• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ajwoz539

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2015
    plymouth
    I am new to this so bear with me. I am currently enrolled in ILEA, '14-204. Does anyone have any suggestions or any study guides to help me prepare for the criminal law test, which is coming up in just a couple weeks? I have a couple study guides, but they do not seem to touch on the points Braun wants. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Somebody ALWAYS has a good study guide. Ask around the other cadets. I'm not sure if Carmel has any guys in that class (I kinda think not), but any of the Hamilton County agencies should have one.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Charlie wasn't our Instructor But I reviewed my Notes, pertinent Constitutional Amendments and memorized all that I could. I also, utilized study groups and the ILEA Library as much as possible. Good Luck, Study Hard and you'll do fine.

ajwoz539

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2015
    plymouth
    I have a couple study guides, but just want to get all that I can. I am actually listening to Mr. Braun in class now as I type. With his attorney mentality, he is difficult to understand. I will study what I got, since I have about 5 study guides. But, If anyone thinks of anything, don't hesitate in letting me know.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    BTW - Welcome. I'm not a Hoosier, yet, but will be in the next month or so. Something about North Dakota winters makes me want to :runaway: , and makes IN weather look mah-velous. Alexandria, here we come.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Is anyone from northern IN

I'm from NWI and just finished the Academy up here at NILEA. As for criminal law.....It was really talked up by officers that had taken it before. My whole class agreed that it was nowhere near as hard as people said it would be. That's not to say it was easy, but if you study hard and pay attention you shouldn't have a problem. I mainly studied my notes and got together with a few guys for a "study group" the weekend before, but that quickly turned to a beer, pizza, and football group.:):

Also, our criminal law instructor was James Olszewski who is said to be the best instructor in the state. At one point ILEA sent someone up here to administer the final to test to make sure there wasn't cheating. Scores from up here are consistently higher than from ILEA from what we were told.

Let me know if you've got any questions I could help you with, but keep in mind I was only at ILEA for one week for EVO.

Tyler

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Braun should have a study session at the end of the week. Attend it and you'll be fine.

BTW, if your squad is doing EVO next week I'll be there as an instructor Monday-Thursday. Bring your Dramamine.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The problem isn't so much that it's 'hard' to understand, ya just have to learn 'legalese', which is sort of it's own language. JMO, but it helped me tremendously just reading various laws and court decisions as it helped in getting used to the (IMO, oft-times awkward) wording. That's lawyers for ya. :nuts:

I did all the case briefs myself, regardless of what was assigned to each member of the study group, or cooperative study groups. Then, I'd compare the case brief summaries passed out by the various members against my own summaries and conclusions. If there was a discrepancy, I tended to go with my own 'gut' feeling unless a valid justification could be shown why my conclusion was in error.

I attended 3 decades ago, so can't really refer to specifics of the curriculum. Other than, apparently everyone still loves the EVOC and, of course, shooting! Hopefully, they're still handing out a Top Gun trophy! :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom