• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have finally found something that I hate worse than DISH. My Internet Provider is so sub-standard on customer service that I have moved them to the top of my list of sh*t I hate. If I have to talk to them one more time about why/how I keep having problems... I am going to reach though my cell phone and throttle someone on the other end!

SIGH... OK rant over.
    :twocents:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have an air card. They run about $40/mo, haven't seen mine affected by weather, and I am running speeds right smack dab in between 56k and DSL. The fastest I've tested is 176Kbps.

This is with EDGE protocol. I got this air card knowing that Centennial is being bought by AT&T and 3G speeds will put me up there with cable.

If you can get a cell signal where you live, you can get an air card. I'm running an antennae off mine and have full bars, and am surrounded by forest.

Josh <><

exar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hate dial-up but where I live its about my only option

Try Hughes Net. Seriously. It has changed my life. I broke down and bought it for work needs and it is friggin' sweet!! You can choose between 3 speed/price ranges. I chose the middle (130 Mbps) range for about $130 per month, could be cheaper I can't remember. Sometimes I get better speeds than some users of cable because their bandwidth is getting hogged up by everyone on their grid.

If you can afford it, give satellite internet a try. had it for about 6 months now and not 1 problem. Storms barely, if at all, effect my connectivity.

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    We used to have Wildblue as it was the only thing we could get, but my wife had to start working virtual so we had to do something else. We can't get DSL because Embarq stops at the end of the road with DSL. We are on Welcome to iLines We couldn't get a signal from the Lebanon or Advance water tower so we had to pay for a commercial install on the Jamestown water tower, but it is SUPER fast.

Chrolle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I have Comcast and I am getting 30M/10M on almost every speed test I have ran. Guess I have an uncapped modem since I only pay for 8/1. I have seen only 1 instance of downtime with it, other than that I am pretty happy. We did have Embarq DSL and it sucked ass. Between them never being on time for any setup and installation, to the service constantly going out for long periods, days at times, we made the move back to Cable.

We also have DISH and it works pretty decent for the most part.

I absolutly can't stand Brighthouse, nor Direct TV. Hopefully we get some FIOS around here sometime soon.

Top Bottom