• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I just love it when.............Yep I'll say it MORONS want to give up MY RIGHTS. If you want to give up your rights that OK just do it. But if you want to require that I give up mine YOU are a MORON!

Please let let me know who you are and when I get to choose which one of YOUR rights I get to compromise for YOU? Lets see search and seizure might be a fun one to modify for you or maybe speedy trial, oh oh oh how about that pesky right to counsel?

What? Don't you think that would be a FAIR COMPROMISE!

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I am not in favor of this law and have contacted my reps. Criminals and the insane do not and will not go to training. What about those illegal people who don't have an id of any kind but still drive??? How will we know if they carry or not???! This law only restricts LAW ABIDING CITIZENS like many, or should I say all other gun laws. I think a good gun law would be to drop all fees for a permit or better yet, make Indiana a constitutional carry state. No infringements there.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Return letter from Joe Donnelly:

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about Second Amendment rights. Like you, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have consistently voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. However, like responsible gun owners, I believe it is only reasonable for us to consider ways to reduce gun violence and protect public safety.

Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern has never been with those who follow the law, but with those who do not. For this reason, I have opposed proposals to ban assault weapons and continued my longtime support for national recognition of Indiana licenses to carry.

We, however, also know that too many individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses are getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system and, in the process, endangering the lives of others and the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In fact, history has shown that Congress often begins reexamining gun laws after someone who should not have a gun in the first place uses that weapon to commit a crime.

As we seek answers to the problem of gun violence, I hope we can also have a serious conversation about mental health, particularly the needs of many of the men and women who serve our nation in the military, as well as veterans. It is my strong belief that we can better identify risk factors that often lead to violent behavior and even suicide.

As Congress continues to debate proposals to responsibly improve our gun laws while also protecting the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

My response to him:

OK now just please explain just EXACTLY how you plan on getting (per your quote) "individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses" to FOLLOW THE LAW?

Just a quick answer will do!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about Second Amendment rights. Like you, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have consistently voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. However, like responsible gun owners, I believe it is only reasonable for us to consider ways to reduce gun violence and protect public safety.

Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern has never been with those who follow the law, but with those who do not. For this reason, I have opposed proposals to ban assault weapons and continued my longtime support for national recognition of Indiana licenses to carry.

We, however, also know that too many individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses are getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system and, in the process, endangering the lives of others and the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In fact, history has shown that Congress often begins reexamining gun laws after someone who should not have a gun in the first place uses that weapon to commit a crime.

As we seek answers to the problem of gun violence, I hope we can also have a serious conversation about mental health, particularly the needs of many of the men and women who serve our nation in the military, as well as veterans. It is my strong belief that we can better identify risk factors that often lead to violent behavior and even suicide.

As Congress continues to debate proposals to responsibly improve our gun laws while also protecting the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

My response to him:

OK now just please explain just EXACTLY how you plan on getting (per your quote) "individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses" to FOLLOW THE LAW?

This is the Joe Donnelly Form Letter response to inquiries that have a gun-related keyword. My dad got a near-carbon-copy of this letter in response to previous issues (yes, multiple) that he wrote to Donnelly's office about.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

My response to him:

At least this is confirmation that this fine gent lays in wait to stab us in the back. A good reminder not to be forgotten.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    At least this is confirmation that this fine gent lays in wait to stab us in the back. A good reminder not to be forgotten.

I was not yet an Indiana resident when this fool was elected. I would say that I can't believe anyone would expect anything different from him - but then, I still can't believe that Indiana elected him.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system"

I wish Joe would explain that quote...

I've asked. He won't. Just sent me another form letter.
    He won't explain it because it's the anti's/Dems talking point for a "common sense":rolleyes: way to eliminate private sales.

I was not yet an Indiana resident when this fool was elected. I would say that I can't believe anyone would expect anything different from him - but then, I still can't believe that Indiana elected him.
    His opponent had the election by multiple points until the last minute. Our guy let himself get pigeon-holed by an unfriendly reporter and made a true to belief yet poorly worded statement about abortion. Cloaked as "war on women" it went viral and a lot of our folks went PC and ran from him, bad mouthing along the way. The Libertarians were happy to join in the hate talk wave and essentially Donnelly won by the same vote percentage as their numbers.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    His opponent had the election by multiple points until the last minute. Our guy let himself get pigeon-holed by an unfriendly reporter and made a true to belief yet unflatteringly worded statement about abortion. Cloaked as "war on women" it went viral and a lot of our folks went PC and ran from him, bad mouthing along the way. The Libertarians were happy to join in the hate talk wave and essentially Donnelly won by the same vote percentage as their numbers.

Sure, the idiotic "War on Women" tactic got used on Mourdock, and the GOP establishment left him hung out to dry for having the audacity to primary Squishy Dick Lugar.

But that doesn't explain why the voters voted the way they did. I expect better of Hoosiers. Are people, in general, completely unable to think for themselves any more?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Are people, in general, completely unable to think for themselves any more?
    By and large, yes.

Survival of the fittest is what tended to keep the intelligent alive while the stupid/ignorant perished.

It's simply become far too easy for us to survive as humans and, as such, the stupid/ignorant thrive. There are more of 'them' than there are of 'us' by a long shot and guess what - their vote counts too.

Sad but true.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    By and large, yes.

Survival of the fittest is what tended to keep the intelligent alive while the stupid/ignorant perished.

It's simply become far too easy for us to survive as humans and, as such, the stupid/ignorant thrive. There are more of 'them' than there are of 'us' by a long shot and guess what - their vote counts too.

Sad but true.

Reminds me a bit of the movie Idiocracy...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sure, the idiotic "War on Women" tactic got used on Mourdock, and the GOP establishment left him hung out to dry for having the audacity to primary Squishy Dick Lugar.

But that doesn't explain why the voters voted the way they did. I expect better of Hoosiers. Are people, in general, completely unable to think for themselves any more?

Mourdock cowered under the pressure of the news media and his supporters going PC. A better batch of advisers should have put a foot up his tail and pushed him to scream his position to every microphone he could grab. Woulda, shoulda, coulda...

It was Mourdock's game to lose and he done just that, BUT WE LET HIM.
    Yes you are right though, we still ended up stuck with Donnelly. Happy now about that PC ya'll?

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    Reminds me a bit of the movie Idiocracy...

pc_2d133fd1167cb8402f332d8492d26244.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Here's some help to get involved if you want to. It's easy with links to the bills.

TIME TO ACT!
    Call your reps and committee chairs NOW!

800-382-9842

Find reps and senators: https://iga.in.gov/

To kill the bill for the driver license stamp showing LTCH: Author, Gutwein, Road and Transportation chair, Soliday and your rep.
    To encourage bills for campus carry, Constitutional carry and the anti "Moms Need Some Action" bill: Author Lucas, public Policy Committee Chair, Dermody and your rep.

Sample email to your rep.
    I would appreciate your efforts to kill HB1029 regarding driver license branding for licensed handgun carriers. It's a solution in search of a problem. Rep. Gutwein says it's for officer safety and as I explained to his LA and your LA that the information is available to law enforcement when they run your plates. The database already provides that info to the officer.
    Meanwhile, this awful law would let every person that sees my driver license know a very private and vital piece of information about me that they have zero business knowing. Bank tellers, retail clerks (have to show ID with a credit card), hotel desk clerks; the list is endless, will see that I am a licensed handgun carrier.
    What will a police officer from a less free state like New Jersey do if I'm pulled over there? Cuff me and search my car? It's just a misguided bill and it needs to go away. I voiced my concerns with your LA, Gutwein's and Soliday's offices, too.
    Next, I would appreciate your support of HB's 1143, 1244 and 1144. 1144 needs to be amended to include a provision for reciprocity with other states, however. That is absolutely critical and I understand Rep. Lucas has such language drafted.
    Thanks in advance and I wish you a happy new year and a productive legislative session.

Respectfully,

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    LTCH should not be tied to the driver's license database at all. Including through police dispatch, how do we get that undone?

Here's some help to get involved if you want to. It's easy with links to the bills.

TIME TO ACT!
    Call your reps and committee chairs NOW!

800-382-9842

Find reps and senators: https://iga.in.gov/

To kill the bill for the driver license stamp showing LTCH: Author, Gutwein, Road and Transportation chair, Soliday and your rep.
    To encourage bills for campus carry, Constitutional carry and the anti "Moms Need Some Action" bill: Author Lucas, public Policy Committee Chair, Dermody and your rep.

Sample email to your rep.
    I would appreciate your efforts to kill HB1029 regarding driver license branding for licensed handgun carriers. It's a solution in search of a problem. Rep. Gutwein says it's for officer safety and as I explained to his LA and your LA that the information is available to law enforcement when they run your plates. The database already provides that info to the officer.
    Meanwhile, this awful law would let every person that sees my driver license know a very private and vital piece of information about me that they have zero business knowing. Bank tellers, retail clerks (have to show ID with a credit card), hotel desk clerks; the list is endless, will see that I am a licensed handgun carrier.
    What will a police officer from a less free state like New Jersey do if I'm pulled over there? Cuff me and search my car? It's just a misguided bill and it needs to go away. I voiced my concerns with your LA, Gutwein's and Soliday's offices, too.
    Next, I would appreciate your support of HB's 1143, 1244 and 1144. 1144 needs to be amended to include a provision for reciprocity with other states, however. That is absolutely critical and I understand Rep. Lucas has such language drafted.
    Thanks in advance and I wish you a happy new year and a productive legislative session.

Respectfully,

Mayfield and Stoops contacted. Thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom