I'm thinking of clearing out the gun safes a bit, again. Anyone else do this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2020
    Morgan Co.
    I feel that. It’s one of those things that just comes with ownership I think. You’ll always have the few you never get rid of for sentimental value or what have you. I have usually keep the same process of only trade so you have the same “amount” of firearms but a nice enough rotation that you’re never at a loss.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I've been going through boxes and ammo cans and discovering things that I forgot I bought, and I realized just how overstocked on some stuff I really am. I'm sure you've been there. :cool:

I'm also starting to realize there's some stuff I bought and haven't seen in a while, and I have no idea where they are. Not guns, obviously, but little stuff. A sight pusher (not the first time I've misplaced that), an AK sling, and an optic. That optic is REALLY p'ing me off right now. It's not expensive, I just like the look of it and was planning on using it for a specialty AR build that I haven't got around to yet. I just don't know where in the f I put it. :abused:

You might have gotten the impression I'm some sort of hoarder, but I'm really not. I actually keep things really neat. All ammo is in cans with dessicant packs stacked neatly in my house for climate and moisture control, gun safes are well organized, and accesories are boxed and either shelved or placed in the attic, again stacked neatly. I guess I need to start labeling boxes with something more efficient than "gun stuff". Then maybe I could find stuff. :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well the wife and I might have an opportunity to downsize homes about 6 years earlier than planned. If that happens I might be shedding pounds.

I think the decision has been made. We are looking at a smaller home in town. The purge from our old home is beginning. I have already parted ways with a few firearms.

Now I am eyeballing my reloading bench. I doubt I would have room to take it with me.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I think the decision has been made. We are looking at a smaller home in town. The purge from our old home is beginning. I have already parted ways with a few firearms.

Now I am eyeballing my reloading bench. I doubt I would have room to take it with me.
    Good luck to you sir. It would be easy for me to downsize when I retire, which I would really like to do, but decreased wall space would result in some very hard decisions for my wife with regard to the artwork she has accumulated. I understand it, though, as she's got some fantastic stuff.

DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    My one-liner: No sell, only buy
    I do occasionally consider selling some dusty unused items, but I never end up doing it. I always feel like "What if I want it back"

I have duplicates of some firearms (P320 for instance)
    At the end of the day, I look at my firearms as a collection, in which case they don't all have to have a daily use, or even a semi-often niche to fill. Some stuff I just buy because I want it, or because of nostalgia

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I've long decided NOT to sell any of my guns, the ones I don't want now, they will be my sons'. Instead, I made a list of the guns I wanted and only buy them when I come across a deal. Sadly, I haven't bought any in over a year.

Top Bottom