• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I have some bats taking up residence in my chimney chase.
    It appears the chase cover needs resecured to prevent them from entering.
    Unfortunately, that fix doesn't solve the issue since we would be trapping them in and they are a protected species.
    Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for a legitimate company I can reach out to ?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I had found Indiana brown bats in my attic in the 1990's. I had a week long trip to the boundary waters in a week.

I set a boom box with ozzy ozbornes diary of a madman on full blast with auto rewind on side one of the cassette. The neighbors and the bats did not like it constantly at full volume but the bats left and I sealed up the entrance .

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    That would be my choice.

You also might want to wait a few months and see if the bats in your chimney chase are the one's that migrate south. I used to have a couple bats in the attic of my old house, and they left each fall and came back in the spring.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Animal Care and Control is who to call.
    They will capture and relocate appropriately.

Had the son of a friend of my wife's die from rabies. I think I've mentioned it here before. Not to be trifled with. By the time you know you have rabies, you're done.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I had found Indiana brown bats in my attic in the 1990's. I had a week long trip to the boundary waters in a week.

I set a boom box with ozzy ozbornes diary of a madman on full blast with auto rewind on side one of the cassette. The neighbors and the bats did not like it constantly at full volume but the bats left and I sealed up the entrance .
    :rockwoot:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Had the son of a friend of my wife's die from rabies. I think I've mentioned it here before. Not to be trifled with. By the time you know you have rabies, you're done.
    Not making light, but I think raccoons are much worse than bats. Raccoon droppings are pretty nasty (hazardous).

Reactions: Leo

Eric66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2024
    West Lafayette
    Animal Care and Control is who to call.
    They will capture and relocate appropriately.

That probably depends on what county you are in. Animal Control in Tippecanoe county is a joke.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    That probably depends on what county you are in. Animal Control in Tippecanoe county is a joke.
    We had 3 bats who made a home in the space between our original and storm windows.
    Animal Control (Marion County) were out within two hours. They were serious and professional.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Don't know if it's just me, but I have seen few to none bats in the wild thos season.

Anybody else notice a decline?

Top Bottom