Indiana tax review task force begins work, with goal for some to eliminate income tax

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is 100% all for show. Even if they reduce one theyll raise another. The though of cutting the govt spending and state budget and having the govt do less will never occur

Much, much, much less minutia in a strait sales tax vs the "schedule" we follow for income now. Also the elimination of the state IRS should buy us a percentage off of the sales tax, right off the batt.

:spend:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Much, much, much less minutia in a strait sales tax vs the "schedule" we follow for income now. Also the elimination of the state IRS should buy us a percentage off of the sales tax, right off the batt.

:spend:
    I am just so pessimistic about our state doing anything to actually help. My new rep who replaced frye still hasn't responded to my emails about taxes etc... doesnt give me hope. Id love to see the taxes slashed and the govt shrunk.. but that genie is out of the bottle and just keeps growing

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I would prefer property taxes done away with. It would sure be nice to actually own my home once the mortgage is paid off instead of having to rent it from the state for the rest of eternity.

Why not?

Make it all sales tax!

Everybody pays their tax at the register. EVERYBODY...
    ...rich, poor, welfare recipients, drug dealers, hookers, illegal aliens, homeless, etc, etc, etc...

:yesway:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would prefer property taxes done away with. It would sure be nice to actually own my home once the mortgage is paid off instead of having to rent it from the state for the rest of eternity.

This.

This needs to be a constitutionally recognized right. Income tax, sales tax, etc don't bar you from being able to own land. Property tax legitimately does.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Why not?

Make it all sales tax!

Everybody pays their tax at the register. EVERYBODY...
    ...rich, poor, welfare recipients, drug dealers, hookers, illegal aliens, homeless, etc, etc, etc...

:yesway:
    I am thinking you answered the why not.
    If everybody pays then the governor, mayors and councilmen can’t sell their property tax abatement schemes to businesses and developers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am thinking you answered the why not.
    If everybody pays then the governor, mayors and councilmen can’t sell their property tax abatement schemes to businesses and developers.

Exactly why we need to do it.

No more taxpayer funded foreign vacations, soliciting jobs that would naturally come our way with a better tax system.

:)

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I would personally prefer a drop in property taxes, the additional 1% on top of the bat**** prices really hurts. Indiana is not a low tax state at all, there is no way most of our tax dollars are used efficiently at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’m sure the last free and fair election put people in place that has our best interests in mind….

no it doesn’t need to be in purple.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I am just so pessimistic about our state doing anything to actually help. My new rep who replaced frye still hasn't responded to my emails about taxes etc... doesnt give me hope. Id love to see the taxes slashed and the govt shrunk.. but that genie is out of the bottle and just keeps growing
    New and old politicians look forward to a bigger check, they can’t justify that if taxes are lowered or even stay the same.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    It would be nice, but it's just talk. It would require reigning in extravagant government spending, and politicians are all too addicted to that spending. I'll believe it when I see it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I advocate for this:

The Indiana government may only raise revenue from the citizens and residents of the State by one means. That means must be equally apportioned to each citizen by equal amounts per divisions of one hundred. It shall be permissible to set a floor or threshold such that citizens with means below the threshold are not compelled to contribute to the States' revenue. No citizen shall be afforded methods to reduce their burden to the revenue of the State relative to other citizens. No other tax, fee, charge, or any other method of raising revenue from a citizen or resident of the State shall be permissible four years after implementation.

Top Bottom