• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you live in Marion county and will be voting for mayor, (you better vote!) take a good look at this statement by Kennedy printed in today's Indpls Star (Sun Oct 2)... Apparently she plans to look to the meglo-maniac mayor of NYC for anti-crime policy (actually meaning ineffective, draconian gun laws and royal decrees which will take serious money and legal effort to repeal later). Her real colors showing through. You may not agree with Ballard on some 2A issues, but at least he told Bloomberg to go fish and did not join his anti-gun mayors club.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    OMG...think of the children! Yet again the "loophole" comes up in discussion.

Of course there is a loophole, that was the intent of the founding fathers. Even with the gun laws on the books today, guys that buy guns illegally don't follow existing laws. What makes anyone think that stricter laws are going to change that?

It is like a wise man once said, locks serve no purpose other than to keep honest people honest.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    How would anyone that voted for Ballard last time vote for this women?? People seem to forget that she was a Deputy Mayor for Peterson during the time that he was running up a deficit for the city and had to almost double the local tax to pay for it. AND she was a DM during the time of all of the consolidation of the IPD & MCSD took place and the moral of both police forces were at near all time lows. The Peterson Admin. (including Kennedy) were too involved in the cultural stuff and had paid little if any attention to many of the things that actually matter in the running of a city.

I really don't get the move by the FOP to endorse Kennedy. Did they endorsed her for MC Prosecutor?? :dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    How would anyone that voted for Ballard last time vote for this women?? People seem to forget that she was a Deputy Mayor for Peterson during the time that he was running up a deficit for the city and had to almost double the local tax to pay for it. AND she was a DM during the time of all of the consolidation of the IPD & MCSD took place and the moral of both police forces were at near all time lows. The Peterson Admin. (including Kennedy) were too involved in the cultural stuff and had paid little if any attention to many of the things that actually matter in the running of a city.

I really don't get the move by the FOP to endorse Kennedy. Did they endorsed her for MC Prosecutor?? :dunno:

I don't live in Indy, so I'm only guessing, but my guess is that the FOP didn't endorse Kennedy so much as refused to endorse Ballard, and I'd further guess that that would be thanks to Frankie Straub. :twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Sorry to offend, but Ballard is a doucher.. Don't live in Marion County, but would not support him if I did. Don't know about Kennedy, so can't say..

So you're saying you "know" Mayor Ballard well enough to pass judgment on him (not living in Marion County) but you don't know Melina Kennedy and won't pass judgment on her? From where do you know Greg Ballard?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't particularly like Ballard. But Kennedy is a very bad choice for mayor - or anything else for that matter.

She's ambitious, no doubt. I think her ambition could very well be destructive enough to change Indianapolis for the worse.

Ballard just kind of flops around and doesn't do anything. I knew that was going to be his modus when he showed up. Art for art's sake and all that crappola.

Indy is still asleep at the wheel. The mayor we have could give a squirt less about us here, but Malina wants to put the hurt on us. That's no exaggeration.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You may not agree with Ballard on some 2A issues, but at least he told Bloomberg to go fish and did not join his anti-gun mayors club.

Ballard said in a TV news interview that he would like the state to allow NYC style gun control in Indianapolis. So, on that issue, there's no real difference. My condolences on your choice between a turd sandwich and a big ol' douche.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ballard said in a TV news interview that he would like the state to allow NYC style gun control in Indianapolis. So, on that issue, there's no real difference. My condolences on your choice between a turd sandwich and a big ol' douche.

It won't be just our problem if she gets in, she'll be out to convert the whole state into something that looks like IL... just look at her platform

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Like Pami said, vote Libertarian. there's a wooden nickel's worth of difference between ballard and kennedy. We've got nothing to lose voting 3rd party and everything to lose voting for either of the other two.
    BTW it seems like the preemption law ought to prevent them from enacting ANYTHING against gun owners in Indy.

Udderchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    NW Indy
    I just can't see a former Marine(Ballard) wanting that much gun control. Of all in the office, he should know about criminals and illegal weapons.. I can't vote for Kennedy . She started the mud slinging right off the bat. To me, that shows she's desperate from the get go. So, anything that happens while she was in office is not her fault...MHO...

Top Bottom