• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Pants on and zipped up, not buttoned. Run belt through the loops and then grab holster/gun combo and slip it in my pants. I open the clips on my KingTuc and pull them over the belt. Button my pants and tighten my belt. This works with my XDs AND my 5.25 XDm. (Same kind of holster.)

I guess I have never thought much about it. I've been getting ready this way for so long with similar guns and holsters, I really don't even think about it anymore.

Hold on. I'll go take my pants off and try it to make sure that's how I do it.
    brb

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I carry Berettas. 92, Px4, and probably most often a 9000s, but close with the 92. It's hard to say, but safety is always off on them because of double action pull with a hammer gun.

I used to carry safety on but training in last couple of years convinced me to carry safety off.

I don't think the undress draw is anything like my training draw to present weapon so I don't think the muscle memory will be an issue but it is something to consider which is why I asked the question so thanks for feedback.

I never unholster my gun to get dressed. Just take the whole package and shove it down my pants and clip it in. I use an Incog holster with two clips so its similar, should be able to do the same with yours.

Also, what do you carry that you leave the safety off when holstered? I figured that guns with safeties should be carried with them on but I carry a Glock so my safety is always on.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The reason I do it this way is because if I put the gun and holster on together, i am handling both as a unit and well if I slip up, I could drop gun in holster. This way when I draw the gun out, I am handling the gun and gun only so I am consciously aware that I am holding the weapon.

And yes it stays in the same holster.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I made this just for INGO.

This is how I do it. I grip is mostly on the gun, close to how I draw. My thumb is holding the leather piece on the back of the holster. This is my XDm 5.25 and Galco KingTuk holster.
    [video=youtube_share;iM0tMwXBS3g]http://youtu.be/iM0tMwXBS3g[/video]

Good ears will hear the ringing of the BioBelt.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Finally a thread where I can use these emoticons.

INGO helps foszoe get dressed...
    :gaychase:

:gheyhi:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I made this just for INGO.

This is how I do it. I grip is mostly on the gun, close to how I draw. My thumb is holding the leather piece on the back of the holster. This is my XDm 5.25 and Galco KingTuk holster.
    [video=youtube_share;iM0tMwXBS3g]http://youtu.be/iM0tMwXBS3g[/video]

Good ears will hear the ringing of the BioBelt.

THIS. I find it easier to put that holster on that way vs empty. I find I get more leverage by holding the grip because the only complaint about the supertuck is its tendency for the outside edge of the muzzle end of the kydex snags on pants. I can manipulate the bottom edge of the holster easier that way.

And with enough practice, working it in front then back or vice versa, is easier than shoving the whole thing straight down into the pants.

I applaud the OP for his use of the safety, but I agree, muscle memory could play into it in a negative way.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    My holster is a Kramer IWB with loops for belt. I feed the belt through the pants loops putting the Gerber Combat Folder then mag carrier. Belt feed to 4 O'clock where holster is added then cell phone. Put Tee shirt on then pants. Pick up mag from where it stays at night and insert into carrier, pick up STI 2011 6" 10mm where it stays at night, with safety on, in holster and am ready to go for coffee. Have not worked a job in 17 years! When working, was same thing, except dress shirt, tie, and coat with a Colt Officers ACP and double mag. Coffee was at work.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    If I carried a pistol with a safety, I would probably leave the safety engaged, unless I was in the act of firing (and practice drawing, clicking the safety, and firing).
    I don't currently carry a pistol with a safety though.

Top Bottom