• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Here's hoping that all of it means nothing but a fair assessment of the incident.

If the chief asked for their involvement it does smell of buck passing, or elevating an obvious outcome to lend it credence.

Either way, fleeing from LEOs at 'o' dark thirty is at the very least a bad decision day.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm under the impression that the FBI was brought in at our Chief's request. If that is the case, that is not a good sign. I would assume he knows more about this than we do.

Scenario 1: FBI clears them, politicos get to say an independent investigation showed, we stand behind, blah blah blah
    Scenario 2: FBI says it's a bad shoot, politicos get to say an independent investigation showed, we still stand behind the majority but..., blah blah blah

I don't see how the politicos come out badly either way among the masses. I don't know it says anything about the actual shooting one way or the other.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Scenario 1: FBI clears them, politicos get to say an independent investigation showed, we stand behind, blah blah blah
    Scenario 2: FBI says it's a bad shoot, politicos get to say an independent investigation showed, we still stand behind the majority but..., blah blah blah

I don't see how the politicos come out badly either way among the masses. I don't know it says anything about the actual shooting one way or the other.

I'm typically an optimist about all things in life. However, I have a bad feeling about this, a very bad feeling.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm typically an optimist about all things in life. However, I have a bad feeling about this, a very bad feeling.

Bad feeling that it was a bad shoot or bad feeling that someone is about to get thrown under the bus for the sake of politics?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bad feeling that it was a bad shoot or bad feeling that someone is about to get thrown under the bus for the sake of politics?

The latter.
    Well, we have two different officers shooting so whether it's a good shoot or not, EACH officer is judged independent of the other. Each officer MUST articulate their own facts that justify pulling of the trigger even if they have the same target. I have a bad feeling that facts might not be there to support both. I guess we will find out if I am right. On a side note that has NO bearing of a validity of the shooting, STOP SWARMING CARS AFTER PURSUITS!!!! I absolutely HATE this. We are not taught it yet it seems that everyone does it...and it's dangerous. We teach high risk traffic stops at the termination of pursuits. We cannot seem to kill the "IPD Swarm".

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well, we have two different officers shooting so whether it's a good shoot or not, EACH officer is judged independent of the other. Each officer MUST articulate their own facts that justify pulling of the trigger even if they have the same target. I have a bad feeling that facts might not be there to support both. I guess we will find out if I am right. On a side note that has NO bearing of a validity of the shooting, STOP SWARMING CARS AFTER PURSUITS!!!! I absolutely HATE this. We are not taught it yet it seems that everyone does it...and it's dangerous. We teach high risk traffic stops at the termination of pursuits. We cannot seem to kill the "IPD Swarm".

I guess we'll see how it turns out. IPD Swarm? Like there has never been an MCSD Swarm?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I guess we'll see how it turns out. IPD Swarm? Like there has never been an MCSD Swarm?
    That's former IPD guys naming it...it's not mine. It just angers me to no end that people still do this. We NEVER train it, we train the exact opposite in fact. However, once on the street, the low brain kicks in and we feel the urge to run up to the car.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This FBI stuff, I don't like what I'm seeing. A career criminal ends up at room temperature and the politicians go full CYA and "invite" in the feds since they have a "good working relationship". Bull****.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Back in the day did MCSD have enough people to really call it a swarm? To hear the old guys tell it back up was hard to come by. Some describe it as if it was like working for ISP...all alone so don't screw up. But from things I saw back in the day IPD was the best at handing out a whoop knot on the head, often with a mag light....used in a blocking manner of course. Lol. But, I have always said some people just need a good azz whopin

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This FBI stuff, I don't like what I'm seeing. A career criminal ends up at room temperature and the politicians go full CYA and "invite" in the feds since they have a "good working relationship". Bull****.
    Remember, The mayor was formerly the top Fed in the Southern District of Indiana. Unlike in the state system, the US Attorney's Office does exert a great deal of direct control over the FBI and other fed investigative agencies. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he would be quick to have the feds look into it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Remember, The mayor was formerly the top Fed in the Southern District of Indiana. Unlike in the state system, the US Attorney's Office does exert a great deal of direct control over the FBI and other fed investigative agencies. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he would be quick to have the feds look into it.

It stinks, I don't like it, reeks of bull****. When you say it doesn't surprise you, is it because Hogsett is first and foremost a politician opposed to a leader? A leader would stand up and say the police department of the 14th largest city in the United States is fully capable of conducting an investigation. Go pound sand, Hoover.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It stinks, I don't like it, reeks of bull****. When you say it doesn't surprise you, is it because Hogsett is first and foremost a politician opposed to a leader? A leader would stand up and say the police department of the 14th largest city in the United States is fully capable of conducting an investigation. Go pound sand, Hoover.
    I didn't say I liked it, I said it was unsurprising. That said, I do think that as a general rule it is better for an agency not to handle the investigation of its own members. In my estimation, even the appearance of a conflict of interest is to be avoided.

That is in no way a shot at it IMPD's internal investigations, it is just an observation as to appearances.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Back in the day did MCSD have enough people to really call it a swarm? To hear the old guys tell it back up was hard to come by. Some describe it as if it was like working for ISP...all alone so don't screw up. But from things I saw back in the day IPD was the best at handing out a whoop knot on the head, often with a mag light....used in a blocking manner of course. Lol. But, I have always said some people just need a good azz whopin
    I had a retired ipd narcotics officer straight up tell,me about several instances of beating the **** out of peeps just for talking back. Glad things have changed but old times when that did happen ( he retired in the 90's probably) is exactly why some people are still not trusting of the police. He'll I have no bad history with cops and I'm not 100% oh happy days when I see a cop although I support what they do and I'm thankful for them. Some just shouldn't be in that line of work so there's a level of suspicion till you know what your dealing with

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You really expect Hogsh*t to have any principles?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Maybe we should just have an automated message sent over loudspeakers whenever a cruiser with its rollers flashing comes to a stop, something to the effect of "KEEP YOUR HANDS AT THE 10 AND 2 POSITION ON THE STEERING WHEEL! DOING OTHERWISE COULD PROVE HARMFUL TO YOUR HEALTH!"
    Not being sarcastic, only wishing that people's urge for self-preservation and common sense would prevent needless loss of life and LEOs from having their lives turned upside down.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I don't necessarily disagree with your observation, but there's a competing one: this is a new administration. While Hogsett may have a good working relationship with the local FBI office and cadre, the people at the top are different. I double checked, and the acting head of the Civil Rights enforcement group at the DOJ is a Hoosier who has been close to Pence and active in Republican circles.

That is also not an accusation or indictment, simply an observation.

Top Bottom