Indiana senate passes revised school parking lot gun bill!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wouldnt take his comments personally

Well, especially since I already said it had nothing to do with either MrsGungho personally or Moms Against Gun Control. It's clear to me now that the question from 87iroc was a deliberate setup to try to bait me into a fight, and it clearly succeeded. I've been well and properly trolled. Congratulations, 87iroc, you won the Internet for today. I've already apologized to Mrs. G. if she was offended, she appeared to accept it, and that's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Anyone else old enough to remember the evening news with Walter Cronkite? It wasn't perfect but it makes today's news look like a comic book.

Yes, I remember the news with Walter Cronkite, and I agree with you that while not perfect it was far better then about reporting facts....Uhm I may have just dated myself.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Just shot an email to Gov Pence. Asking him to support SB229 and to continue to support our 2A rights.

Keep at it, guys. We'll whittle them away one at a time. ;)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well, especially since I already said it had nothing to do with either MrsGungho personally or Moms Against Gun Control. It's clear to me now that the question from 87iroc was a deliberate setup to try to bait me into a fight, and it clearly succeeded. I've been well and properly trolled. Congratulations, 87iroc, you won the Internet for today. I've already apologized to Mrs. G. if she was offended, she appeared to accept it, and that's the last I'm going to say on the subject.

I did accept it, so not sure why cameramonkey had to bring it back up.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I did accept it, so not sure why cameramonkey had to bring it back up.

stirpoop.gif
    ???????

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Enjoy this victory, but now is the time to get ready for the next Big Push for our gun rights. The time to get actively involved is right when session starts. That is when bills get presented and the House and Senate leaders pick which bills get heard and which Committees they get assigned to. Leadership Committee Chairs have extraordinary power and that is when the REAL battle begins! Spend the summer getting organized and get a game plan formed so everyone here at INGO can actually push for gun reform instead of just reacting to whatever crumbs may be fortunate enough to fall through the cracks. I hope everyone recognizes how fortunate we were to get this victory and pays attention to the fact that this particular piece of legislation, which makes incredible sense, was fought tooth and nail for many weeks and didn't make it through until the final hour. This was a great bill, but the press and massive mis-information being spread was a major obstacle and gives pause to those legislators who aren't die-hard gun people. Given what has just transpired, try to imagine the difficulty in passing even better, more far-reaching bills! Enjoy this great victory and start organizing for next year, you know the anti's are already at it, just look at how easy Ms. Watts lied in the Committee hearing and on camera!
    I know for a fact that there was one person, only one, in the Statehouse that kept this bill alive from start to finish. That person worked way harder than they should have had to to get this bill through, but that's the way things go sometimes with circumstances the way they were. Next time, there might not be the luck there was this time around!
    My :twocents:!

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Got from my senator today:

Dear Mr. Stocks,
    Thank you for your support for Senate Bill 229, gun buyback. You will be happy to know that Senator Arnold supported the bill. Senate Bill 229 ultimately received legislative approval by both chambers and is referred to the Governor for his consideration. I would encourage you to contact Governor Pence since he reserves the right to veto legislation.
    Thank you again for your active participation in the legislative process. If you have any questions or concerns regarding any public policy considered this session, please let me know.
    Sincerely,
    Michelle Moody - Legislative Assistant
    Office of Senator James R. Arnold

Sincerely,

James Arnold
    State Senator
    Indiana State Senate

Top Bottom