Indiana Among The States With Lowest Barriers To Work Without Licenses…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I don’t think the licensing is the issue, but rather the qualifications of those saying yah or nay. A med student with the lowest passing grade is still a licensed physician. A law student that has the lowest passing bar score is still a lawyer. Those that set the low level limit should be required to use those that have been licensed by the minimum requirements.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don’t think the licensing is the issue,
    Licensing is a big issue. In some states they cannot braid long hair for pay without a license. In states where licensed dental hygienist's can clean teeth without a dentist overseeing them the cost is a $60 compared to Indiana where the cost is $200.

but rather the qualifications of those saying yah or nay. A med student with the lowest passing grade is still a licensed physician. A law student that has the lowest passing bar score is still a lawyer. Those that set the low level limit should be required to use those that have been licensed by the minimum requirements.
    So there would be no standard? The standard would be higher? About 25% of those that take the bar exam fail the test. That is out of those that graduated law school already. A med student graduates to doctor but then must continue education as a resident doctor (apprentice) for 3-5 years taking boards testing along the way. They are throughly vetted…

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    It's cool you can work without paying the state for the privilege, but at least make some barrier so foreign invaders can't. Without the incentive, the tidal wave will stop.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Licensing is a big issue. In some states they cannot braid long hair for pay without a license. In states where licensed dental hygienist's can clean teeth without a dentist overseeing them the cost is a $60 compared to Indiana where the cost is $200.

So there would be no standard? The standard would be higher? About 25% of those that take the bar exam fail the test. That is out of those that graduated law school already. A med student graduates to doctor but then must continue education as a resident doctor (apprentice) for 3-5 years taking boards testing along the way. They are throughly vetted…
    So you are saying a doctor or lawyer that just meets the minimum test results is no less qualified than one that got the highest test results? Interesting.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you are saying a doctor or lawyer that just meets the minimum test results is no less qualified than one that got the highest test results? Interesting.
    You have been listening to the jokes way too long, they are like any other profession. The best do high level work and the others tell you to put ice on it and know when to send you to others that is how the specialities work. Some do high level corporate law for millions while other do wills and land contracts in the country for a little. But you act like it is all one thing. It is not. But I am done with your hijack.

The thread is about states that limit what business you can do without a license.

inshooter97

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2022
    Central IN
    This is all well and good until your landlord cheaps out and hires crackheads to do the plumbing. A flooded apartment is not a fun time. Lol

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why shouldn't people have the right to work? Don't the smart people who do all the research and know everything have nothing to worry about? Surely they can sift through the possibilities and come out on top.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Years ago I was working with a company to solve a glue/release problem and was mixing some material when some regulators from IDEM came into the room on a factory inspection. One guy peeled off from the group and asked what we were doing. I gave a brief explanation which the guy interrupted saying only a certified chemist could do this. I asked what that was as this was not a pharmacy. Taken back, the inspector rejoined the group without saying a word.

It's been my experience that those who least understand something are the government regulators.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Exactly. There are way too many professions that need to have licenses.

Interior designers? Wow! That had to be some serious crony capitalism.

Indiana has 120 different licenses. I can't imagine 120 jobs that should require licenses to be performed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Exactly. There are way too many professions that need to have licenses.

Interior designers? Wow! That had to be some serious crony capitalism.

Indiana has 120 different licenses. I can't imagine 120 jobs that should require licenses to be performed.
    Unfortunately the number will only continue to climb as people believe the government should do everything for them and therefore invite more government intrusion.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I mean I like that there is a barrier of entry to insurance. But taking useless CE every 2 years is a waste of time and money.

Has nothing to do with selling insurance.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mean I like that there is a barrier of entry to insurance. But taking useless CE every 2 years is a waste of time and money.

Has nothing to do with selling insurance.
    That CE is a PIA for those not serious, not to be confused with productive, as is most CE. It encourages part timers and near retirement to get out and not hang on…

Top Bottom