Indiana Constitutional Carry - HB1022 (2018)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You can bet your ass I’ll be contacting NRA too. No way in hell I’m gonna let these self-proclaimed 2A supporters hide behind their “A” ratings anymore. It’s time for hundreds if not thousands of us to let NRA know how they shafted us four years running.

It’s time to mobilize and use every legal weapon within our means to flush the Statehouse toilet when it comes to these politicians.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Don't for get we've got SB 237 out there lurking and nearly the same as what the "new 1424" is...

237 is the new 1424 ... sounds like a show ... ;)

but seriously

NEXT WEEK IS IT. all bills have to be referred to the other chamber by:
    Monday, February 5, 2018 Last day for 3rd reading of House bills in House (House Rule 147.2 & 2.1).
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 Last day for 3rd reading of Senate bills in Senate (Senate Rule 79(a), subject to Senate Rule 88(b)).

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Then we'll need some Joint lingo with the Unified Combatant Command and the Joint Components. The discussion on whether we are Joint, Coalition, or Combined Forces should take us into the summer. We'll have Land, Air, Sea, and Special Ops Components. DIRSPACEFOR, DIRMOBFOR, serious flashbacks here! In CAOC Compound at Al Udeid the DCFACC lived across the street from the DFAC. Good times!

Good point, we will definitely need a DFAC.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Bacon at every meal? This is INGO after all.

Of course. But we are gonna have to bend the rules a bit and make sure everyone wears pants to the statehouse.

I know we're having some fun here, but I do think you're onto something. We need to organize the ground game to give Guy and Lucas better backing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I understand correctly, Jim Lucas has recently stated he has 2 primary opponents this year. Not knowing who they are or who is supporting them, it's within the realm of possibility, one of our best friends at the state house might not be there much longer.

I fear this is going to come down to either "we primary Bosma" or "we dump a metric crapton of cash on him and other legislators, like Long."

In short, we get the best government we can pay for.

Folks, it is not supposed to work like that, but the longer we go on, the more this is how it seems to me it is.

Ideally, I want Jim Lucas as Speaker of the House. For a variety of reasons, I don't think that option is viable in the foreseeable future.

On another point, wasn't Wesco the guy that primaried a good, solid 2A voice in the House an election or two ago? IIRC, the guy I'm remembering was bought and paid for by a couple of big law firms in Indy, and apparently, the guy he replaced "wouldn't play ball" with them.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Here are my thoughts for what they are worth. We need to stop pretending that supporting Second Amendment rights are more important to Republican politicians than playing ball with law-enforcement lobbying organizations. If we want Constitutional carry to pass, it has to be done so in the framework of doing something to help get them on our side or at least get some voices on our side within LE.

In my opinion, there is an easy way to do this, specifically by tightening up the restrictions on Felon possessing and carrying handguns within the context of a constitutional carry bill. It isn't commonly known, but there are quite a few ways that felons can carry and process handguns under Indiana law, despite it being a federal crime. They can even drive around with them under certain circumstances and there is not a thing that can be done under state law enforcement.

If we can frame this debate within the context of fixing Indiana's gun law as regards serious criminals, I think that we could diminish or even eliminate much of the LE opposition. 1424 actually did fix much of this, although I don't know that the authors or most of the folks opposed to it even noticed.

Additionally, if we can frame it in this fashion, I think we could get a decent number of law-enforcement officers to at least be open to the idea of speaking out on our behalf as well as get quite a bit more support from the general public. It will be vastly easier to eliminate the absurd A misdemeanor handgun in possession of law if it is framed in the greater context of making it more difficult for serious criminals to be able to carry handguns, especially since it is already a crime under (seldom enforced) federal law.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Of course. But we are gonna have to bend the rules a bit and make sure everyone wears pants to the statehouse.

I know we're having some fun here, but I do think you're onto something. We need to organize the ground game to give Guy and Lucas better backing.

Ground game, public affairs, information operations, building coalitions with other groups (Overpasses for America maybe?), primary elections in May, general elections in November, 2019 legislative session, NRA Annual Meeting of Members in Indianapolis 26-28 April 2019.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Here are my thoughts for what they are worth. We need to stop pretending that supporting Second Amendment rights is a more important to Republican politicians than playing ball with law-enforcement lobbying organizations. If we want Constitutional carry to pass, it has to be done so in the framework of doing something to help get them on our side or at least get some voices on our side within LE.

In my opinion, there is an easy way to do this, specifically by tightening up the restrictions on Felon possessing and carrying handguns within the context of a constitutional carry bill. It isn't commonly known, but there are quite a few ways that felons can carry and process handguns under Indiana law, despite it being a federal crime. They can even drive around with them under certain circumstances and there is not a thing that can be done under state law enforcement.

If we can frame this debate within the context of fixing Indiana's gun law as regards serious criminals, I think that we could diminish or even eliminate much of the LE opposition. 1424 actually did fix much of this, although I don't know that the authors or most of the folks opposed to it even noticed.

Additionally, if we can frame it in this fashion, I think we could get a decent number of law-enforcement officers to at least be open to the idea of speaking out on our behalf as well as get quite a bit more support from the general public. It will be vastly easier to eliminate the absurd A misdemeanor handgun in possession of law if it is framed in the greater context of making it more difficult for serious criminals to be able to carry handguns, especially since it is already a crime under (seldom enforced) federal law.

I agree. By the way - you should check out the testimony from Prosecutor Curry on SB 237 - shortly after 1424 was over. He specifically talked (or did double talked) around the Misdemeanor A thing and how the LTCH was vital to a case that just ended. (after your talk, and all the testimony we've heard I want to say ... bzzzzt ... but i'm not sure and don't know any specifics other than what was stated in the hearing.)

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Ground game, public affairs, information operations, building coalitions with other groups (Overpasses for America maybe?), primary elections in May, general elections in November, 2019 legislative session, NRA Annual Meeting of Members in Indianapolis 26-28 April 2019.

IMAGC did a number of rally's, got petiitions done, and met w/ legislators (several) in its first few years; then the progress slowed and life intervened; family changes, VA issues, job issues - and now ... well ... we'll help.
    the staff is just a little spread thin right now. ... could use help. There are a few others from when we started still around. (and remember everyone on staff when it started was also from here).

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IMAGC did a number of rally's, got petiitions done, and met w/ legislators (several) in its first few years; then the progress slowed and life intervened; family changes, VA issues, job issues - and now ... well ... we'll help.
    the staff is just a little spread thin right now. ... could use help. There are a few others from when we started still around. (and remember everyone on staff when it started was also from here).
    And this is how we build coalitions. Schwarzkopf had to keep the Saudis from cluster-bombing non-combatants, plus some Podunk country that was part of the combined forces sent 35 civil engineers to Desert Storm. The catch was they had to report directly to Schwarzkopf. The INGO/IMAGC/Overpasses for America coalition should be much easier than keeping Desert Storm together.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    And this is how we build coalitions. Schwarzkopf had to keep the Saudis from cluster-bombing non-combatants, plus some Podunk country that was part of the combined forces sent 35 civil engineers to Desert Storm. The catch was they had to report directly to Schwarzkopf. The INGO/IMAGC/Overpasses for America coalition should be much easier than keeping Desert Storm together.

INDEED :rockwoot::yesway: :ingo: :cheers: :patriot:

(now hoosier carry on the other hand .... :ugh::stickpoke:)

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    INDEED :rockwoot::yesway: :ingo: :cheers: :patriot:

(now hoosier carry on the other hand .... :ugh::stickpoke:)
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII was thinking the same thing about HC. I was also thinking we need to reach out through Guy to the Hiding Hilda lady. We ain't bringing HC into the coalition, don't nobody need that ****.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just would like to see a fundraising effort to hire an attorney and sue the state of Indiana for infringing on our constitutionally protected right to carry a firearm.
    That's what it's gonna take folks.
    If Brian BOSMA wanted constitutional carry today, all he would have to do is snap his fingers and his little party minions would line up and vote yes. Make no mistake that the Indiana Republican caucus is infringing on your constitutional right to defend yourself. The democrats would strip you of it entirely if they had the chance so electing them is even worse.
    What is needed is a good house cleaning like we did with electing President Trump. Believe me, the REPUBLICAN party didn't want anything to do with Trump but now look at all the liars and backstabbing pansys lining up to get a photo with him to post and show their constituents that they are somehow onboard or part of his victory. All fake. All smoke in mirrors. All back door and under the table deals. That's all politics is. The vote tally is already decided in an office in the capitol(s) before it even hits the floor and MOST of your elected officials just do what they are told to do by some tyrant like BOSMA who does not have your best interest in mind, he's worrying about his own legacy and which room in the state house they are gonna name after him.
    Constitutional carry isn't gonna happen the legislative way and the other reason is because MOST Indiana gun owners are a bunch of lazy or scared pieces of crap that just pass their civic duty off to someone else. The same pieces of **** who try to dodge jury duty which is a ****ing honor!!! We send our men and women to die on foreign battlefields and your pansy ass won't even do your civic duty in the safety of a damn courthouse?! shame!! Shame on not only the worthless "public servants" who only serve themselves, but shame on the citizen who doesn't even take a vested Interest in his own freedom which was secured to him through a ****ing blood sacrifice.
    I'm gonna hope that everyone at least posting in this thread at least wrote or signed a FREE letter offered at the 1500 because other people paid money out of their own pockets for the envelopes and paper and ink and stamps and their time to mail them after getting signatures. Or maybe you just did it on your own or both ways which is awesome.
    But to those who sat on their asses or just talked a big game and just lurked to check in on how everyone else's hard work was paying off for you But they did not make any phone call or write any emails or a real letter, I say **** You! You deserve to be tarred and feathered and sent to Canada. You are not fit to claim the title of an American Citizen.
    Elected officials who betray their oaths were afforded similar treatments throughout the history of our great republic. In today's society they only have to fear a harsh letter or maybe a phone call, and in worst case not being re-elected. They should face JAIL. But it would take a lot honest politicians to vote for penalties such as that for betraying their constitutional oaths. So, don't hold your breath.

Stand up. Either sue the state, or get off your asses and contact your representatives.
    I wonder how many ingo members walked by the ingo booth at the last 1500 because they had to keep
    Themselves mysterious and couldn't even sign their damn name on a free letter? Losers
    Probably the same bunch who allowed the assault weapons ban to pass or the offspring of those lazy asses.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just would like to see a fundraising effort to hire an attorney and sue the state of Indiana for infringing on our constitutionally protected right to carry a firearm.
    That's what it's gonna take folks.
    If Brian BOSMA wanted constitutional carry today, all he would have to do is snap his fingers and his little party minions would line up and vote yes. Make no mistake that the Indiana Republican caucus is infringing on your constitutional right to defend yourself. The democrats would strip you of it entirely if they had the chance so electing them is even worse.
    What is needed is a good house cleaning like we did with electing President Trump. Believe me, the REPUBLICAN party didn't want anything to do with Trump but now look at all the liars and backstabbing pansys lining up to get a photo with him to post and show their constituents that they are somehow onboard or part of his victory. All fake. All smoke in mirrors. All back door and under the table deals. That's all politics is. The vote tally is already decided in an office in the capitol(s) before it even hits the floor and MOST of your elected officials just do what they are told to do by some tyrant like BOSMA who does not have your best interest in mind, he's worrying about his own legacy and which room in the state house they are gonna name after him.
    Constitutional carry isn't gonna happen the legislative way and the other reason is because MOST Indiana gun owners are a bunch of lazy or scared pieces of crap that just pass their civic duty off to someone else. The same pieces of **** who try to dodge jury duty which is a ****ing honor!!! We send our men and women to die on foreign battlefields and your pansy ass won't even do your civic duty in the safety of a damn courthouse?! shame!! Shame on not only the worthless "public servants" who only serve themselves, but shame on the citizen who doesn't even take a vested Interest in his own freedom which was secured to him through a ****ing blood sacrifice.
    I'm gonna hope that everyone at least posting in this thread at least wrote or signed a FREE letter offered at the 1500 because other people paid money out of their own pockets for the envelopes and paper and ink and stamps and their time to mail them after getting signatures. Or maybe you just did it on your own or both ways which is awesome.
    But to those who sat on their asses or just talked a big game and just lurked to check in on how everyone else's hard work was paying off for you But they did not make any phone call or write any emails or a real letter, I say **** You! You deserve to be tarred and feathered and sent to Canada. You are not fit to claim the title of an American Citizen.
    Elected officials who betray their oaths were afforded similar treatments throughout the history of our great republic. In today's society they only have to fear a harsh letter or maybe a phone call, and in worst case not being re-elected. They should face JAIL. But it would take a lot honest politicians to vote for penalties such as that for betraying their constitutional oaths. So, don't hold your breath.

Stand up. Either sue the state, or get off your asses and contact your representatives.
    I wonder how many ingo members walked by the ingo booth at the last 1500 because they had to keep
    Themselves mysterious and couldn't even sign their damn name on a free letter? Losers
    Probably the same bunch who allowed the assault weapons ban to pass or the offspring of those lazy asses.

Somebody please rep TT.

Top Bottom