• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    MOST members of the Republican Party have NOT been small "r" republicans for a LONG time.

Bob Dole put it clearly during the 1996 Presidential election cycle when he said "our job is to slow things down" (that the Democrats want to do).

So basically the Republican Party has the same goals for the most part the the Democrats do.
    The main difference is they just want to be the ones in control of it all.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I heard a blip on the "news" this evening about the failed smoking ban and the Super Bowl. Something about the state or city (Indy) stepping in to force through some ban on smoking in time for the game.

Anyone hear of this?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That would be what the statewide ban being pushed by Bosma would be for. Indy couldn't get one done, so the gop has to step in and get the job done for 'em. Bosma and his colleagues are the worst sort of moralists out there.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    I was told at one time that there are designated smoking room in the state capitol building just for the politicians. Can anyone confirm this? :dunno:

I was told they were put in place to get around the smoking ban.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    That would be what the statewide ban being pushed by Bosma would be for. Indy couldn't get one done, so the gop has to step in and get the job done for 'em. Bosma and his colleagues are the worst sort of moralists out there.

As if statist pigs are somehow more benevolent than moralists?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I am a conservative but this just goes too far. I am tired of anyone telling businesses and people what they can do and who their customer base must be.

I would like to know why we have "conservatives" pushing a smoking ban on IN (something I do not support) which would consume public funds that could be better used in enforcing the laws against ILLEGAL drugs.

You guys are really surprised that the Rs want to issue a decree that you cannot smoke what you wish? Where have you been? I don't see what the difference is. You can't smoke cannabis outside (or anywhere else in Indiana, for that matter) and you can't sip on a beer outside. Not being able to smoke tobacco in public sounds about par for the course to me. I suspect "they" (the shape shifters who issue the decrees and "shall nots" to us lowly idiots who are apparently incapable of making our own decisions) will banish coffee from the land next...followed closely by oxygen. :thumbsup:

They're just smarter than us, guys. We shouldn't try to understand why they get to take things away from us. We're the children and they are the wise adults.

They took away my purple crayon.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The ability to see irony is more of curse than a blessing. I see it the way that little boy sees dead people.

My eyes, my eyes, oh how it burns my eyes.

The world is never so cheerful without the emerald glasses.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You guys are really surprised that the Rs want to issue a decree that you cannot smoke what you wish? Where have you been? I don't see what the difference is. You can't smoke cannabis outside (or anywhere else in Indiana, for that matter) and you can't sip on a beer outside. Not being able to smoke tobacco in public sounds about par for the course to me. I suspect "they" (the shape shifters who issue the decrees and "shall nots" to us lowly idiots who are apparently incapable of making our own decisions) will banish coffee from the land next...followed closely by oxygen. :thumbsup:

They're just smarter than us, guys. We shouldn't try to understand why they get to take things away from us. We're the children and they are the wise adults.

They took away my purple crayon.
    I think you have it backwards. Smoking in public places is fine. It is smoking on private property that would not be allowed.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I really don't care either way. I already choose to only go into non-smoking establishments.
    I, too only go to non-smoking establishments. But, unlike you I do care about the property rights of business owners and the rights of their patrons to engage in legal activity with a legal product. This is a horrid overreach by the worst sorts of politicians, those who know what's good for you.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm on both sides of the Fence guys,

Smokers you need to be more courteous and you wouldn't have near the problem, But I'm a Rabid Anti big Govt.

I'm an occasional cigar smoker

BUT Darnnnnnit

When rude smokers wave the smoke in your face even after they notice your trying to get away from it then You deserve what you get.

Start a Grass root courtesy campaign and see what happens to these smoking bans

They won't go away but you would have less Nonsmoker support

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When rude smokers wave the smoke in your face even after they notice your trying to get away from it then You deserve what you get.

Yeah, because a third party acts like an ass and ticks other people off, we should strip a property owner's right to control his own premises...

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Yeah, because a third party acts like an ass and ticks other people off, we should strip a property owner's right to control his own premises...

your taking me out of context and not what the post was about,

Its about personal responsibilty and trying to get along with the person immidiatly on you right and left,

Start there, Right there.

I've got friends that smoke right next to me that blow smoke away and hold thier stink stick away from people who don't smoke

then I've got people who move the ashtray back after I move it away from me.

So if individuals work to protect thier rights then it is a base to build support from.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am not in favor of anything like smoking bans, set belt laws, helmet laws, etc.

But as a non smoker it sure is nice to go into a bowling alley or bar and not stink like 10 day old garbage when you get home.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member