• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I also have the right to free speech (including reading/writing), but it is required that I go to school to learn vocabulary and how to read/write. I (my parents) have the option to enroll me in public or private school, or home school; but schooling of some kind is required. Is my right being infringed on because they are making me go to school so I can properly use my freedom of speech?

Firearms should be treated similarly. There are many different options of training available, and you should be able to chose which one you prefer, but learning how to properly exercise your right is not an infringement of that right. IMO

I am sorry that you cannot see the obvious..We have few accidental shootings that cause serious bodily injury, by folks that have a LCP.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I also have the right to free speech (including reading/writing), but it is required that I go to school to learn vocabulary and how to read/write. I (my parents) have the option to enroll me in public or private school, or home school; but schooling of some kind is required. Is my right being infringed on because they are making me go to school so I can properly use my freedom of speech?

Firearms should be treated similarly. There are many different options of training available, and you should be able to chose which one you prefer, but learning how to properly exercise your right is not an infringement of that right. IMO

You can exercise free speech without that education. It is not based on a required educational level.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

And if the training is forced it becomes an infringement

No one should be forced to go to school either.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm

The determination of what constitutes proper training comes from who?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Who says you have to have a drivers license to own a car? How about to drive it on your personal property where you arent endangering others' lives?

I dont see training requirements for the ability to CARRY as all that bad. Now to be able to POSSESS or BUY a gun? Thats a different story. If they try that sh** I'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with you.

I just dont see how being properly trained and educated to use a deadly weapon is all that evil.

Well you can bet it won't be free training.....you can bet the govt. will try and tax or make money off of the training. Why not get properly trained to pea in a pot while we are at it, that will be next. Then training that can be taxed for how to climb a ladder as a law before buying one. When does it end......?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well you can bet it won't be free training.....you can bet the govt. will try and tax or make money off of the training. Why not get properly trained to pea in a pot while we are at it, that will be next. Then training that can be taxed for how to climb a ladder as a law before buying one. When does it end......?

We need some swimming pool laws too.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Do we know this or think we know this?

Do we have an e-mail, telegram, gorillagram from another state saying that the reason they "look down" on Indiana's LTCH is because of training?

Yes, I have read many a story where a state has said they will only honor other state licenses which have a rough equivilent with their own state's mandatory training.

danbailey24

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Rochester
    As a gun owner, I agree with the gentleman above in that I see no harm in requiring training for people to conceal and carry a weapon in public. In many cases (not including guns), our government has to protect the law-abiding, sane, GOOD AMERICANS from those who are not those things. You bring up the word "right". As a citizen, I feel I have the RIGHT to be protected from irresponsible, untrained people carrying deadly weapons. In my opinion, because I have only good intentions for carrying....I have no problem being required to be trained. I understand and respect your stance...just wanted to share mine also.

good discussion always leads to positive ends.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    . As a citizen, I feel I have the RIGHT to be protected from irresponsible, untrained people carrying deadly weapons.

Uhh...no, you don't. You do, however, have the Right to protect YOURSELF from those irresponsible people. You do not have the right to force someone else to become proficient in something.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Uhh...no, you don't. You do, however, have the Right to protect YOURSELF from those irresponsible people. You do not have the right to force someone else to become proficient in something.

This. Dan, I think you are misunderstanding what rights you have, or feel you should have.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    All this mandatory training requirement will do is further hamper the abilities of individuals to become licensed and enjoy the shooting sports. Think about it, in addition to the current license cost, you have the cost of the gun, cost of fingerprinting, etc. Now, for a husband and wife or someone young with a new family tacking on $150-400 in 'training' makes this a non-starter. Plus those of us with hectic work schedules can't take off whenever someone decides to schedule a training class.

I've gone on to obtain additional training from TDI, Gunsite, etc. as anyone with a valid license can. Training should be something ongoing as it can be afforded - NOT a mandatory requirement just to discourage ownership.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    As a gun owner, I agree with the gentleman above in that I see no harm in requiring training for people to conceal and carry a weapon in public. In many cases (not including guns), our government has to protect the law-abiding, sane, GOOD AMERICANS from those who are not those things. You bring up the word "right". As a citizen, I feel I have the RIGHT to be protected from irresponsible, untrained people carrying deadly weapons. In my opinion, because I have only good intentions for carrying....I have no problem being required to be trained. I understand and respect your stance...just wanted to share mine also.

The government is doing such a fine job with stopping car wrecks and drunk drivers aren't they?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    QUOTE=Scutter01;4694398]Uhh...no, you don't. You do, however, have the Right to protect YOURSELF from those irresponsible people. You do not have the right to force someone else to become proficient in something.[/QUOTE]

^^^^THIS^^^^

The right to protect yourself is unalienable. Not just to protect yourself from individuals, gangs or robbers, but also from the government itself. The founders enumerated this as the right to keep and bear arms because that was the best way to defend yourself at that time. Since that time the government has infringed upon that right in every way that they can get away with. We don't have the right to keep and bear automatic weapons, silencers or even carry a handgun without a license. They will continue to infringe upon your rights and every turn that you allow them.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville

Welcome to INGO...Hang around for re-instruction....

Top Bottom