• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    I know they changed management during the time I spoke of, don't know if the owner is the same or not anymore. I got tired of their BS and have no plans to ever go back. Now it looks like they're trying to use scare tactics for profit. Classy.

I joined Antwerp Conservation Club in Ohio several years ago. It's $50 for an annual family membership. 3 pistol bays, 300 yards on the rifle side. Sun up to sun down, except when there's an event or the clubhouse is rented (posted on the calendar ahead of time). No RSO breathing down your neck or treating you like a 5 year old. No cease fire because of a train coming. You can carry your gun on your person loaded in a holster (like a big boy). And the range isn't an entire flooded mudhole everywhere.
    One of my nephews just built a home close enough to Antwerp C C that you can hear it. Been there with him once. Will be back for sure.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I use Longshot for 9mm, 38 special, 10mm, 44mag, 45acp, and 45colt. It's a very versatile powder for handguns.

I hardly ever shoot Russian steel case ammunition. Is it really bought and shot that much other than Russian calibers?
    I've played with it and shot it when someone gave it to me mostly.
    I'm guessing the 7.62x39 is shot far more than other Russian calibers since it is ran thru the AK47 30 rounds at a time. Current imported steel case, Berdan primed, non-reloadable ammo is running 36 cents per round. Only those who shoot bolt guns will reload for it.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm guessing the 7.62x39 is shot far more than other Russian calibers since it is ran thru the AK47 30 rounds at a time. Current imported steel case, Berdan primed, non-reloadable ammo is running 36 cents per round. Only those who shoot bolt guns will reload for it.
    I buy brass cased boxer primed 7.62x39 to reload. I use it in my AR-15. I also have a very nice Yugoslavian SKS but rarely shot it. I'm just watching the prices soar on them. I do have some Russian 7.62x39 but I have a lot more brass cased 7.62x39.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    2. Primer shortage? Both Olin and ATK have increased production AND a third source of domestic production will open soon in Texas.

I would not count that third chicken just yet, as there appears to be questions on if there is enough financing at this point for it to fully hatch. Best of luck to them.

Blackjack43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Ditto on the fear mongering. It's been years now since factories closed. I think it'll be back to normal soon

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I buy brass cased boxer primed 7.62x39 to reload. I use it in my AR-15. I also have a very nice Yugoslavian SKS but rarely shot it. I'm just watching the prices soar on them. I do have some Russian 7.62x39 but I have a lot more brass cased 7.62x39.
    I stand corrected.
    I should've said "judging by the amount of steel cases on the ground at our club, very few reload for this".

Edit: Upon rereading, my reply may sound a bit snarky. It is not intended that way. H7br

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Sounds like the same old excuses, in a long line of excuses, for keeping the prices high and gun owners screwing over other gun owners.

If Russia invaded over there, and the crap started to really hit the fan, we will have more demanding things to worry about, than just the price/availability of ammo. (especially with Biden and Crew running the show right now)

Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    I just bought 1000 rounds of 9mm on ammo seek this past week. New brass, bulk. I bought in 500 increments. $288. Lowest I've seen in almost two years. I came here from VA. Last year it was $500 for 1K. In April of 2020 I got 1K for $189. I doubt we'll ever see it that low ever again.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    Sounds like the same old excuses, in a long line of excuses, for keeping the prices high and gun owners screwing over other gun owners.

If Russia invaded over there, and the crap started to really hit the fan, we will have more demanding things to worry about, than just the price/availability of ammo. (especially with Biden and Crew running the show right now)
    Agree 100%. If people don't have their stash of ammo sorted out by now, I hope at least they have their stash of toilet paper sorted out. :popcorn:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agree 100%. If people don't have their stash of ammo sorted out by now, I hope at least they have their stash of toilet paper sorted out. :popcorn:
    iu

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Not sure the reason for the thread bump, but I'll go ahead and admit I was wrong. Never did I imagine Putin would actually invade Ukraine.

I suppose the accuracy of my post was about as 'off' as the plans for invasion itself.

:)

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Ace Hardware in town seems to have a full supply again. Prices are awful. Seeing 22lr for under .08/round on ammo seek.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Seems around here prices for 9mm are hovering around $17.00 a box of 50 Went into one store today and they were stacking it like wine at walmart.

Yet there has been no reduction on pricing. Just curious as to guesses how long it will have to sit there before it’s priced reasonably?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Seems around here prices for 9mm are hovering around $17.00 a box of 50 Went into one store today and they were stacking it like wine at walmart.

Yet there has been no reduction on pricing. Just curious as to guesses how long it will have to sit there before it’s priced reasonably?
    Probably until late summer.... Just speculation on my part. I buy in bulk on-line, and even that I have not done for several Months.
    I have been shooting less and just stacking what ammo I do have. I think a lot of us have just gotten tired of chasing it down.

Top Bottom