If your wife was raped, would you make her have the baby?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I get the whole Eutopia... people should be responsible talk... but it isn't realistic. I also get the "God says so talk"...

However, statistics show there are 1.3 million abortions a year in the USA... Imagine the toll on our social programs that we all on here hate so much... Imagine the exponential growth of our population and its toll on our economy.

Remove abortion and eventually we turn into India... Personally I'd rather not.

You got statistics proving that those 1.3 million unborn victims would be on the government teat? Ever research the demographics of abortion clinic clients?

You guys are telling me you'd want to have a rape baby and most likely keep it? What a great way to traumatize someone: get raped, get pregnant as a result, carry a baby who is not your husband's for 9 months, and then care for it for years after.

I guess if I decide I want a wife, she wouldn't be in a situation or area where she could possibly be raped. In fact, my future wife would carry a firearm, be proficiently trained with it, and have very good situational awareness. INGO got way weird after the election. What the ****. I'm actually surprised there isn't a damn poll on this.

Not just the guys. The gals. And if that doesn't tell you something, you're more clueless than I thought.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You got statistics proving that those 1.3 million unborn victims would be on the government teat? Ever research the demographics of abortion clinic clients?
    Your comment makes me think YOU haven't seen the demographics of abortion clinics.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Because of definitions of words? I don't really understand what you mean.
    List any crime then fill in the blank...

I would never attempt to force my beliefs on _____ onto another person.

Every law has to do with discerning what is right and what is not right!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I THINK he is saying that if someone doesn't think rape, for example, is wrong, how can you make a law against it...

Some pretty sketchy logic.
    That is not what I am saying. I don't think anyone disagrees that rape is wrong. though some have twisted Richard Mourdock's word to try and show that he thinks it is A OK.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I would not make my wife keep it and she would not want to keep it. It's funny how I see all these people in this thread saying them and their wife would keep the baby. I see a lot of you in other threads talking about taking people out of the gene pool but fail to realize that people that do these types of behavior like raping and murder carry genes that have an affect on their behavior. And you guys want these genes passed on to others who would have a greater chance of growing up to show the same type of behavior as the rapist or murderer.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    One of the differences that I've taken note of is that most people want to change minds. I don't care if I change your mind on this issue. You don't want to get abortions? Great, you're a nice person and I'm glad there are people like you out there. You want to get an abortion? Okay...it's really none of my business, seeing as how this sounds like an extraordinary personal decision.

I would never attempt to force my beliefs onto another person. I will wholeheartedly disregard your beliefs if they are forced onto me and I disagree with them. This issue should be left for individuals to decide. If you are religious, you probably believe that even with the consent of the public, the person "murdering" and innocent life will have to answer for this as an individual.

I read your previous post as well and I believe i see where you are coming from. I believe you are well intentioned and have taken your stance on this issue from the side of compassion for rape victims, which is commendable. You are right, we all have to search our hearts and come up with what we feel is right and just on this issue.

Here is one thing to keep in mind though and I can't speak for other people, only myself. I can't change anyone's mind. To your point, everyone has a right to believe whatever they want and I respect that. However, by definition of what I believe, which is that life starts at conception, I have to believe that abortion should not be legal because despite how much compassion I have for the mother as a victim in a rape, and her rights, I must consider the rights of this newly God created life that is about to have ALL of their rights taken away in an instant, before they get a chance at life, because of the actions of another. This is unconstitutional and unethical so I would be a hypocrite if I said I believed that all people have unalienable rights, but I supported the right of someone to take away someone else's rights.

So I contend that my pro-life stance on abortion is not meant to deprive people of their rights, but to protect the rights of people.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    My wife plainly informed me that she would not, under any circumstances, give birth to the child of a monster - regardless of what ANYONE told her. Not that I would DREAM of trying to tell a victim of a rape what she should do with anything....

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    List any crime then fill in the blank...

I would never attempt to force my beliefs on _____ onto another person.

Every law has to do with discerning what is right and what is not right!

Oh, now I see what you're saying. When I said I wouldn't force my beliefs on anyone, that's all I meant. There are facts and there are my beliefs.

Fact: The universe exists.
    Belief: God created the universe.

While clearly the universe does exist, I won't force my belief that God created it onto someone else.

Fact: Rape is a terrible crime
    Belief: Rape victims shouldn't have to carry the baby of their attacker against their will.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Ok well I've made all the points I have to make in this thread so I'm out, I leave this, one of my favorite Reagan quotes, for everyone to consider.

“Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born.”
    ---- Ronald Reagan

Everyone deserves a chance at life.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Oh, now I see what you're saying. When I said I wouldn't force my beliefs on anyone, that's all I meant. There are facts and there are my beliefs.

While clearly the universe does exist, I won't force my belief that God created it onto someone else.

Belief: Rape victims shouldn't have to carry the baby of their attacker against their will.

I agree that rape is a terrible crime, but how did you establish it as fact?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

If killing the innocent on account of their inconvenient existence is permissible, then why should I not be allowed to kill the stupid MFSBs that make life miserable most every day, usually as a result of deliberate activities which are done willfully.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I agree that rape is a terrible crime, but how did you establish it as fact?

I didn't establish it as a fact. The things I establish are my beliefs.

If killing the innocent on account of their inconvenient existence is permissible, then why should I not be allowed to kill the stupid MFSBs that make life miserable most every day, usually as a result of deliberate activities which are done willfully.

Because there is a difference. You can separate yourself from those MFSBs that make you miserable without being forced to endure misery for nine months. Co workers driving you nuts? You're free to abort your position at that job and find a new one. Wife making you insane? You're free to abort that marriage and do as you please.

Have a baby forced inside of you as the result of a violent rape? I believe you should be free to relieve yourself of that anguish as well. Is it your position that the evolving life form inside the victim has equal rights as the victim, or more rights than the victim? If the victim deems herself unable to mentally cope with the rape, and the fact that she is carrying the rapist's offspring, but you come along and say "Too bad, that baby has rights too!" What you're really doing is extinguishing all of the victim's rights to live life as she saw fit prior to being forcefully impregnated by a rapist.

She was forcefully impregnated against her will. The life inside her has no right to exist, unless she decides it does. I hold the view that the victim's rights trumps the rights of the life forced inside her.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I didn't establish it as a fact. The things I establish are my beliefs.
    So you are not certain that rape is a terrible crime?
    Because there is a difference. You can separate yourself from those MFSBs that make you miserable without being forced to endure misery for nine months. Co workers driving you nuts? You're free to abort your position at that job and find a new one. Wife making you insane? You're free to abort that marriage and do as you please.

Have a baby forced inside of you as the result of a violent rape? I believe you should be free to relieve yourself of that anguish as well. Is it your position that the evolving life form inside the victim has equal rights as the victim, or more rights than the victim? If the victim deems herself unable to mentally cope with the rape, and the fact that she is carrying the rapist's offspring, but you come along and say "Too bad, that baby has rights too!" What you're really doing is extinguishing all of the victim's rights to live life as she saw fit prior to being forcefully impregnated by a rapist.

She was forcefully impregnated against her will. The life inside her has no right to exist, unless she decides it does. I hold the view that the victim's rights trumps the rights of the life forced inside her.
    Either it is a baby or it is not! The despicable actions of the babies father have nothing to do with whether this is true.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So you are not certain that rape is a terrible crime?
    Either it is a baby or it is not! The despicable actions of the babies father have nothing to do with whether this is true.

Very well said. A baby either is or is not a human being, and is not subject to change on the variable whim of any person at any given moment.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Very well said. A baby either is or is not a human being, and is not subject to change on the variable whim of any person at any given moment.
    I don't know that anyone says that once it's a baby it's not KILLING a baby. I think people just have different definitions of what constitutes a 'baby'.

Top Bottom