• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    What gun are you carrying? What holsters?

S&W J frame Model 60 (357) with a Desantis Insider. I also have a Galco Stow n Go. I like both for different reasons. I'm currently using the Desantis a little more to try to break it in. The Galco is very easy to get on and off. Maybe that'll be a bad thing after I wear it for a while longer.

inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    To the OP, if your belt loop on most of your pants is "in the way" consider straddling that loop. That is, assuming you have a holster that requires you to thread the belt through 2 loops on the holster, thread the belt through one holster loop, then the belt loop On your pants, then the other holster loop.

When end you tighten it up that belt loop will essentially be under your holster but you can still adjust a few inches fore or aft.

Thats how how I have to set up with a Raven holster and most of my jeans.

Actually both are IWB clips. The Galco Stow n Go can straddle the belt loop a little. The Desantis Insider cannot. I'll get used to a 3:30 pretty quick, I think.

inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've carried at 2:15 for years...no worries about printing since the shirt naturally flows over the gun. You will print like a mo-fo if you carry at 4:00 and bend or stoop in any way, it's gravity working against you...nothing you can do about it. Some people don't care about that in the least, I do (concealed for a reason). Do what is most comfortable for YOU no matter what others say (as long as it's legal).

Congrats...it will get MUCH more comfortable as time goes on. I feel uncomfortable without my sidearm now, it's become that much a part of my wardrobe.

I tried apendix really quick, 1:00 really quick and 230 really quick. I kept stabbing myself in the leg, or worse. :) Howdaya` sit down??

inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Congrats. Being a slimmer guy I usually move the gun back to 5 -530 clock with more sever cant. This way the butt tucks up in my back. I can bend over, reach up, do whatever and the butt of the gun doesn't poke out like at 3-4 clock. Some on here don't believe it but I don't care. For some it seems like an impossibility to carry a 1911 in a NORMAL sized t shirt. But my body style and the 1911 go together like peas and carrots.

I know my first time CC'ing it really felt like everyone was looking at me. Kind of like going to class not sober for the first time. Walking in late I felt all eyes on me.

Before you know it you're a natural. :D It's a J frame S&W Model 60. Very comfy with a little work so far.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    J frame is a win win. Small enough to CC, and power plenty for defense. I have also carried one since 1982. Add a Glock 9mm or 40cal, you have a system. Also like the Glock 21(45acp), but it is huge compared to your j frame M60. Bottom line is you have chosen to CC/OC and hope you will not need to use it, but... be trained and mentally prepped if you do. Congrats. Read, learn, go target shooting, repeat.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I'm just curious what the heck is " What Not " ?

What not =/= of the sort, etc, relating to, pertaining to

used in a sentence: Yall need to get out back and worsh that outhouse and what not

Simply put, it's redundant.

OR

you could go by google's definition but I like mine better:

what·not
    ˈ(h)wətˌnät/
    noun
    noun: what-not

informal
      used to refer to an item or items that are not identified but are felt to have something in common with items already named.
      "little flashing digital displays, electric zooms and whatnots"

a stand with shelves for small objects.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    you could go by google's definition but I like mine better:

what·not
    ˈ(h)wətˌnät/
    noun
    noun: what-not

informal
      used to refer to an item or items that are not identified but are felt to have something in common with items already named.
      "little flashing digital displays, electric zooms and whatnots"

a stand with shelves for small objects.
      [/QUOTE]
    I always thought you put what not ON a shelf. Anyway, off to the rifle club, and bringing along a couple of my favorite " what not " Like your def better too. Can't wait till I can just sit in a self-driving Google car to go to the range.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Sure it is. False sense of security. "I'll be fine, I have a gun". Not everyone, but there are certainly many who will go places/do things with a gun that they wouldn't without.

This is the underlying problem in that scenario, not the lack of training.

I should have added a qualifier :)

"Don't ever do anything just because now you have a gun on you it makes it safe"

This type of mentality will put yourself and loved ones through things you never want to have to go through. If you have to say, "Oh, I can go there now, I have my gun on me", you're taking unnecessary risk. The answer is still, I shouldn't go there, I might get shot. Your not getting in a tank and strapping on L3 body armor, you're putting a gun on your hip, that hopefully, one day, that never comes, you could use it to shoot your way out of a situation, not in to.

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    I've had my LTCH for about 10 months now. I just got around to buying my first two holsters. Both fit decent for IWB and I'm trying to figure out if I want to wear at 2:26 or 3:34 because my belt loop is getting in the way. :)

I'm also trying to find out where the gun fits best into the small of my back for a 4:00 carry. I can definitely see how people are worried about printing and constantly fussing with their shirts. With the 4:00 carry I find that the handle of the gun gets away and starts sticking out of the back of my shirt quite a bit. I've worn my holsters around the house for the past few days. They're pretty comfy!

I went out to the grocery store today with my handgun. Driving was pretty comfortable. I decided NOT to wear a coat. Balls to the wall, right? I wore a thin ribbed long sleeve shirt. I'm a skinny guy, so I think this was a pretty big accomplishment. Terrifying? No. I definitely have a little ways to go before I am totally comfortable with carrying in public.

Congrats!!!! At first you think everyone is looking at you, but that goes away. Most people do not pay attention to people around them at all (good and bad I guess).

Top Bottom