I like jelly, but I don't like this kind of jam...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    How hard is it to pull the charging handle to the rear? Does it feel like it drags?

Screwed in easily doesn't guarantee it's perfectly in line with the upper.

Is there a chance the threading just isn't lined up with the lower (I am thinking this would result in it still threading easily but the extension would be slight out of alignment for carrier travel.) It would mean a bad lower, but I am pretty certain every company glitches once in a while.

Other than that, the other two things I might consider are replacing the LPK components or testing these components in another lower. It doesn't sound like either is on the table right now, but without having it in my hands to compare with another unit that is about all I can think of.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    RedTbird, Did you get a chance to work with it again? Since the base of the fired case is forward and the next round gets picked up, the rifle does not seem be short stroking. Look for brass marks on the deflectot and have a friend watch to see how far the case makes it out and where it hits. I would be interested in what you find.

Top Bottom