IN DL renewal timing -- will I get a ticket or beaten?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So, being an idiot, I just remembered my DL expires today. I renewed online just now but know it will take up to 10 days for the physical copy to arrive. I've printed out the receipt from the website and plan on carrying it in my car as a sign of good faith that I'm not on the lam for any reason in the event I get pulled over.

Anyone been pulled over in similar circumstances? I'm assuming if the website shows me as "up to date" as far as the renewal and fees go that the in-car police computers will, too?

Or should I wear extra layers to deaden the blows of any beatings I may receive for operating without a license?

Just kidding, I threw that in for the Libertarians... :laugh:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    You, are supposed to be GtG, with the reciept .....

but it may depend on where you live .....

Keep us posted .....

Thanks, assumed (in theory) it should be like the LTCH where it was the process that was the key. Print out will be kept with registration.

Happily police are always nice to me since I usually have multiple kids in the car and 'cause I'm not a dick unless I'm on INGO. :ingo:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you really wanted to make the Libertarians happy, you should have gone on a rant about the injustice of the government requiring a license to begin with.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It all depends...

ShUx0nkOTlo0QNF8rCzoBaMw5SDDyf22FD1lv0PgCy8yF04EPfvXZaJcpraHAwJQeEDUUIXcAt1KfM0IFCR827Vw4CgFKmMHhzQAdzcTPZI0n7O375TnDZjEjMi2zMZ9qpHm_hYp

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I renewed at the local license branch. The gave me a temporary printout(good for 30 days) with the new picture they took and still had to wait the 10 days for it to be mailed to me.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Printout is fine. I see a few of them from time to time. If records comes back as expired, there might be a few additional questions.

The best way to ensure a completely hassle-free traffic stop is don't get pulled over. :):

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If you really wanted to make the Libertarians happy, you should have gone on a rant about the injustice of the government requiring a license to begin with.

Good point, sadly I am on a tight schedule today!

It all depends...

ShUx0nkOTlo0QNF8rCzoBaMw5SDDyf22FD1lv0PgCy8yF04EPfvXZaJcpraHAwJQeEDUUIXcAt1KfM0IFCR827Vw4CgFKmMHhzQAdzcTPZI0n7O375TnDZjEjMi2zMZ9qpHm_hYp

I'm OK! :laugh:

Printout is fine. I see a few of them from time to time. If records comes back as expired, there might be a few additional questions.

The best way to ensure a completely hassle-free traffic stop is don't get pulled over. :):

Agreed 100%!!! I will be driving the speed limit and stopping completely until I get the new one.

Thanks, guys!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Don't try to buy a gun with the paper from the license branch; it doesn't have your whole SS# on it. If you printed it from home, I'd presume you still have the expired one, though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would'nt drive for the next 10 days. Why chance it? (Calm down everyone. Ofcourse I'm kidding)

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Don't try to buy a gun with the paper from the license branch; it doesn't have your whole SS# on it. If you printed it from home, I'd presume you still have the expired one, though.

I disagree with that. When I moved back here 3 years ago I bought 2 guns from two different stores and both accepted my temp paper just like a drivers license.

nj4020

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Agreed 100%!!! I will be driving the speed limit and stopping completely until I get the new one.

LOL, I didn't realize that a proper license allows a person to break the law.

Top Bottom