• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonsromer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    MADISON
    Hey yall, Im in the market for some quality handgun training around the south eastern Indiana area. If anyone could point me to a few leads it would be greatly appreciated. :laugh:

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    ACT. My wife and I both went. Took the two day class. Good people, good class. We both learned a lot. I used to worry about my wife if she ever got in a situation that she needed to use a pistol for personal protection. I do not have the same worries about that. They also taught her to clear her pistol in a hurry if she got a FTF or FTE. They are are also a INGO supporter.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    Do they offer these classes on the Westside if Indy? I would like to take one with my wife. I have taken her shooting and she knows how to "operate" a firearm, but that is not enough.

Rick Klopp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Hey yall, Im in the market for some quality handgun training around the south eastern Indiana area. If anyone could point me to a few leads it would be greatly appreciated. :laugh:

Jasonsromer -

I'm an instructor for Suarez International and have two claases in the Petersburg, IN area in June. The first is a Glock Armorer's class on Fri evening, June 10th and the second one is Close Range Gunfighting on Sat and Sun, June 11th-12th.

Close Range Gunfighting is the flagship course for Suarez International and goes as far as you can safely go on a square range with live-fire pistols. The dynamic curriculum surpasses the traditional handgun methods commonly taught in most institutions and focuses of the use of the pistol in aggressive close range applications likely in individual civilian street encounters.

The class begins with a tune-up of the fundamentals, then we progress quickly to new skills such as Proactive and Reactive Manipulations, Shooting While Moving Off The X, Reality-Based Multiple Hostiles Engagement, 360 degree CQB Movement, Danger-Close Fighting, Bilateral Shooting, 360 degree After Action Assessment Methods, and Integrating the Flashlight and Other Tools into the Firing Platform. This is the life-saving material that is often ignored in many other programs. In two days, you will receive more information than most armed professionals ever get!

Here's the links to the classes:

June 10, 2011 - Glock Armorer - Petersburg, IN

June 11-12, 2011 - Close Range Gunfighting - Petersburg, IN

Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    +1 for ACT. I have taken two classes from them and are signed up for two more this month. My wife is also taking basic pistol from them this month. Give them a try...it is great training and very affordable.

jasonsromer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    MADISON
    Now ive never had any type of training whatsoever. Ive had alot of practice as far as firearm saftey, and basic pistol control, but never attempted any sort of defensive tactics at all. Would this type of course be good for someone such as myself, or should I go for something a little more novice?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Crawl-walk-run.

One can never do the basics enough.

Indiana has some wonderful firearms education opportunities. Kudos to you for seeking knowledge. It is far more valuable than your guns.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Indy Gun Safety provides the NRA's Basic Pistol Course in Fishers Indiana. The course is done in one day and we offer a $25 discount if you bring a second person. The NRA certificate is good for obtaining a Florida non-resident CCW license.

Indy Gun Safety also provides Defensive Pistol/CCW training and private lessons on request. We are also a full service gun shop, and the shop is part of the educational process. Please see our web site, Indy Gun Safety Home for details or to sign up, and don't hesitate to contact us.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Now ive never had any type of training whatsoever. Ive had alot of practice as far as firearm saftey, and basic pistol control, but never attempted any sort of defensive tactics at all. Would this type of course be good for someone such as myself, or should I go for something a little more novice?

I recommend starting with our IP 101 course, which is a four hour course and deals with many basic or fundamental skills such as: draw stroke, SHO and WHO shooting, snapping the eyes, and multiple target engagement. The class next Sunday is full, but we will be having another one soon, and it may fill up quickly because I am hearing from several folks wanting to do it.

If you are convinced that you are ready we have a Defensive Pistol 101 class scheduled for March 19 at the Atlanta Conservation Club. We have some room in this one. Email me and I can send you the registration form. It will require some driving on your part but it would get the class in right away. Our prices cannot be beat and you will learn plenty.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Check in the Training and Tactics section for Training with a GM. I am a certifier USPSA Range Officer and Grand Master class shooter. I live in Seymour and give classes at our range in Freetown( 15 miles west of Seymour). I can cover any aspects of shooting you will need to know. I train beginners and advanced shoots. A private class for you and your wife would cost $100 each and would last 4-5 hrs. You would need 200-300 rds.each to complete the course. My info is on the Training with a GM page or e-mail dbedwell02@comcast.net. Thanks Max

Top Bottom