packed. Seemed like there was a good selection of everything.

The range itself was exactly what a range should be, though maybe a little bit short...but that's just splitting hairs.

Either way, I'll definitely be back there.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Great place and the staff is excellent too. I've shot there more times that I can count and never a problem. :yesway::yesway: for ITP.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Top Bottom