• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Saw a group today over the south side of 465 with a Gadsden flag, and a sign that said "IMPEACH OBAMA, HONK!"

.... I'll admit, I gave 'em a little toot.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Saw a group today over the south side of 465 with a Gadsden flag, and a sign that said "IMPEACH OBAMA, HONK!"

.... I'll admit, I gave 'em a little toot.
    I was there for a short time with Tbhausen and cbhausen. Just met them today, great couple guys!
    It's cool to see how many people honk and wave. A great show of patriotism!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We're at it again, 56th St. overpass on the west side of Indy, this Saturday (Feb. 20) from 1-3 PM. Should be a really nice day 62 degrees and breezy. There will probably be a nice crowd up there.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Bump... It's going to be 65° tomorrow--in late February! Please come stand with us for our Constitution and those who cherish and want to protect it! Don't miss this chance to meet and network with some of the finest, like-minded American Patriots you could ever hope to meet.

Parking is available just east of the overpass in the strip mall on the south side of 56th St. where Boathouse Grill (NOT Boatyard) is located. Bring your flags, signs, etc. and let's make up for lost time. Patriotism is in the air!

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Well, that was a big one... fun as hell. Well, except for the part where the Mercedes stopped on the bridge and the African-American dude with the gold teeth who sounded like Mush-Mouth from Fat Albert told us all "**** all you people and your ****ing flags! **** you!" A real class act, that one was.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    RIP, Patriot:
    FB_IMG_1456006183980.jpg

Good question (an even better question in Nevada, though)...
    FB_IMG_1456006158386.jpg

Patriot lives DO matter:
    FB_IMG_1456006178424.jpg

This was the theme today:
    FB_IMG_1456006169526.jpg

Last edited:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    You are welcome to your opinion, but its not helpful in the cause of outreach and furthering our goal of expanding 2a/carry rights. Plain and simple.

Its no longer 1886 where almost everyone owns a long gun. Get over it and get with the program. Its the 21st century where most people are clueless.

And I am sure they would have happily bid you farewell.

It all depends on your goal. If its to "wield your power as a sovereign, free man able do do whatever the hell he wants within his constitutional limits and f*** everyone who disagrees", you are correct. Go be an IN YOUR FACE extremist, elsewhere because its not helping the cause of expanded gun rights. WE dont fear long guns, however the "gun muggles" do. Its all about the message. You dont "win friends and influence people" by waving your d*** in their face like the WBC folks. You are polite, respectful and (reasonably) non-threatening or else you shut down communication and kill our message that guns arent bad. In today's day and age, long guns whether at the low ready on Joe Sixpack or even a cop are seen as an offensive weapon, and just plain scary.

Once again, I'll invoke the WBC crowd. If you showed the average [STRIKE]idiot[/STRIKE] american citizen photos and video of the nasty things the WBC does at its protests and ask "Do you think free speech should cover this?" a great deal would likely recoil at their vitriol and rhetoric and say "no", even though its covered by the 1A. Get enough of those together and next thing you know we have restrictions on the 1A too.

Long guns do nothing to help further the cause of more gun rights. (at least in states that allow OCing of handguns as an alternative) Leave the long guns at home and make your OC'd handgun the poster child for gun rights. If done properly, the long gun in the background will get the rights it deserves even without being brought into the discussion.

ETA: Your deeply held views are great. And I agree with them that we all have supreme power to possess and regulate our own arms as individuals. However you shouldnt always expose every last iota of our "extreme" views front and center because those that dont agree might get spooked and shut down. Play your cards close to the vest. Only expose what you need to win their favor. Overplaying your hand often backfires.

How do I subscribe to your blog?

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Well, except for the part where the Mercedes stopped on the bridge and the African-American dude with the gold teeth who sounded like Mush-Mouth from Fat Albert told us all "**** all you people and your ****ing flags! **** you!" A real class act, that one was.

Yeah, but you have to give him props for exercising his free speech.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It looks like it would've been a great day to be on an overpass. I was in New Albany for two of our nieces' birthday party, so I was not near 56th Street. Did anybody get Mush Mouth on video?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I saw you today as I drove Northbound with my wife.

As we approached my wife saw the group and asked me what was going on.

I told her I didn't know...that it looked like some kind of rally, then I asked her what message she thought they were trying to convey.

"Not a friendly one. It looks like a protest, like against Black Lives Matters or something. it looked like a bunch of white guys with signs and flags. I couldn't really make them out"

Of course I knew exactly who was atop that overpass, and I was really struggling to keep my composure at this point...and I asked "And who do you think would organize a rally like that?"

Without missing a beat, she turned to me and got a very serious look on her face. "I don't know, do you think Trump might be in town? Or maybe the Klan?"

Boy, we laughed and laughed when I explained that you guys were just normal INGOers.

Top Bottom