If D.C. becomes a "state", what stops other cities from becoming states?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I and 6 counties around me do not. The gerrymandering us with a big liberal county has destroyed our voice. So we do not have representation.

Yes I do. That would give true representation of the people.

Oh again there isn't enough if you go by historical precedence. However, you don't think that since the country ran on precedence for around 130 years it's constitutional.

The SCOTUS even uses precedence.
    Yes you do have representation, it's just it seems more people in your district disagree with what you want. Just because you are outvoted doesn't mean you don't have representation.

And no precedence does not mean the Constitution requires it. What the Constitution requires is a cap of no more than one representative per 30,000 people. It could be 1 per 30k, 1 per 300k, or 1 per 3 million. The previous precedent was Constitutional, but so is the current situation.

And yes SCOTUS uses precedence, they also overturn their own precedence.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yes you do have representation, it's just it seems more people in your district disagree with what you want. Just because you are outvoted doesn't mean you don't have representation.

And no precedence does not mean the Constitution requires it. What the Constitution requires is a cap of no more than one representative per 30,000 people. It could be 1 per 30k, 1 per 300k, or 1 per 3 million. The previous precedent was Constitutional, but so is the current situation.

And yes SCOTUS uses precedence, they also overturn their own precedence.
    Maybe it's time for SCOTUS to over turn the Cap so everyone has real representation.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe it's time for SCOTUS to over turn the Cap so everyone has real representation.
    I'm curious how you think that adding 1000 congress critters would change anything. There is no "real" representation. They represent their parties for the most part. In your scenario, there would just be more people representing their party.

Top Bottom