• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For that kind of money, you can go with a new Bersa Thunder 9UC. It's a great gun and you would not regret it for a minute. The 9UC is reliable and accurate, it conceals well and is a good shooter. You could do the 9HC for the same money and bump from 13+1 to 17+1 and gain an inch in sight radius but it's a full size gun and will not conceal as well. When I carry a 9, I usually carry the 9UC along with the extra mag from a 9HC for the best of both worlds.

I would suggest the Bersa also. I have a High Capacity model with 17+1. It is a heck of a gun for the money, I Paid $305 "new" before tax at one of the 1500 shows. It handles well and is accurate.

The older model I have fits in Beretta 92 holsters and I also have a leather IWB for a 1911 that it fits in. I am not sure about the new ones.

The new ones have a rail which I don't care for but the do have a loaded indicator.

bersathunder9.jpg

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Gonna be real hard to find a G19 for $350 and if you do buy it.

Sigma triggers are really bad. With a bit of work they can get better. They are $299 with a $50 rebate so for $250 they are a good value.

Ruger P95 is a great buy as well.

The M and P 9mms can be found for $450-$500 with a $50 rebate so they are not too far from your budget.

I'm a Bersa fan too. They are one of the best value guns.

Ok so I probably didn't help you ;)

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have the Ruger P95 (It was around $300) and it is hands down my favorite gun. I like it so much that I have never-ever entertained a thought about selling it. It is a great gun for the car or bedroom but it is to heavy and big to use as a carry gun. I also have a Kahr CW9 (if you can find one for $350 jump at it) that I use for carry. It is a fantastic gun as well and I'd highly recommend it for daily carry.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Why do so many folks recommend the Sigma when it is already being replaced with the much improved SD series from S&W. The new SD9 and SD40 are Sigmas on steroids. The triggers are MUCH improved and the pegged front sight has been replaced by a dovetail mounted tritium night sight.

ZX Guns in Goshen had these for $365 a couple weeks ago.

Product: Model SD9 Pistol - Std Capacity

S&W SD9 9mm 4" 16RD TNS Black $384.00 SHIPS FREE

Get with the times people. :D

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I've got a Taurus PT 111 Pro I like a lot. It's light (to me) compact (to me) and I forget I'm carrying it. It shoot's great. Only ever jammed up on me when I put it back together incorrectly *cough*. Its easy to field strip and clean. I payed I think $300 for it.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Why do so many folks recommend the Sigma when it is already being replaced with the much improved SD series from S&W. The new SD9 and SD40 are Sigmas on steroids. The triggers are MUCH improved and the pegged front sight has been replaced by a dovetail mounted tritium night sight.

ZX Guns in Goshen had these for $365 a couple weeks ago.

Product: Model SD9 Pistol - Std Capacity

S&W SD9 9mm 4" 16RD TNS Black $384.00 SHIPS FREE

Get with the times people. :D

Good points. I haven't held or shot an SD9 yet but they are getting decent reviews and are in your price range.

OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    That's alot to think about, thanks guys. Right now I'm leaning toward the Ruger P95 and a used Glock 19 if I can find one.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's alot to think about, thanks guys. Right now I'm leaning toward the Ruger P95 and a used Glock 19 if I can find one.

Get the Glock bro, never ever be afraid to buy a used Glock. If you do and find anything wrong with the gun, just send it to Glock in Georgia and have it repaired and brought up to date at No Charge ( other than your UPS fee ).

TK

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Give Bob or Rex a call at Plainfield Shooting Supply 317-839-6095 and asked them for a used G19 or G17. Their great to deal with, and mention INGO when you call them.

It would make a nice one tank trip for you.

TK

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I'd say +1 to FN but they are above your price range.

I'll agree with whoever said the Ruger is awesome, but awfully heavy for carry.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'd say +1 to FN but they are above your price range.

I'll agree with whoever said the Ruger is awesome, but awfully heavy for carry.

It only weighs 27 ounces. That's not exactly a boat anchor! Not all that much more than the Glock. I find it a pleasant and comfortable gun to carry.

Top Bottom