• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You guessed it. Although I haven't been there for quite some time because of a huge lack of service. Had cash burning a hole in my pocket, knew exactly what I wanted and stood in front of the display case, and nobody had time to sell me a gun. They were too busy chatting with some regulars. I finally looked at a dude that was chatting and clearly saw me ( made eye contact), I said well since you would rather B.S. than sell guns I will take my cash and go elsewhere. Ahole even had the gall to say have a good day as I was leaving. That happened when it was pop guns. Haven't been back

I've had positive interactions the couple of times I've been in the store the pat few months. I haven't used the range there, but the people have been helpful and willing to answer questions. Might be worth giving it another shot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If the phone call was initiated BEFORE the counter contact, the clerks response should have been to ask the phone caller to wait just a moment while the clerk acknowledged the customer at the counter.
    The clerk should then address the customer at the counter with, "I'll be with you as quickly as I can", and then return to the phone call.

If you actually expect the clerk to stop a call in progress to address YOUR needs, you really need to re-evaluate you priorities.
    "First come first served" is not just a cliche'.

Yes a business prospers on paying customer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here we go again. At least the Attorney General got you your much deserved rebate.

My point underlined and bolded. Thanks, Jake.

There are just some customers that are not happy no matter what you do. Spike is apparently one of them. His post history bears that out.

Reminds me of a recent situation. For the first time in my professional career, I believe I was actually arguing with another consultant AGAINST taking over a client. "No, I am not interested nor equipped to service your client. You need to keep them as a client." because he kept trying to step out of the picture and turn them over to me. They were too far away for me to even consider handling even if I wanted to, but it does speak volumes when your worker fights hard to give you to another service provider instead of continuing to accept $$ for continued work from them. I actually wondered why until I had the opportunity to work with them firsthand recently. (only others in my org had dealt with them directly) Once I worked with them for the first time, it was abundantly clear the old consultant was looking for an excuse to walk away from the customer without losing face.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Well this could be the reason that so many BIG BOX stores are failing.
    Well if it more important to be on the phone. I will just call Amazon, HSN, or Evine.
    Why should travel all the way to a store just to wait until they hang up.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Apparently, this is something that people have strong, and diverse opinions about. An informal survey of my own household yielded 4 varied responses with vocal arguments. who knew :dunno:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It's the consistent entitlement and the berating of low to mid level employees that baffles me.

In a perfect world, the cashier should have acknowledged your presence, but she did not. Then you presumably made a scene while you said your peace. For all you know, the person on the phone could've ordered and paid for $10,000 worth of whatever product. Phone sales happen all the time. Also, internet, mail and FTF sales occur daily. Regardless, being rude to someone who WAS doing their job for close to minimum wage, is rude and ignorant. This is magnified when the same rude customer makes several different posts about the same assumed slight and involved the AG over one such slight.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    It's the consistent entitlement and the berating of low to mid level employees that baffles me.

In a perfect world, the cashier should have acknowledged your presence, but she did not. Then you presumably made a scene while you said your peace. For all you know, the person on the phone could've ordered and paid for $10,000 worth of whatever product. Phone sales happen all the time. Also, internet, mail and FTF sales occur daily. Regardless, being rude to someone who WAS doing their job for close to minimum wage, is rude and ignorant. This is magnified when the same rude customer makes several different posts about the same assumed slight and involved the AG over one such slight.

I notice that you are writing about your self. As a defense you will strike out against the victim. this is just like beating down the whistle blower.
    I call it the Bloomberg effect.

maybe you should read how thunderchicken presented his case.
    you also write like the Mayor of Chicago who blames Indiana for all the gun problems (well they could be).

Last edited:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I notice that you are writing about your self. As a defense you will strike out against the victim. this is just like beating down the whistle blower.
    I call it the Bloomberg effect.

maybe you should read how thunderchicken presented his case.
    you also write like the Mayor of Chicago who blames Indiana for all the gun problems (well they could be).

Did you read your post? That one plus the others where you feel like you were slighted, cheated and/or disrespected is what I am referring to. You have a history of belittling and berating customer service workers/cashiers. At some, point you really need to ask why these workers single you out to make your life so difficult.

The OP does not have a history of this type of behavior. You do.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Did you read your post? That one plus the others where you feel like you were slighted, cheated and/or disrespected is what I am referring to. You have a history of belittling and berating customer service workers/cashiers. At some, point you really need to ask why these workers single you out to make your life so difficult.

The OP does not have a history of this type of behavior. You do.

They did not single me out.
    I just informed the everyone about their poor and Inadequate customer service.
    Nothing I stated was Incorrect or exaggerated.
    You and your fellow workers just take offense of someone telling it like it is.
    By the way what department in Bass Pro do you work.
    That way I will know when not to go to receive proper customer service.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    By the way what department in Bass Pro do you work.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not in customer service and haven't been since high school. I just don't expect the sun to revolve around me, and I try to not be so self absorbed that I forget to care for others feelings. You've made it abundantly clear that others owe you their undivided attention, and the more you try to justify it, the more apparent it becomes. Friendly advice...I'd quit complaining about poor service everywhere and focus your energy on enriching the lives of those around you. I'm past the wise ass comments and am sincerely trying to help you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    By the way what department in Bass Pro do you work. OR FAMILY.

Now I see where they received their upbringing.

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    I don't recall that rule in greenfield. I've shot steel 9mm ammo there.

You got away with it then, because I just asked Highsmiths about this last week and they said no steel or aluminum ammo allowed. Most indoor ranges don't allow it because of the contracts they have with reloading companies. It gets me that they'll sell it, but won't let you use it. I have a box of aluminum 9mm I have to get outdoors to shoot since I can't shoot it at Highsmiths.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've seen where some places forbid steel core or jacketed (even bi-metal, cause, you know, it sticks to a magnet), but, other than the laziness that was brought up, I don't see why steel or aluminum cased should matter. Heck, FM has steel-cased, coated in brass, ammo that has copper jacketed lead bullets, so that idea of all of it being steel core is definitely out the window (including all of the 7.62x39 I shoot, which has the bi-metal jacket, but a lead core).

The steel core stuff can potentially do some damage to a backdrop that isn't made for it. Not sure what a bi-metal jacket would do to it, though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    308 jerk, you should be asking why Customer Service do not give the service they are getting paid for.
    As so many here state the same concern.
    Just like you are doing they attack the customer.

Top Bottom