• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    it's a horrible analogy but one could compare this to sex. you will always remember the excitement, nervousness and rush of your first time...maybe even your second or third. I bet you dont remember your 20th, 100th etc... I would wager that if someone got into LE solely for the adrenline moments then they would be sorely disappointed.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.....sex is WAY more fun than catching criminals and actually gets more fun with time. Catching criminals gets LESS fun with time ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would also thank our resident officers. I think it says a lot about your character, the amount of abuse you take and still do your jobs with great professionalism. I could never do it. I would smack somebody in the head on my first day.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    totally unfair to say that's why most to all cops got into the job.
    there are times when things get exciting, sure but I hardly believe that this is the motivation for most to all.
    it has been my experience that the excitement/adrenaline dump moments fade the more an officer is faced with the same type of incident. I remember the first time I responded to a person shot. I was in FTO and I felt the dump, got tunnel vision and ran healong through a red light trying to get there. my FTO was clinging onto the car for dear life and schooled me on things afterwards. after responding to a couple dozen more, it feels different, more common and less "exciting". it's a horrible analogy but one could compare this to sex. you will always remember the excitement, nervousness and rush of your first time...maybe even your second or third. I bet you dont remember your 20th, 100th etc... I would wager that if someone got into LE solely for the adrenline moments then they would be sorely disappointed.

I have taken a few of those FTO type new guy behind the wheel trips. Don't care much for it myself. It is hard to hold a guy back when he first hits the streets but they sure can be comical.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So you know the exact reason I became a police officer?
    The sugar "rush" from a Long's donut?

longjohns.jpg

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Hell Frank, everyone knows that you became a Cop so that you could beat people senseless and get away with it. ;)
    :laugh:
    That's one of the reasons I disqualified myself from police work: 'cause I reckoned they wouldn't let me get away with it. :joke:

Thanks for your sense of humor. :)

Also, thanks for many in that field who have shared knowledge and perspective we would never have known.

Top Bottom