• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland
    Well I finally found my CZ. Thank god. 8 months later it finally popped up in a shop near me and I snagged it. Now trying to find a holster...... ugh i hate this process!

Is there a place in or around indianapolis that has a huge selection of all different kinds that I could get a feel of what I want?
    I am currently carrying a shield 2.0. Its in an aliengear iwb shapeshift 4.0 holster, its alot of holster but is extremely comfortable for where I wear it which is kidney area, I have actually been super pleased with it.

I am not sure if I want to carry the cz back there. I was thinking maybe more appendix unless im gonna be on the motorcycle then i was think shoulder or back to the kidney. Anyway. I am dad with the body to match. 240lbs is where I am. So I wasnt sure if appendix would be comfortable. I have no ass, Mr. flatass here, so belts I wear have to be tight to keep the pants up. Which is why the aliengear works so well for me. Maybe I should do some ass exercises to remedy that. Anyway, any advice you fine people can pass along would be well appreciated.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Holsters are extremely subjective. What works for me may not work for you. You’re probably going to have to try a few until you find the right one. I’d narrow down how you want to carry first and then go from there. If you’re already used to carrying behind the hip then stick with that. Why don’t you want to carry the new gun there? Alien gear is pretty low tier. Look at comptac or cross breed for a higher quality holster of similar type.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well I finally found my CZ. Thank god. 8 months later it finally popped up in a shop near me and I snagged it. Now trying to find a holster...... ugh i hate this process!

Is there a place in or around indianapolis that has a huge selection of all different kinds that I could get a feel of what I want?
    I am currently carrying a shield 2.0. Its in an aliengear iwb shapeshift 4.0 holster, its alot of holster but is extremely comfortable for where I wear it which is kidney area, I have actually been super pleased with it.

I am not sure if I want to carry the cz back there. I was thinking maybe more appendix unless im gonna be on the motorcycle then i was think shoulder or back to the kidney. Anyway. I am dad with the body to match. 240lbs is where I am. So I wasnt sure if appendix would be comfortable. I have no ass, Mr. flatass here, so belts I wear have to be tight to keep the pants up. Which is why the aliengear works so well for me. Maybe I should do some ass exercises to remedy that. Anyway, any advice you fine people can pass along would be well appreciated.
    So you carry 4 o'clock position? I do as well. I use the AG 3.5 version for years now wear it every day. I carry everything from my new 1911 10mm, CZ P10F, and shield 45 all at 4 o'clock position. I do work outside and a lot of bending twisting etc they stay put and I haven't had any problems other than the plastic clips wearing out which they ship new ones for free when I tell them I need new ones. Good customer service also.

Another thread someone said appendix carry is very comfortable for tool shed builders. I have always assumed it would be uncomfortable because of said tool shed.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I generally find a holster that works, and then carry pretty much everything in some variation of that as folks mentioned above. Crossbreed mini Tuk or Super Tuk depending on the size of the gun, or Galco King Tuk have been my go to's for IWB hybrid holsters. Combo that with a Daltech Super BioBelt and works in most any clothing situation.

I do this mostly for muscle memory no matter what I am carrying, whether it be a 365 sized gun or a 320 sized, etc.

What model CZ did you pick up? And what's the size comparison to the Shield? Assuming the CZ is larger and that's why you are thinking appendix vs same placement as the Shield?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I generally find a holster that works, and then carry pretty much everything in some variation of that as folks mentioned above. Crossbreed mini Tuk or Super Tuk depending on the size of the gun, or Galco King Tuk have been my go to's for IWB hybrid holsters. Combo that with a Daltech Super BioBelt and works in most any clothing situation.

I do this mostly for muscle memory no matter what I am carrying, whether it be a 365 sized gun or a 320 sized, etc.

What model CZ did you pick up? And what's the size comparison to the Shield? Assuming the CZ is larger and that's why you are thinking appendix vs same placement as the Shield?
    So appendix carry of a FS 1911 10mm or CZ P10F probably wouldn't be to comfortable or practical for me and my overhang?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So appendix carry of a FS 1911 10mm or CZ P10F probably wouldn't be to comfortable or practical for me and my overhang?
    No idea on appendix carry myself really. Only gun I ever remotely tried it with was many years ago and was an Sp101 snub nose. The holster I tried it with was not quality and the hammer didn't like me when carrying in that style.

Been all in on hybrid IWB behind strong side hip for a long time now.

Last edited:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

People carry full size guns all the time appendix. That’s how I carry 99 percent of the time but your method may vary. It’s something that you’ll have to try to know if it works for you.

7hatGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Fairland

I got a 75 D compact (PCR). Its bigger than the shield not by much though. I was just thinking of trying a different carry style. But i ended up buying a crossbreed holster today, we will see how much i like it in 2-3 weeks. I chose the supertuck.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    If I had a holster for every time I decided I wanted to try and find a better/cooler/flashier holster, I'd have this big ass Rubbermaid tub of holsters.

Oh wait, NM. Best of luck!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I can't find one I like for the 97b I recently acquired. Not that I'll put it in rotation, but I have one for everything else. Only fair.

I'm OWB strong side 3/330 without question. Any other way is verboten (for me).

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I can't find one I like for the 97b I recently acquired. Not that I'll put it in rotation, but I have one for everything else. Only fair.

I'm OWB strong side 3/330 without question. Any other way is verboten (for me).

Similar for me, but on the other side of the hip 230/3. Works very well for me. I ended up getting a GunfightersINC Ronin custom holster cut for an optic and it has worked well for me. I recommend getting a custom holster from them, if you order from them, as the quick ship holster I ordered was nowhere near the same quality. Even after contacting them and getting a replacement it's just not something I can recommend. The custom holster however is very nice.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I think that's why most of us have a large tote full of barely used rigs. Pay big money for em and then there worth 20 bucks each or less..you just don't know till you wear it a week or so

Top Bottom