• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hmmm that one looks like a VZ58. Somebody could have got a lot more.
    On the other hand, If someone got $300 for that single shot shotgun they got a heck of a deal.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have one of those shotguns. Might trade it in if it wasn't one of the few things my grandpa gave me before his psychotic wife convinced him his family was out to get her.

Regardless....sounds like they are getting automatic weapons off the street so kudos to them. <---purple implied...not sure how todo it on my phone.

Glock4life

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Elkhart, IN
    Perhaps the bigger story here is where is the money coming from? Are these "people" turning in guns being checked for felony convictions? Once again society is asked to turn it's back on the way civilized people act so that they can be enabled to skirt the law. This is nothing to be proud of or thump your chest about.

sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    "Bishop Damon Roach of First Christian Missionary Baptist Church has bought approximately 15 illegal guns in the last month and turned them over to sheriff’s deputies with the help of an ex-gang member and prison parolee who is now a member of his church."

I want them to define the term "illegal" in this sentence. Why would they be purchasing illegal merchandise? The article also says nothing about where the money came from (church donations or tax payers money?). What is going to happen to the guns? I bet we will see them in the next sheriffs auction and the "illegal" guns will once again be back on the streets.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I don't think there's any law against a private person, or INGO/INGO members from staging a buyback. BUT, what if there are seriously hot guns with no serials or an nfa device, and a private entity purchased it?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Don't worry....the guns will be held as evidence, returned if stolen or cut up.

I would like to know who the Sheriffs Chaplain is and why he supports these buy backs. Furthermore I would like to know if Marion County Sheriff's Department supports them.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    "Bishop Damon Roach of First Christian Missionary Baptist Church has bought approximately 15 illegal guns in the last month and turned them over to sheriff’s deputies with the help of an ex-gang member and prison parolee who is now a member of his church."

I want them to define the term "illegal" in this sentence. Why would they be purchasing illegal merchandise? The article also says nothing about where the money came from (church donations or tax payers money?). What is going to happen to the guns? I bet we will see them in the next sheriffs auction and the "illegal" guns will once again be back on the streets.

I think its odd that a lot of people arent thinking this through. I posted my thoughts on the original poat about this EX CON helping to buy firearms... Hmmmmm I wonder if his parole officer has a problem with one of his EX CON PAROLEES illegally being involved with anything to do with firearms... ;-)
    Your post just reminded me of it ;-)

Oresti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Not to bash, just to inform, Sherrifs auction went away, in Indy, Marion Co., years ago .....

sca1985

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Not to bash, just to inform, Sherrifs auction went away, in Indy, Marion Co., years ago .....

Thanks for the info. I just remembered seeing estate and car autions. Didn't realize they pulled all the other things from auctions.

Top Bottom