• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I am unclear what your question is with regards to our standard operating procedure to civilians when/if SHTF. Could you please clarify?

There are many different scenarios that could happen and not one answer is the only right one. If it means the difference of accomplishing your mission or goals will you take from civilians, or force them to provide quarters? I guess what I am saying right now you have 8 team members and there are thousands of civilians you are going to have to deal with sometime or another. To be quite frank if there was a major SHTF event today and some militia members were running around I might consider them targets of opportunity.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I am pretty sure now the way it stands if SHTF today there will be hundreds of independent militia's, gangs, or MSG's all jocking for control.

Specter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    The ISM requests civilian support in whatever way they wish to contribute. To take from civilians by force is a decision I cannot make until I am in such a situation. If it means death by starvation or raid someone’s food pantry I would try to compensate the affected family in some way with money, labor or security. You want the civilian population on your side. As militiamen we have no formal support except the people.

Like you if I stepped out onto my porch and saw thugs looting and burning I would also take the opportunity for a little target practice.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    What are the tactics of your training exactly? And are these people ex-LEO or military. I would only be nervous to train with people I have no clue who they ARE and have no clue on what they're DOING.

Specter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    What are the tactics of your training exactly? And are these people ex-LEO or military. I would only be nervous to train with people I have no clue who they ARE and have no clue on what they're DOING.

You aren’t whistling Dixie there! My first involvement was with the 21st Btn when I lived in Ohio. At first it just seemed like a group of like minded individuals who chose to take our Constitutional responsibilities seriously. As it turned out, they had members that were former Marines, Army, National Guard, and LEOs. Some had combat experience as far back as Vietnam. The 63rd Btn has two former Guardsmen, one combat engineer and one infantry, one Marine and one SAR (search and rescue) expert.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    My Dad always said that the Army (he fought in the South Pacific WW II) had to make the islands safe enough for the Marines to come ashore with the reporters. May have been to tick my Uncle off who was in the Marines, also in the South Pacific.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    This one never gets old.

picture.php

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The ISM requests civilian support in whatever way they wish to contribute. To take from civilians by force is a decision I cannot make until I am in such a situation. If it means death by starvation or raid someone’s food pantry I would try to compensate the affected family in some way with money, labor or security. You want the civilian population on your side. As militiamen we have no formal support except the people.

Like you if I stepped out onto my porch and saw thugs looting and burning I would also take the opportunity for a little target practice.

"The primary purpose of the ISM is to defend our families and local communities against forces that threaten our inalienable rights"

Quote taken from your website. Isn't one of the inalienable right Life? So you are willing to take food from a family because you are well armed? I worry more about people like you running around thinking they are the "law" but what they really become is a law onto themselves. As to your legal standing ... The Governor is the Commander-in-Chief of all forces in Indiana. Has the Indiana CIC ordered you to an alert posture? Has the CIC called on the sedentary militia? Has he even mentioned the sedentary militia?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw this, until Singlesix's post.

Theft is theft. You cannot justify it by "forced compensation".

The answer should be an easy one. NO. No thievery.

If you haven't set aside your own food, or have the ability and knowledge to forage for it, what good are you? Masquerading around and stealing from people makes you part of the problem. Not the solution.

Anyone ever wondering why people have such a dim view of "the militia". There you have it. No main stream media needed.

Just in case you didn't realize it, you are ALSO a citizen.

Sedentary... is that a joke? This has got to be some sort of prank.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    To take from civilians by force is a decision I cannot make until I am in such a situation. If it means death by starvation or raid someone’s food pantry I would try to compensate the affected family in some way with money, labor or security.

You'd be in deep **** if you tried that trick around here. I can guarantee you that if you and your Militia buddies think you're starving and try to raid my family's food pantry, you'll end up dying of acute lead poisoning.

Last edited:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    To take from civilians by force is a decision I cannot make until I am in such a situation. If it means death by starvation or raid someone’s food pantry I would try to compensate the affected family in some way with money, labor or security.

brave words in a forum like this.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville

If your "team" were to come to my house and try to take ONE freaking potato chip by force, I can tell you that you would not only leave hungry but minus a couple "team" members.

Top Bottom