Avon

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not only 'yes' but a 'yes' from several days ago and already received a political, non-answer-answer.

Snip:

No, Bosma. It didn't "fail[] to make it out of committee." YOU SPIKED IT in committee.

Snip:

This legislation has been introduced in the two previous sessions. What "thought, research, and deliberation" have YOU undertaken, Bosma?

(Yes, as others have stated, this canned response will inform my efforts when contacting the Speaker.)

As brotherbill said, I'm going to use this to reword my letter. I think I'm going to take a more aggressive approach. It's my understanding Bosma spiked it because they knew it would likely pass and then Pence would be put on the spot to sign a controversial bill during an election year. Also, I'm not convinced that Bosma even supports it, anyway. Time to challenge him. Does he support constitutional carry or not.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My letter to Mr. Kulik, Bosma's LA, asked specifically about why it didn't make it out of committee, and mentioned the rumor that he had, in fact, so directed. We'll see what answer I get.

Also, Chip, at this writing, both that and HB 1061 are "this page doesn't exist" when I click your link.

Snip:

No, Bosma. It didn't "fail[] to make it out of committee." YOU SPIKED IT in committee.

Snip:

This legislation has been introduced in the two previous sessions. What "thought, research, and deliberation" have YOU undertaken, Bosma?

(Yes, as others have stated, this canned response will inform my efforts when contacting the Speaker.)

So fresh off of the presses, it isn't even on the General Assembly website yet:

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2017/bills/house/1159

(Any links/sources I can use to the actual, enrolled bill, that I can use to point to people to help educate them, I would appreciate.)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Suggestion:

This weekend, over beers, brunch, prayer circle, Bible study/temple/mosque/etc., the range, euchre, bunko, etc. bring postcards addressed to Speaker Bosma. Pass them out to buddies and everyone write Speaker Bosma about their support of HB1159.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've sent several letters and email him once a week. Anymore than that might be a little overboard. Also have gotten several friends to do the same. Not sure what else i can do other than what i have. Other than Bosma, should i be writting others?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've sent several letters and email him once a week. Anymore than that might be a little overboard. Also have gotten several friends to do the same. Not sure what else i can do other than what i have. Other than Bosma, should i be writting others?

I can't find it at this second but the committee chair and your legislator...contact them all.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Yes other than Bosma -
    1) Write Ben Smaltz (H52) - He chairs the Public Policy committee where these will be heard first; also committee members and your own representative.
    B) Keep sharing and encouraging others to contact these (Bosma and Smaltz) legislators with support
    III) Keep discussiing and providing factual information to everyone who would, could and /or should support this - beyond the walls of INGO and your LGS.

Finally - somewhere/somehow - we should try to have a day (at hearing which will be really short notice) or just "in chamber session" - and show up
    IN THE GALLERY (meaning no guns) with signs, shirts and perhaps hats, in support of these and the other 2A/A-1,S-32 measures.

at least - that IMO what else.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    So if Indiana goes ConstCarry, what happens to Hoosier rights in another state?

The only reservation I have about Constitutional Carry is that so may other states have THEIR laws set up around who is licensed to do what in Indiana. It is possible that ConstCarry could cause us to LOSE some rights in other states?

That's my only worry.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The only reservation I have about Constitutional Carry is that so may other states have THEIR laws set up around who is licensed to do what in Indiana. It is possible that ConstCarry could cause us to LOSE some rights in other states?

That's my only worry.

You'll still have your LTCH. Why would anything change? If a state honors that now, won't they continue to honor after CC is passed?

Those that choose not to get a LTCH will be out of luck in those states that currently reciprocate but us with licencses should see no change---as I understand things.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just launched two more e-mails, letters to follow. Hopefully this will get their attention, it's too cold for OC down on Washington Street.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Call. Phone calls always move the needle more than letters and emal. Encourage friends to call. When you speak to a staffer tell them you want to see the bill debated in committee. Bosma's office says the Constktution Carry should be viewed and debated with careful consideration. That means public debate. Let's discuss the merits of this in the open. Let us look to other states with Constitutional Carry laws.

Call your local rep and Senator. Tell them you want to see this brought to committee.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Suggestion:

This weekend, over beers, brunch, prayer circle, Bible study/temple/mosque/etc., the range, euchre, bunko, etc. bring postcards addressed to Speaker Bosma. Pass them out to buddies and everyone write Speaker Bosma about their support of HB1159.

Post cards, with postage already on the card, are only 38 cents each at the post office! I will pick up a bunch this weekend.
    I have written my rep, my senator, Lucas (to say thanks and keep going), Smaltz, and Bosma.
    I think I will write the members of the committee (Public Policy) over the weekend!

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

That's my only worry.

Nothing would change. The proposed legislation retains the LTCH for reciprocity purposes.

(If even INGO members won't even read/understand the bill, we have a tough row to hoe...)

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Nothing would change. The proposed legislation retains the LTCH for reciprocity purposes.

(If even INGO members won't even read/understand the bill, we have a tough row to hoe...)

How are we to read/understand the bill when it hasn't been posted yet?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Call. Phone calls always move the needle more than letters and emal. Encourage friends to call. When you speak to a staffer tell them you want to see the bill debated in committee. Bosma's office says the Constktution Carry should be viewed and debated with careful consideration. That means public debate. Let's discuss the merits of this in the open. Let us look to other states with Constitutional Carry laws.

Call your local rep and Senator. Tell them you want to see this brought to committee.

I've heard that email<phone call<actual letter. The reason being is it takes more effort to make a phone call, and more than that to mail an actual letter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How are we to read/understand the bill when it hasn't been posted yet?

Eh, I think we're mostly going by what last year's bill said. It's my understanding that it's essentially the same thing. It didn't fail last year because of what was in it. It failed because some ***** ass Republicans were gun shy--literally--because of the election. Apparently Desperate Moms Demand Some Action--ANY Action, makes some Republicans wee wee down their suit pants.

Top Bottom