If you voted for Romney, you just wasted your vote!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I blame those who voted for Obama too. More so than I do those who voted for Romney. The problem as I see it is that the producers of the country have become the minority and we are past a tipping point of recovery for the country. Not trying to sound too depressing but I think we're 100% screwed at this point. The point in all of this is to challenge the idea that anything other than a vote for the "R" establishment candidate was a vote for Obama.

You are right, we are screwed either way. It's a matter of how much time before our economy collapses. With Obama, it will decline that much quicker. Lets say GJ would have won the election, but the Democrats still held the Senate. They would do everything in their power to shut down any positive legislation. That's one reason there is more than one branch of the Government, checks and balances. The problem is, the system is broken beyond repair at this point. I don't blame the people who voted for GJ, even though I may not agree with their choice. I also don't blame those that voted for MR. I think some are so cought up in their own agenda, that they don't see the bigger picture. Which is, the Government is broken, and no matter if it was MR or GJ that won the election. The system would still be broken. Just a matter of how long will it sustain.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I just thought you Romney guys would like a taste of your own medicine since all the libertarians have been hearing that "wasting your vote" BS for the last year.

ROMNEY DIDN'T WIN, AND IF YOU VOTED FOR HIM YOU WASTED YOUR VOTE. Since voting for the winner of elections is so important to so many of you I just thought I'd point that out.

?

So your not a friend of reality and you are having flashbacks to school yard taunts?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    If you feel that voting for Romney was not the right choice. Then maybe your best bet was not to vote, in my opinion

2004 saw 62million vote for the republican candidate.
    2008 dropped to 60million
    2012 dropped to 58million...

Apparently a fair number of people are taking your advice.

cPmU1.jpg

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    .... If you feel that voting for Romney was not the right choice. Then maybe your best bet was not to vote, in my opinion.

If you feel he was the best choice and you voted for him great.

But, If you thought GJ would have been the better president, and you voted for someone else for some other reason, then you were manipulated by the system. In my opinion.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You are right, we are screwed either way. It's a matter of how much time before our economy collapses. With Obama, it will decline that much quicker. Lets say GJ would have won the election, but the Democrats still held the Senate. They would do everything in their power to shut down any positive legislation. That's one reason there is more than one branch of the Government, checks and balances. The problem is, the system is broken beyond repair at this point. I don't blame the people who voted for GJ, even though I may not agree with their choice. I also don't blame those that voted for MR. I think some are so cought up in their own agenda, that they don't see the bigger picture. Which is, the Government is broken, and no matter if it was MR or GJ that won the election. The system would still be broken. Just a matter of how long will it sustain.

I had a hunch that sooner or later we'd reach an agreeable point. I don't wish for a US bankruptcy, but it's gonna happen and Obama winning means that's going to be the "rip the bandade off" approach rather than a long drawn out painful event making it more painful than it had to be.

It's not a shock to me that the Dow Jones is down over 300 points, but I am a little surprised to see that the spot price on silver bullion is also down by $.20 per ounce. I figured the election results would have sent precious metals through the roof.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I never said that. I voted for the same system as well, I will not deny it. Voting for GJ made no difference for showing disapproval. You think anyone honestly cared that a very few people voted for him? That they where like, OMG, they don't like us. It's going to take a lot more votes than that to grasp some attention. No, I voted in an attempt to send Obama packing, and I don't regret it. I don't think any of the Candidates where the answer we need, especially not Obama, we have seen his record as President. It's going to take more than a President to turn our Country around. Instead of holding out for longer, now we will decline that much quicker. It will always be a two party system. Fact is, no third party Candidate has the backing to succeed. They will never grown enough support. I think this election is a perfect example of that. If you feel that voting for Romney was not the right choice. Then maybe your best bet was not to vote, in my opinion.
    If Mourdock has a brain cell in his head, he has to be asking what he could have done differently to EARN the votes that Horning got. Instead, he and his supporters will just say its Horning's fault.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    I wish that the libertarians would fight the democrats as hard as they fight conservatives. The only way that the LP will have a chance is if the democrats are destroyed.

strange i dont fight either must be someone else:dunno: i thought this whole election process was about whats good for the country as a whole not whats good for our party? Guess i just missheard washington about the whole warning against two party system :twocents:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Well said.
    It has almost been comical watching the right talk about balancing the budget,and the left spending even more.A balanced budget would cut almost 20% off of our GDP in an instant.Of every federal reserve note the government spends it borrows 40%.The left acts as if you can spend your way out of the mess.Neither will work.
    Think about that for a second.If you cut 40% of all the money the federal government spends,where do you think that would take the economy?It would crash,as would the dollar in an instant.
    The game they are playing now is kick the can.We will have a massive spike in inflation,but they may just buy a little while longer by devaluing our debt and keeping interest rates at 0(cheaper to borrow for the government though it kills savers).
    The game is already over.There is absolutely nothing anyone could do to fix it.There are over 600 TRILLION dollars in the derivatives markets.Banking accounts for a large portion of our GDP. Financialization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    When you do not make anything and import everything you lose wealth.It moves to the producers.The Petro dollar and our military have kept the system alive for a very long time.Now though,the fed has to outright printing(monetizing)the debt.That can not be maintained long as inflation will eventually cause unrest and a new monetary system.

The game is already over and it would matter very little who the president is.No one can fix this.
    The system that started with the FED in 1913 was destined to fail.You can never borrow money into existence,and pay it back with interest when the only money you have is what you borrowed.You have to borrow more to pay the interest.Inflation has actually helped by kicking the can ever further,with out inflation we would have already hit the interest limit payable.This has greatly benefited the very top members of our society,but has slowly killed the American dream.I seriously doubt we make it to the day where we can not meet the interest payments.That is what ZIRP and QE to infinity are for.Inflation and devaluation.IE kick the can really really hard.
    Inflation will kill the federal reserve note.

Stick around though.We may have a chance to restore our republic when it all falls apart,and take control away from the bankers that have run things for almost 100 years.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2004 saw 62million vote for the republican candidate.
    2008 dropped to 60million
    2012 dropped to 58million...

Apparently a fair number of people are taking your advice.

Yet Obama had 69 million vote for him in 2008. In 2012 his vote total was only 59 million. So maybe that happened as well on the left.

12 million less votes in 2012 than in 2008. And Obama only won by 1 million votes!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Yet Obama had 69 million vote for him in 2008. In 2012 his vote total was only 59 million. So maybe that happened as well on the left.

12 million less votes in 2012 than in 2008. And Obama only won by 1 million votes!

Either way, those who voted for Romney wasted their vote. Just saying.

:draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I just thought you Romney guys would like a taste of your own medicine since all the libertarians have been hearing that "wasting your vote" BS for the last year.

ROMNEY DIDN'T WIN, AND IF YOU VOTED FOR HIM YOU WASTED YOUR VOTE. Since voting for the winner of elections is so important to so many of you I just thought I'd point that out.

I argued against the Libertarians and I said that if you proved me wrong I would publicly acknowledge it. I think I even argued with you Teddy. You were right. I was wrong.
    From now on, unless the Republican running is a true conservative I will be voting Libertarian (unless of course he is even more liberal!) Voting for moderate Republicans is a wasted vote. I will vote my values from now on ...if we ever get to actually vote again. The economy may collapse before then. It is certain that the Republic is gone.

As de Toqueville said:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I argued against the Libertarians and I said that if you proved me wrong I would publicly acknowledge it. I think I even argued with you Teddy. You were right. I was wrong.
    From now on, unless the Republican running is a true conservative I will be voting Libertarian (unless of course he is even more liberal!) Voting for moderate Republicans is a wasted vote. I will vote my values from now on ...if we ever get to actually vote again. The economy may collapse before then. It is certain that the Republic is gone.

As de Toqueville said:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts like this prove that the goals of many libertarians haven't failed. Our country can't be fixed by the current system. The goal of myself and many others has been to get others to come to that same realization. Only 300
    Million more to go.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Even if every Republican vote went to Johnson he would have lost. Whats wrong with that guy.

Romney can now be considered to have been the greatest President ever, since he lost, he's now as good as Johnson, and theres no way to prove me wrong.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Even if every Republican vote went to Johnson he would have lost. Whats wrong with that guy.

Romney can now be considered to have been the greatest President ever, since he lost, he's now as good as Johnson, and theres no way to prove me wrong.

If Johnson had been on the Republican ticket lots of Republicans would have voted for him along with a whole bunch of Libertarians who did not vote for him

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Many republicans are finally now saying what us libertarians have been saying all along. Only we've been chastized, berated, called names, etc for saying the same thing.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I can prove that wrong by showing the demagraphics of the libertarian movement. The difference between Ron Paul and Gary Johnson is that more than just republicans will vote for them. Ron Paul especially pulls a lot of votes from the demacrat side.

We've already seen that in the last election all the "R" & "L" votes added up wouldn't have beaten Obama. Having voted either way would constitute "wasting" your vote by those who only define a vote as having counted if "your guy" won. With those two total votes combined there is nothing but a 2nd place/1st loser to be had. However, the "R" party would have embraced the libertarian party and taken the only motivated base that it had to work with and moved forward together against Romney then I think they would have had a better chance. Instead the "R" party crapped all over the libertarians at every opportunity and chose their candidate by the good ole boys club method. Until the "R" establishment wakes up and produces a libertarian candidate to be their next presidential candidate then they're as good as a wasted vote.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I can prove that wrong by showing the demagraphics of the libertarian movement. The difference between Ron Paul and Gary Johnson is that more than just republicans will vote for them. Ron Paul especially pulls a lot of votes from the demacrat side.

We've already seen that in the last election all the "R" & "L" votes added up wouldn't have beaten Obama. Having voted either way would constitute "wasting" your vote by those who only define a vote as having counted if "your guy" won. With those two total votes combined there is nothing but a 2nd place/1st loser to be had. However, the "R" party would have embraced the libertarian party and taken the only motivated base that it had to work with and moved forward together against Romney then I think they would have had a better chance. Instead the "R" party crapped all over the libertarians at every opportunity and chose their candidate by the good ole boys club method. Until the "R" establishment wakes up and produces a libertarian candidate to be their next presidential candidate then they're as good as a wasted vote.

I assume he did get votes from both sides, and he still couldn't win. A wasted vote is better known as one that could not have a chance in hell to win, that would be Johnson, this time. Maybe he should run as a Democrat next time, they are much more open minded, right?

I don't have an arguement with who a man votes for, hell, write in the butcher the baker and candlestick maker if you want, it's your vote, let it fly.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Either way, those who voted for Romney wasted their vote. Just saying.

:draw::draw::draw::draw::draw::draw:

If Obama had lost would those who voted for him have wasted their votes? Or those who voted for Gore or John Kerry?

Do you realize how the democrats would have destroyed either Ron Paul or Gary Johnson had they been running the main opponent of Obama? Both would have been painted as racists, as kooks. That they hate old people because they do not believe in social security and such.

LP types have never had to deal with the full wrath of the democrat party plus the media.

Top Bottom