If President Barrack Obama knocked on your door ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If President Barrack Obama knocked on my door ...

• Total voters

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I would ask him what he wanted, (as my dog goes by me to check him out of course) thats just common sense, and common courtesy.
    Buy this time I am sure he would then retort with "I want that dolberman of yours to stop humping me".
    To which my reply would be along the lines of "Well you humped me first"

Then we would have a laugh and he would say "good point!" And I would say "No, good dog!"

We would then tell stories until late and then maybe go T.P. or egg some houses, you know, bonding type of stuff.
    One of us would get the bright idea to go to the white house and light a bag (made out of recycled paper of course) full of manure on fire and ring the doorbell, then run to a safe distance and watch.

We would laugh and laugh as Joe Biden tried to stomp out the fire (he would be compelled too because of it releasing all that CO2 in the atmosphere!) and then laugh even more as his discovered his soiled shoes!
    Then when Michelle came outside to see what all the ruckus was we would have to run. Once safely away, Barrack would say she deserved it for giving out veggetables for haloween treats. And I would aggree.

It would all be so grand, and when it was all over at the twighlight of the following morning, he would turn to his SS guy and say "Im done with this guy" then I would never be heard from again and never get to post my awesome story on ingo for you all to read.

So now if I dissappear, you will all know that Obama must have come knocking on my front door, and exactly what happened as a result.

Last edited:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    And how many American soldiers died because of Bush's trumped-up wars?

Feel free to post a similar poll, and substitute Bush for Obama in the title. Meanwhile,this thread is about Obama, and has nothing to do with Bush,Clinton, or any other President.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I don't invite very many people in my home, Obama would be no exception. I would like to give him my copies of "Atlas Shrugged", "Unintended Consequences", and "Molon Labe", ask him to read them, and then get back with me.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Feel free to post a similar poll, and substitute Bush for Obama in the title. Meanwhile,this thread is about Obama, and has nothing to do with Bush,Clinton, or any other President.

No, the comment was completely relevant. Criticism of one person's actions should be balanced against the actions of others who have held a similar position.

The President of the United States should be treated with respect, regardless of whether or not one agrees with his actions or positions on the issues. That's what elections are for.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No, the comment was completely relevant. Criticism of one person's actions should be balanced against the actions of others who have held a similar position.

The President of the United States should be treated with respect, regardless of whether or not one agrees with his actions or positions on the issues. That's what elections are for.

You are telling us that just because malfeasance in office has become commonplace that it is acceptable? You apparently have a very bizarre idea of right and proper. Whosyer is correct that the discussion at hand is about Obama, not any other individual. Had we been discussing any of those individuals, we could find plenty of criticism to go around. Pointing your finger and screaming "Bbbbbbbbut HE DID IT TOO!" is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

If you want to discuss your issues with Bush or any other former president, then by all means start a thread addressing any or all such persons.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Respect is earned, not given.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

An interesting question.

Let me see...?

I have the opportunity to speak with and influence on the oh so slightest margin the most powerful man in the United States Government.

I have the opportunity to ask questions of the the most "in the loop" person in the United States Government.

Obviously I do not agree with President Obama on many issues but this goes without saying for the last...Let me see, I am 47 and remember Carter who was elected in '76 so...36 years. That is nothing new.

To pass the opportunity to share with him my concerns as his constituent (whether I agree with him or not) would be the epitome of short sightedness.

On the topic of "deaths on his watch" a red herring at best. There has been NO political leader since the dawn of time that hasn't had someone die on their watch. Sorry but the only time a sitting President will get by with zero casualties is when death takes a holiday.

So yes, invited in with open arms. Stay for dinner. Have a beer - a good one - NOT American swill (unless from a microbrewery.) Same would go for President Bush (Sr & Jr), President Clinton, President Reagan, President Carter...

Regards,

Doug

PS - President Truman and President Eisenhower would be invited to stay the night!:D

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Respect is earned, not given.

No, you respect everyone, until they prove themselves unworthy of it. At least that's how I was taught, and I'm betting you and most other people were too.

I call shenanigans on the 100+ persons that say they would not invite the president in. Sure, I have no doubt that a few would turn him away, but only a fraction of those that indicated such in the poll.

For those that stated that they would turn Obama away, what president would you entertain? You'd pretty much have to go circa-18th century to find a president that, based on people's reasonings for excluding Obama, would be welcome into your home.

So, I am to believe that you guys wouldn't have allowed a sitting president from within the past 200+ years into your homes?

Shenanigans.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    No, you respect everyone, until they prove themselves unworthy of it. At least that's how I was taught, and I'm betting you and most other people were too.

I call shenanigans on the 100+ persons that say they would not invite the president in. Sure, I have no doubt that a few would turn him away, but only a fraction of those that indicated such in the poll.

For those that stated that they would turn Obama away, what president would you entertain? You'd pretty much have to go circa-18th century to find a president that, based on people's reasonings for excluding Obama, would be welcome into your home.

So, I am to believe that you guys wouldn't have allowed a sitting president from within the past 200+ years into your homes?

Shenanigans.

you're assuming i regard him as president, friend.
    addendum - for the sake of discussion, of any president, i'd like to have a chat with Washington or Teddy Roosevelt. The former being preferable, given the age we live in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    you're assuming i regard him as president, friend.

So this thread doesn't apply to you, because Barack Obama is clearly referenced as "President," in the title, indicating it to be legitimate.

However, I'll be honest, I'm not following your logic, but.....uhhhhh, ok? :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    addendum - for the sake of discussion, of any president, i'd like to have a chat with Washington or Teddy Roosevelt. The former being preferable, given the age we live in.

We grudge no man a fortune in civil life if it is honorably obtained and well used. It is not even enough that it should have been gained without doing damage to the community. We should permit it to be gained only so long as the gaining represents benefit to the community. … The really big fortune, the swollen fortune, by the mere fact of its size, acquires qualities which differentiate it in kind as well as in degree from what is possessed by men of relatively small means. Therefore, I believe in a graduated income tax on big fortunes, and … a graduated inheritance tax on big fortunes, properly safeguarded against evasion, and increasing rapidly in amount with the size of the estate.

-Teddy Roosevelt

(Kut thinks you need to show Teddy the door too, then)

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    simply responding to the post I quoted. However, since my own unique political agenda is misunderstood, will steer myself back towards the gun section here <.<

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    simply responding to the post I quoted. However, since my own unique political agenda is misunderstood, will steer myself back towards the gun section here <.<

Awww, c'mon! This is the interwebz, it's all in fun. I doth not mean to offer offense.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    actually, i'd not remembered that one from teddy. will kindly withdraw him from my wishlist on hauntings on that note.

It's from his "New Nationalism" speech. It's obviously not common knowledge anymore, I just happened to know of it.

I's still LOVE to have had a sit down with Teddy. He was a fascinating man. I can't imagine the grief he got over allowing Booker T. Washington sleep (strike that, sleep) at the White House.

Top Bottom