• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    My first 1911 was a Springfield Armory Loaded model. I put several hundred trouble-fee rounds down the pipe with it in my first month of ownership but ended up selling it within that first month to fund something else I had been longing for. I have regretted the decision to sell that 1911 ever since.

I filled the 1911 void recently when I picked this TRP up:

IMG_1222.jpg

I enjoyed the TRP so much that I went ahead and picked up another 1911. I'll continue to shoot/train extensively with my polymer pistols, which I prefer to carry (9mm Walther PPQ, Glock 26, M&P 9 Shield). I like to keep caliber consistent for my carry pistol, and all of the aforementioned pistols have fairly similar controls (aside from the M&P [thumb safety] and PPQ [trigger guard mag release]).

IMHO, nothing beats the sheer shooting pleasure of a 1911 at the range. Sold my Sig P229R to make way for this:

IMG_1244-1.jpg

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    Understood completely. Bought my first 1911 in 1984. Haven't been without at least one ever since. You have 2 wonderful pistols, enjoy them.
    Might be time for me to look at that Detonics MTX again. Feelin' the bug.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    :drool::drool::drool: , man love me some 1911 as well, gorgeous guns

Thank you sir!

Have yet to own one.... Have shot MANY..... But still love them all the same

They're hard not to love, that's for darn sure.

Understood completely. Bought my first 1911 in 1984. Haven't been without at least one ever since. You have 2 wonderful pistols, enjoy them.
    Might be time for me to look at that Detonics MTX again. Feelin' the bug.

Thanks for the kind words. The 1911 bug is quite dangerous - this I know. :D

What has been the favorite 1911 you have owned?

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    If I wasn't 140lbs, and it wasn't huge (full size) I'd carry mine every day.

I'll be buried with my 1911. Lol

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010

:laugh:

NICE!! You'll love the Ed Brown.....

Thank you! I am already in love with it.

This. It is one of the most accurate pistols I own and the quality can be felt.

I thought that my TRP was put together well (and it definitely is) but the Kobra is really something else. Racking the slide is buttery smooth.

If I wasn't 140lbs, and it wasn't huge (full size) I'd carry mine every day.

I'll be buried with my 1911. Lol

Haha! Time to pick up a 4.25" 1911 with a full-size frame and bobtail . . . perhaps?

Et tu Brutus? Et tu?:D

1811003.jpg

1811005.jpg

argenentines003.jpg

argenentines001.jpg

Gorgeous collection sir!

I have the twin to that TRP.. It's a fine pistol.

It really is. You made an excellent choice. :ingo:

Spiorad-Fola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have the TRP with the accessory rail and bull barrel, more fun than my Nighthawk.
    Next step might be switching out some parts, but honestly, I don't see the point, it shoots like a dream and I've never had a single hiccup from it.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I have the TRP with the accessory rail and bull barrel, more fun than my Nighthawk.
    Next step might be switching out some parts, but honestly, I don't see the point, it shoots like a dream and I've never had a single hiccup from it.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it. Got any pics of that beauty?

The only thing I changed out on my rail-less TRP was the FLGR. I picked up an Ed Brown GI-style guide rod setup instead. I prefer not having to use a tool to take down the pistol.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I am looking at getting the TRP with the rail for my next pistol. From everything i have heard and seen on it, shoots amazing. I already have 2 Kimbers with rails, and a GI Springfield, and they all run smooth.

poolman1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    1911s

:)
    My first 1911 was a Springfield Armory Loaded model. I put several hundred trouble-fee rounds down the pipe with it in my first month of ownership but ended up selling it within that first month to fund something else I had been longing for. I have regretted the decision to sell that 1911 ever since.

I filled the 1911 void recently when I picked this TRP up:

IMG_1222.jpg

I enjoyed the TRP so much that I went ahead and picked up another 1911. I'll continue to shoot/train extensively with my polymer pistols, which I prefer to carry (9mm Walther PPQ, Glock 26, M&P 9 Shield). I like to keep caliber consistent for my carry pistol, and all of the aforementioned pistols have fairly similar controls (aside from the M&P [thumb safety] and PPQ [trigger guard mag release]).

IMHO, nothing beats the sheer shooting pleasure of a 1911 at the range. Sold my Sig P229R to make way for this:

IMG_1244-1.jpg

Top Bottom