I hope I am wrong, but is this hammer cocked?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Was that the name? I only remembered two things from that case: the daughter took her clothes off for a living, and the seatbelt caught on the hammer of dad's gun.

Whoa, hoss. :) This is the Ed Delaney thing. I think Kinyon was involved.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whoa, hoss. :) This is the Ed Delaney thing. I think Kinyon was involved.

Like I said I don't remember the name, but I was at the house taking the report. They lived off HD, just southeast of our northern border.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I joined when you only needed 10 quality posts. Still trying to get there.....
    I originally had a hard time getting to 10. By the time I got to 10 they raised it to 50. :ugh: I did'nt post much back then.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    True story, I took a report on a guy who was protecting his daughter from a stalker ex boyfriend. Boyfriend catches up with dad and daughter in a store lot, and dad trays to drive away. Boyfriend attacks dad through the window, dad pulls our gun, and "click" doesn't fire. Seatbelt caught in-between hammer, preventing it from firing. I've never thought highly of those types of weapons since.

If the gun did fire would it have be a good shoot?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I joined when you only needed 10 quality posts. Still trying to get there.....

You can add one more quality post if you'd just admit that Belichick, Brady and the whole Patriots organization have been systematically cheating for years.

;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Condition 0 – A round is in the chamber, hammer is cocked, and the safety is off.
    Condition 1 – Also known as “cocked and locked,” means a round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the manual thumb safety on the side of the frame is applied.
    Condition 2 – A round is in the chamber and the hammer is down.
    Condition 3 – The chamber is empty and hammer is down with a charged magazine in the gun.
    Condition 4 – The chamber is empty, hammer is down and no magazine is in the gun.

My Glocks are in Condition 1 (Cocked and Locked) while switching them from one holster to the other.
    While safe in their holsters, I switch them to Condition 0.

Try to figure that one out...:n00b:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But, yes, the other posts are correct that you really should carry on a loaded chamber since that extra second to rack the first round in might not be available.

The extra time is one component, but the fact you may not have both hands available is the primary reason I'm so against it. People think they can rack it on their belt or shoe because they can do it at the range. Rack it on your belt when someone is jerking you around and someone else is trying to disarm you.

Boyfriend attacks dad through the window, dad pulls our gun, and "click" doesn't fire. Seatbelt caught in-between hammer, preventing it from firing.

I'd like to see the reenactment of that and how it occurred and how it was not rectified by slightly moving the gun and pulling the trigger again. Sounds suspect to me, perhaps an explanation as to why he didn't shoot.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    To the OPs original question, it was legit. Without being a "student" of JMB, and what is generally regarded as safe practice with different actions, I think its a guy looking for answers.
    Welcome to INGO. We are generally nicer than ARFcom or m4carbine. Don't give up yet! :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's a whatever your comfortable with scenario. I personally want my weapon ready to fire at the quickest position possible.

The trigger pull isn't the bottle neck on the first pull, the draw stroke and sight alignment is. I'm prepping my DA pull on the way up and breaking it on target.

Top Bottom