• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Need to have a line showing at which point you are allowed to get married. I remember when my wife and I went to the court house for our marriage license, we had to certify we were at least 2nd cousins. That is still too close for comfort.

That would vary by jurisdiction. In some states, first cousins are allowed by law to get married.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Some pistols have ambi mag releases (most stiker Springfields, some S&Ws, Sig 938, etc.) and Glock gen 4s can have the release switched to the right side.

I'll have to check this out but I do not see how the mag release can be switched out on a SIG 938 without some major frame modifications.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Maybe it's a 'decoy gun' and he's really a righty with it tucked in his Thunderwear and unholsters it with his thingy that goes up :dunno:

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Been there. Went shooting once, put SD ammo back in mags racked one in the pipe topped off mag with SD ammo and put it in ammo box instead of in my gun. Went to dinner after got home and relized I was rocking a single shot. Thought I lost my mag at dinner. Looked in car then thought maybe I'll check my range gear. Sure enough put it in my ammo box. Freaked me out and never again!
    When I was a rookie, I had arrested a guy and was processing him in our jail. We got a shots fired call and the jailers said they'd take care of him. I run into the Sally Port , jump into my car and head on out rollin' code - sheepdog mode. Fight through traffic and get onscene 10 minutes later. As I get out of my car, I instinctively put my hand down and - VIOLA - realize my Sig P226 is in the gun locker, in the Sally Port, back at the jail. So, I grabbed my 12ga and went to work. From that point on I ALWAYS stored my sidearm in the trunk - DUH!
    We had a noob officer that was on the street with her FTO for 2 weeks. One days she asks him - "Hey, when am I allowed to put ammo in my gun?" OY!:ugh:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    When I was a rookie, I had arrested a guy and was processing him in our jail. We got a shots fired call and the jailers said they'd take care of him. I run into the Sally Port , jump into my car and head on out rollin' code - sheepdog mode. Fight through traffic and get onscene 10 minutes later. As I get out of my car, I instinctively put my hand down and - VIOLA - realize my Sig P226 is in the gun locker, in the Sally Port, back at the jail. So, I grabbed my 12ga and went to work. From that point on I ALWAYS stored my sidearm in the trunk - DUH!
    We had a noob officer that was on the street with her FTO for 2 weeks. One days she asks him - "Hey, when am I allowed to put ammo in my gun?" OY!:ugh:
    :wow: Hope that noob got my training during their career.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Not saying this is my former department, and not saying this was the same female officer, but maybe, since she did have a twin. Neither made it far from my recollection - however, my feeble mind is a bit cloudy from many late night shifts, bad coffee and verbal shots to the noggin' ..... so the details are foggy at best.

I was in the academy at the time, that's how I remember, ya, that's the ticket, ya --- once this incident hit the national news, we had a 'special class' from one of the DT instructors on the inherent differences between a 'Blind Guy w/ a Cane vs. Ninja w/ Nunchakus'.... it was frickin' hysterical. :rofl:Complete with drawings, diagrams and of course a hands on demonstration complete w/ costumes and props. Ya, that was a fun class for me.

Blind Man Is Beaten As Officers Mistake Cane for a Weapon - NYTimes.com

Top Bottom