• ...and so much more!
  • Becks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Charleston
    Hey,

I just bought a Standard Products that I believe is very close to "correct." I was researching it and came across this post. What struck me (besides the fact that yours is in great condition!) was that our carbines are almost exactly the same. I was curious how close they were. It is really rare to find them so close and almost impossible to find two with consecutive serials so I thought it was worth it to contact you. I had to join this site to do it! LOL I tried to send you a PM but it won't let me without 50 posts...

Anyway, Mine is a Standard Products with a 3/44 Underwood Barrel like yours. It has the same sights, slide, and my bolt is a 53S. From the pics it seems that yours is a 52S so they are really close and could have been pulled from a mixed bin or maybe your gun is a bit earlier. Also, my front band is a wider "type 2" but since they were numerous armors building hundreds a day it often happened that the older type 1 bands were used at the same time as the type 2's. Or if your gun is earlier that band and the bolt would make sense.
    Like yours, my trigger housing doesn't match the rest of the rifle but from my research... your inland housing is likely correct.

Anyway, for privacy... I will just say that my serial is 2,228,9xx. It would be very crazy if they were consecutive, and even if they are not... they were likely built the same day/week/month. I would love to know more details about yours because from looking at it... I believe yours is "all correct." It would help me to verify what of mine is correct or not. I am not sure if you have researched it much... but Standard Products ran out of parts and borrowed some from other manufacturers. (like the Inland housings).
    People who don't know assume it is wrong and change it, but the true colletors know what is correct. Anyway, I am trying to determine what parts of mine are correct
    and comparing it to yours would help me do that.

If you would send me a PM I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Becks - congratulations on a great find! I have a small collection of M1 carbines (9 and counting). I hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I do out of mine.

The original post in this thread was back in 2011, I think. Prices have gone crazy! What then was going for 5-600 is now double that (nearly). Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

Again, congratulations on a neat find!

J81s82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Avon
    What you have is a nice partially updated standard products M1 that would be a pretty easy sell for $750 - $800 with no import markings.

Top Bottom