• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Hey that's nothing. I heard we are in Top 5 for # of meth labs. Now there is something to be proud of.

Hurray for having to have a store employee assist me in purchasing batteries and then getting looked at like I'm evil scum because I want long lasting lithium batteries in my TV remote!

But seriously, Wal-Mart has lithium batteries behind a locked case. I thought this was odd and later found it they keep them locked because meth heads steal them as an ingredient? No idea. But explains the weird vibe I was getting from the store employee.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My complaints about Indiana:

1) No constitutional carry.
    2) Felony to even step foot on school ground with gun (gun free schools are the worst thing since the founding of the democratic party)

That is all that comes to mind at the moment. Overall I'm glad I live in Indiana. Could be better, but we have it pretty good. Does suck that our two of our neighbors are some of the worst in the country.

On #1 there, I will have to admit that since the advent of the lifetime LTCH and my possessing one that, for me, it is not that much of a priority. I suspect for many that also have a LLTCH, they probably have similar priorities. That's not to say I wouldn't support adopting CC because I would but I think reducing the numbers of prohibited places where we can carry is more of a priority to me...to your #2. I hope Kirk is in the know on this. This would be a larger priority to me.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    On #1 there, I will have to admit that since the advent of the lifetime LTCH and my possessing one that, for me, it is not that much of a priority. I suspect for many that also have a LLTCH, they probably have similar priorities. That's not to say I wouldn't support adopting CC because I would but I think reducing the numbers of prohibited places where we can carry is more of a priority to me...to your #2. I hope Kirk is in the know on this. This would be a larger priority to me.

I agree. It's a good thing that rolling school zone law isn't in effect anymore

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013

Here is why you should still be concerned about that: In Indiana it illegal to carry a handgun right now. Period. There are exemptions though and the LTCH is one of them. Until you prove the fact that you are exempted though you are considered by law enforcement to be breaking the law. The (stupid) way this is written you are actually guilty until proven innocent with a LTCH exemption. This also allows LEOs to stop you for nothing more than carrying a handgun and pull out the nazi "lets see your papers" line. If we had constitutional carry all this would go away.

So, even though I have a LTCH, I still do not fully enjoy my right. Also, no one should have to get a permission slip to exercise a constitutional right. All of us should stand up against that.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Nice! Not bad, not bad at all. Better than Texas!

I'm from Tx. I thought we had it right. I'm glad I moved and IN is the place. Texans can learn a lot from this state. Its no wonder a lot of folks that fought at the Alamo were from IN. You folks go it going on, glad to call this state home.

Zig'sbird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My complaints about Indiana:

2) Felony to even step foot on school ground with gun.

I hate this also. At Ball State in the mid 90s there seemed to be a local Muncie gang who had an initiation of killing someone associated with the university. I lived off campus in a house and behind our house was an alley. One night a student was murdered behind my neighbor's house in the alley execution style. Needless to say I carried to my night class everyday know that if caught I could spend time in jail. However, I would rather face that compared to being dead :D

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I hate this also. At Ball State in the mid 90s there seemed to be a local Muncie gang who had an initiation of killing someone associated with the university. I lived off campus in a house and behind our house was an alley. One night a student was murdered behind my neighbor's house in the alley execution style. Needless to say I carried to my night class everyday know that if caught I could spend time in jail. However, I would rather face that compared to being dead :D

I do not think college's are legal no gun zones. Not sure if they were in the 90's or not. Almost all of them are likely to expel you though if caught.

Top Bottom