I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Someone in another thread posted about a gun store going out of business and on the auction site this gem was in there, a SS Type M, it's bid up already so people know what it is.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

What Beretta are these a copy of?
    jeeez, can this company do anything but knock off others designs?

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Someone in another thread posted about a gun store going out of business and on the auction site this gem was in there, a SS Type M, it's bid up already so people know what it is.

I actually handled that gun at that shop a couple of months ago. I got all excited when I realized it was a Type M, as I've never actually seen or handled one in person. They were asking $850, IIRC.

Honestly, it was cool because of the rarity, but the grip wasn't really noticeably smaller than my 92X Compact. It also doesn't have the original grips on it...it's wearing some kind of Pachmayr abomination that doesn't actually fit the gun. I imagine proper Type M grips would be hard to find, and expensive.

Ultimately, I passed on it. My 92X Compact does everything that thing would and more. I just couldn't justify spending $850 for a novelty.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I actually handled that gun at that shop a couple of months ago. I got all excited when I realized it was a Type M, as I've never actually seen or handled one in person. They were asking $850, IIRC.

Honestly, it was cool because of the rarity, but the grip wasn't really noticeably smaller than my 92X Compact. It also doesn't have the original grips on it...it's wearing some kind of Pachmayr abomination that doesn't actually fit the gun. I imagine proper Type M grips would be hard to find, and expensive.

Ultimately, I passed on it. My 92X Compact does everything that thing would and more. I just couldn't justify spending $850 for a novelty.
    Yeah with those pachmayrs on there it wouldn’t have felt thin lol, you can get M grips pretty easy for about 30.00.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I picked up one of the M84's PSA was selling, while they post these as 'excellent' condition that's not really the case nor did I expect it but I was very pleasantly surprised at the condition of the one I did get. Except for a little wear at the front of the slide they are actually very nice, much better than the one I got from Atlantic. Definitely worth the 399.00.

myGRULgm.jpg

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Okay its a Gun Broker, and its a Bernardelli.. but you don't see these often..

P018S Compact

1720706785736.jpeg

CAI import, so probably came in from Isreal. $650 and those dang mags can run about 100 a pop..

Bernardelli pistols used to be made about 100 yards from the Beretta factory in Italy.. on the other side of the tight valley.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I did end up winning that Type M, after all was said and done it was a bit over 700.00. I found some M grips cheap still in the package and looking the gun over i'm not sure it was ever fired, the breech face is spotless as well as internals and barrel. I think the Inox version is a bit more rare. The grip on this measures 1.27 and my 92X compact is 1.43 which doesn't seem like much on paper but makes a difference when in the hand.

0zbsG9fl.jpg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I did end up winning that Type M, after all was said and done it was a bit over 700.00. I found some M grips cheap still in the package and looking the gun over i'm not sure it was ever fired, the breech face is spotless as well as internals and barrel. I think the Inox version is a bit more rare. The grip on this measures 1.27 and my 92X compact is 1.43 which doesn't seem like much on paper but makes a difference when in the hand.

0zbsG9fl.jpg

They’re a sweet gun for sure, but the reduction in capacity is a hard offset for the marginal reduction in size, IMO.

But this from a guy who feels a Compact isn’t small enough compared to a Centurion to bother with them, either.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They’re a sweet gun for sure, but the reduction in capacity is a hard offset for the marginal reduction in size, IMO.

But this from a guy who feels a Compact isn’t small enough compared to a Centurion to bother with them, either.
    Yes that is one thing about the Beretta 9mm compacts/type Ms.. they aren't all that smaller.

Compare the Type M you posted, to the Bernadelli P018S compact that still holds 14, despite still being smaller then Type M.

Which is I guess why the Sig P228 won out to become the M11 pistol

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I have a full-size 92FS and a 92X Compact. I agree the compact is not a small gun. It does carry a little better than the full-size, and conceals just a bit easier, so if I'm carrying one of them it's almost always the compact. But it's usually neither since my go-to is a P229 SAS.

Top Bottom