• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So, Saturday, went to the 1500. Parking was okay, didn't have to drive far, admission, meh.

I'm at Jack's Stuff, wearing a small backpack, and apparently, another guy wearing a backpack pushes his way through a throng of bunged up people. Someone behind me mutters, "I'll show that backpack up yer ***" right in my ear. I turn to ask him what? He says, no, it was someone else. I shook my head and told him, "I'm sorry you are having a bad day and I hate crowds too. Makes me feel penned in and honestly, sometimes, you have to push through. But, between you and I, something to think about: You know, it's not a good idea to pick a fight with folks at a GUN SHOW, some aren't as stable as others..." He looked confused for a second, thanked me for the advice, moved on muttering. lol

I see that Nick at Glock Doc has Glock Certified Armorer certs posted up at his booth!! "No way!" I exclaim to myself. Further scrutinizing showed that they were ALL, every one posted, out of date. But sure enough, he had the suckers lined up.

$75 bulk packs of .22lr, not even 550 rounders, but 500 rounders. 225 rounders going for $40 a crack. One guy was buying two of the $75 packs, saying that he can't get them anywhere else but saw them online for $40. I actually brought two packs with me to sell for $40 to "rescue" someone from paying higher (make the sellers sit on 'em!) but didn't even bother. Why, right? If they are willing to pay that price, why bother trying to save someone who doesn't want to be saved.

LOTS of new guns, barely any used, and the used prices were a little out of touch. Grouchy old guys trying to hock brand new Glock 22 pistols at their tables for $600 and grumbling when they didn't sell them. ARs, well, there was nothing of note: All 1:9 twist, all looking the same, miserably despondent with out rear sights, all lined in a row. Lots of .223, but at pricing that would steer me to even the higher priced online elements. No revolvers unless some mangle-um or a small roscoe. Where are all the medium framed guns?! :D Millions made, nothing available.

My fav: reloading powder. Standard even good pricing on powders, unless it was popular. HP-38 going for $35 a pound, with a pound of Titewad next to it going for $19.99. Unique selling for $40, with a pound of IMR4985 next to it for $25. Sad.

The sound of cheap stunguns snapping every 10 seconds made me nauseous. Some idiot is accidentally going to shock someone else in the crowd one day, so some chinese-made junk seller can flip an unreliable and cheaply made toy to an unsuspecting rube seduced by the static discharge and loud sound.

What else did folks notice that made them chuckle? Any stories?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A vendor, selling the high priced .22LR, leveled a rifle at me with reckless abandon as he examined the receiver parts.
    Wasn't real funny though. :rolleyes:

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    nothing real bad for me, but did get a little po`ed at Tony`s uppers,twice I walked thru to buy a few parts and couldn`t get waited on,4 guys in the spot all just bs`in to each other. And nothing had a price... I asked for prices (after waving at a guy from 5 feet.) and tony had left and know one knew how much anything was..wow.

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I chuckled at the USMC signature knives. I looked at the other side of the blade..."made in China". Just about every knife I looked at, before even a "hello" and before talking price, the vendor told me...." I can take $5.00 off that.". Bought a pistol case for $4.00 and saw basically the same one a few tables down for $20 - don't these guys price check each other? First time I saw someone selling surgical and chemistry equipment - the guys working the booth didn't look anything like chemists or physicians.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I chuckled at the USMC signature knives. I looked at the other side of the blade..."made in China". Just about every knife I looked at, before even a "hello" and before talking price, the vendor told me...." I can take $5.00 off that.". Bought a pistol case for $4.00 and saw basically the same one a few tables down for $20 - don't these guys price check each other? First time I saw someone selling surgical and chemistry equipment - the guys working the booth didn't look anything like chemists or physicians.

Obviously you weren't looking at the knives on Knife Lady's table because the only USMC knife that she has, is stamped "KaBar" and "USA". :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Walked past a booth where two guys were ignoring customers and one guy was telling the other, loudly, how he just ripped some guy off. Bought his gun for a really low price and sold it moments later for hundreds more.

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    For those of us that KNOW BETTER it is a waste of time but is still an enjoyable get-away on occasion. Just go in not expecting much, same ole same!
    If you know how much something should be and shop around the booths, its worth the time. Plus its cool seeing all the out of the ordinary things. One thing i really like is that fact ken arnold has a booth there. He has some good prices on stocks and mags and you dont have to pay S&H from Tennessee, just call in your order and he brings it with him.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I am looking forward to the Knob Creek MGS and show. There is always some good funnies going on plus lots of high end hardware to drool over.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This was seen at the small gun show in Lafayette a couple of weeks ago...

Vendor had a machine on which he could print custom vinyl banners, window stickers, etc. Had a large overhead banner above his booth, probably intended to demonstrate his skill with the equipment. Among other things, the banner touted his ability to make signs for your "vehical". In big letters, of course.

Top Bottom