• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    While on my recent trip to the Northwest, my Indiana license tag got a lot of attention. I have an "In God We Trust" plate. I got all positive feedback. Some couldn't believe that any state would allow a tag with a reference to God to be issued. One lady took a photo of it. A couple from Arizona really liked it. They asked if I had heard about Obama's plan to stem the flow of illegal aliens. They said that it was to make things so bad here in America, that no one would ever want to come to this country again:D

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'd all but forgotten about which license tag I had. The interested folks were amused when I told them about the ACLU challenge. There are still a lot of down to earth folks in this country. I hope you get your In God We Trust license tag the next go around.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    if they had offered the In God We Trust before I got the Hoosier Veteran I would sport it. I had to do something to get that ugly green one off my car.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have that tag on both vehicles and my wife and I try to remember that in order to represent God in our actions. I hope Indiana never gives up that particular tag.

As it pertains to the President, as long as I trust in God, I really don't care who is in the White house, because He (God) is in control anyway.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I appreciate the fact that Indiana allows people to display support for whatever cause they want to in the form of a license plate. What is complete and utter bull**** though is that I have to pay an extra fee for Environmental, IU, or FOP plates and the IGWT plates have no fee. Not sure if anyone has asked for a support atheism or freethinker plates but I'm sure they would be shot down like a kamikaze plane.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    There was a big story a while back about a lady with personalized plates for years that said something like "Love God" or "Thnk GOD" or something like that. When she went to renew them the State said " NO, you cannot have religious plates" She was in disbelief. There was a picture of her holding several old plates that she was issued and the new, at that time, In plate said "In God We Trust" but she couldn't renew hers. The Gubment at it's finest!

7orelevn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have had the IGWT plates since it came out a few years ago. I have gotten some comments all good about it while in other states. However, the last time I was in the BMV I asked about the Lincoln Boyhood Home plate Indiana has, and the lady at BMV said I could get that but they would charge a fee to transfer to another plate. I just think the Lincoln plate is also a neat looking plate.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    That requires 500 guaranteed buyers for them to even consider making a run of plates. Girl Scouts got them one year, but they were discontinued the next because there wasn't enough interest.
    Let me add to this....

Because I thought this was an incredibly cool idea, I looked up the actual requirements to get a specialty organization plate. We'd have a LOT of work to do to get approved for one, and even then, I doubt it would happen. /sigh

https://myweb.in.gov/BMV/mybmvportal/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=zn0uEn9WPpE=&tabid=149

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I appreciate the fact that Indiana allows people to display support for whatever cause they want to in the form of a license plate. What is complete and utter bull**** though is that I have to pay an extra fee for Environmental, IU, or FOP plates and the IGWT plates have no fee. Not sure if anyone has asked for a support atheism or freethinker plates but I'm sure they would be shot down like a kamikaze plane.

Quiet a few kamikaze's got through;)

I agree that it is not right that you have to pay for the other plates but at least some of the funds go to that org. With the "In God we trust" plates who or what church would they give the money to? Same with the atheism ones???

Last I heard they were getting rid of the plates with the small first two letter because they said it is hard for officers to read them unless they are pretty much rining their bumper..... I have pretty good vision and it is hard for me to read them from a distance......

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Quiet a few kamikaze's got through;)

I agree that it is not right that you have to pay for the other plates but at least some of the funds go to that org. With the "In God we trust" plates who or what church would they give the money to? Same with the atheism ones???

Last I heard they were getting rid of the plates with the small first two letter because they said it is hard for officers to read them unless they are pretty much rining their bumper..... I have pretty good vision and it is hard for me to read them from a distance......

It always amazed me that the license plates in the U.S. weren't the size of the ones in Europe. When folks commit crimes and use a vehicle, I'll be the average witness almost never gets a license number because the letters and numbers are so small in all states.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I avoided the IGWT plate like the plague. To me, and many others, it is a clear indicator of a horrible driver. I applied for my first vanity plate for 2011, and it is the regular blue plate with the seal on it.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I avoided the IGWT plate like the plague. To me, and many others, it is a clear indicator of a horrible driver. I applied for my first vanity plate for 2011, and it is the regular blue plate with the seal on it.

People with vanity plates are VAIN and only think about themselves and are totaly inept drivers . Look out for them!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    People with vanity plates are VAIN and only think about themselves and are totaly inept drivers . Look out for them!

When it comes down to it, I am the only one that matters. Without me, there would be no me. Vanity plates show the IGWT plates their balls, and say "tickle tickle?"

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    When it comes down to it, I am the only one that matters. Without me, there would be no me. Vanity plates show the IGWT plates their balls, and say "tickle tickle?"

frankraisinghandcopyip8-1.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom