• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    RRA makes good quality guns, they just aren't mil-spec. If that doesn't matter to you then you won't regret a rock river.

Having said that, IMHO there are better quality rifles available for equal or lower cost. I'm a big fan of Spike's Tactical. Right on their main page they advertise a standard carbine build for $799, and it comes standard with all those mil-spec features that cost extra from RRA.

http://spikestactical.com

Full disclosure: My AR is a a Spikes middy upper with BAR rail on a RRA complete lower.

BTW - Spikes support is fantastic. They are very responsive to any question and the president of the company is a regular on AR15.com. There are discount coupons floating around those forums to get $50 off or 10% off an order from the Spikes website. If you can't find them just email Spikes and they'll tell you - that's what I did.

Last edited:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    For what it's worth: A very close shooting buddy here at work recently purchased a Rock River AR. Not sure of the model but it was the varmint model with the raised scope rail. He mounted one fo his favorite Lupold scopes, bore sighted and went off to the range with a bunch of hand-loads to see which would work best for his upcoming Wyoming trip. Bottom line: it shot one hole groups @ 100 yards with Varget and Nosler balistic tips. I've seen the targets. Worked flawlessly on the trip too. He's one satisfied customer. Wish I could afford one just like it.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    RRA makes good quality guns, they just aren't mil-spec. If that doesn't matter to you then you won't regret a rock river.

Having said that, IMHO there are better quality rifles available for equal or lower cost. I'm a big fan of Spike's Tactical. Right on their main page they advertise a standard carbine build for $799, and it comes standard with all those mil-spec features that cost extra from RRA.

http://spikestactical.com

Full disclosure: My AR is a a Spikes middy upper with BAR rail on a RRA complete lower.

BTW - Spikes support is fantastic. They are very responsive to any question and the president of the company is a regular on AR15.com. There are discount coupons floating around those forums to get $50 off or 10% off an order from the Spikes website. If you can't find them just email Spikes and they'll tell you - that's what I did.

W.A.S.P. Bargain Bin 16 inch M4, www.cmmginc.comCMMG Inc. - AR15 Rifles and Pistols, AR-15 Parts and Accessories, Dedicated .22LR AR 15 Rifles, 9mm AR15s

Disclosure on my part: My rifle is an RRA lower with their two stage trigger and a CMMG upper.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    :nuts:

Lets see; the DEA and the FBI went from using Colts to Rock River Carbines because RRA makes such junk. :nuts:

This M4 is made by Rock River arms. They beat out COLT and won the contract with the DEA.

Not only is RRA's DEA carbine not an M4, but Rock River didn't beat out anybody in the DEA contract. In fact, Colt and SigArms won a larger piece of the DEA contract than RRA did.

Here are the facts-something you won't find on any of RRA's press releases:

From FBO Daily: (FBO#0582 | 04-Jul-03 | AWD | 10--Weapons)

AWARDS - July 4, 2003

DEA-03-C-0030 - Estimated $115,142,537.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Sigarms, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, N. H. 03833

DEA-03-C-0032 - Estimated $85,923,935.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Rock River Arms, Inc., 1042 Cleveland Road, Colona, Il. 61241

DEA-03-C-0031 - Estimated $113,639,340.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Colt Defense LLC, PO Box 118, Hartford, Ct. 06141

From USDOJ: (http://www.usdoj.gov/jmd/pe/contractlist.htm)

DEA DEA-03-C-0030 Multi-Bureau Sigarms, Inc. 06/20/08 .223 Carbines

DEA DEA-03-C-0031 Multi-Bureau Colt Defense 06/20/08 .223 Carbines

DEA DEA-03-C-0032 Multi-Bureau Rock River Arms 06/20/08 .223 Carbines

CJan_NH
    SigArms
    Exeter, NH

:popcorn:

Top Bottom