• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Wow. And as long as people continue to pay these prices, the ridiculous prices will remain.

JaySoSaySo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Camby
    Wow. I have about 300 rounds of .223 that I grabbed after I bought my AR. Most boxes I got for about 5-6 bucks for 20.

Now it's gone or 10 times the price....but I think 300 of those, 300 of .40 and 300 of 9mm - I can get through....for now...

:ar15:

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I never really was into ar type rifles and still am not so I had/have no idea what ammo costs for these calibers but a LGS had 20 round boxes for sale for 25.99 the other day so by the responses I saw here I guess that hiway robbery.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    I never really was into ar type rifles and still am not so I had/have no idea what ammo costs for these calibers but a LGS had 20 round boxes for sale for 25.99 the other day so by the responses I saw here I guess that hiway robbery.

380guy, exactly one year ago you could buy Federal American Eagle .223 55grain full metal jacket 100 round box for about 40 bucks. I saw it on sale last year (Feb. 2012) for about 30-35 bucks for the same 100 round box.

That gives you an idea on the difference in price between last year and what's going on right now. Don't expect to find it right now for 35-40 cents a round, but paying 1 dollar or more a round is just ridiculous. Hopefully this will help you gauge prices a little better. Good luck.

Last edited:

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    380guy, exactly one year ago you could buy Federal American Eagle .223 55grain full metal jacket 100 round box for about 40 bucks. I saw it on sale last year (Feb. 2012) for about 30-35 bucks for the same 100 round box.

That gives you an idea on the difference in price between last year and what's going on right now. Don't expect to find it right now for 35-40 cents a round, but paying 1 dollar or more a round is just ridiculous. Hopefully this will help you gauge prices a little better. Good luck.

WOW a bit of an increase! I'd like to know how much 380 and 40 rounds were a year ago. I started reloading my pistol rounds and seriously looking into buying a 12ga shot gun (home defense strictly, Mossberg 500 persuader) and reloading those rounds as well. Right now I'm reloading my 380 rounds for roughly .18 per round

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Gander Mntn in Greenwood, gets trucks in on Thursdays, the push the ammo out on the floor in pallets.........for the other stuff.

FOR .223 or 5.56 they keep it behind the counter and you have to get in line for it, first come, first serve. Limit 3 boxes and you buy it RIGHT THERE, not up front.

Hope that helps

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Gander Mntn in Greenwood, gets trucks in on Thursdays, the push the ammo out on the floor in pallets.........for the other stuff.

FOR .223 or 5.56 they keep it behind the counter and you have to get in line for it, first come, first serve. Limit 3 boxes and you buy it RIGHT THERE, not up front.

Hope that helps

The GM in Castleton gets their trucks in on Thursday mornings too.

Went there a few Thursdays back and it was like a piranha feeding frenzy. They just wheeled out the pallets and people started grabbing what they wanted and hoarding it to themselves.

Tons of people looking for .22lr and .223. There was a bit of both that I saw but for the .22lr I think 2-3 people ended up with like 90% of the supply because they just grabbed the boxes and went to check out.

Limits? We don't need no stinking limits!:draw:

Hopefully I don't have to go back into that mess, but I'm dragging my brother along to a class and I"m sure he doesn't have enough ammo for it...

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Gander Mountain can hardly keep any ammo in stock now for even one day or hours. if i recall about 3 weeks ago you could still get 9mm, 45acp and all other popular calibers (except 223 and 22lr) at gander i dont know if it was the fact nobody i know usually buys ammo from there or what but now you cannot find anything there if you plan to buy ammo from there. dont get me wrong the occationally sale flyer has a few decent deals but it is nuts how low there stock of handguns is now being the price they have them at in my opinion... i know things are crazy but geeze ill wait a little while.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    WOW a bit of an increase! I'd like to know how much 380 and 40 rounds were a year ago. I started reloading my pistol rounds and seriously looking into buying a 12ga shot gun (home defense strictly, Mossberg 500 persuader) and reloading those rounds as well. Right now I'm reloading my 380 rounds for roughly .18 per round

.380 i dont know, but .40 really hasn't moved much. still plentiful, maybe a touch higher but about the same.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom