• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    My wife, being from California brought this up and I didn't know how to answer her.

In California, if you don't have a liquor license, you can "bring your own" wine and/or spirits to your favorite resturant (if they allow it) and they will serve it to you for a nominal "uncorking fee" with wine glasses and an ice bucket.

Would this be legal or do the licenses here specify you can't "serve" versus "sell" alcohol without a license?

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    At a minimum the server "serving" it to you would need a liquor license, which if employed at a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol, they probably wouldn't have.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How's the state going to make any money off of that? I'm sure if it were allowed, those paying hundreds of thousands of dollars at auction for liquor licenses would be throwing a fit to the state. It's all extortion from the state.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    In Indiana you cannot "bring your own" alcohol to any public establishments... Legally it must be served by a "licensed" person in an establishment that holds a liquor license. Hope this helps.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    In Indiana you cannot "bring your own" alcohol to any public establishments... Legally it must be served by a "licensed" person in an establishment that holds a liquor license. Hope this helps.

Yes that is true. If the restaurant does not hold a liquor license they cannot serve alcohol period. But from what I can tell if the establishment has a current license and the server holds a current server license then the law is mute on bringing your own. :dunno:

I could be wrong.

I have a friend that is a bartender. Ill ask her next time I see her for more info.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes that is true. If the restaurant does not hold a liquor license they cannot serve alcohol period. But from what I can tell if the establishment has a current license and the server holds a current server license then the law is mute on bringing your own. :dunno:

I could be wrong.

I have a friend that is a bartender. Ill ask her next time I see her for more info.

I used to work at a place that had a lisence and they said no outside drinks because they could loose their liscence... Personally I think it was because they did not want to loose the money from a $5 glass of beer. It was a hotel.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    there are a few cafe's and restaurants in Indy that have arrangements with liquor stores, you can purchase a bottle of wine or liquor and NOT take possession of it, then you go to cafe' and eat and they will bring & pour your bottle.. if it is not consumed in one sitting they will store it for you..
    there is a pour fee & storage fees if you have them store it..
    but you can not just bring in a bottle from somewhere and have them pour it..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom