I have been reinforcing my decision to never again fly in an airplane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Did not say anything about food in Europe. I never said one could not cook good food. If you think the beef today is as good as back 50 years ago, all I can say is enjoy it…

You said food. I gave options.

Beef is absolutely as good. Buddy raised it. I'll help slaughter if I'm back in country. If you think the beef at the store sucks, cut out the middle man.

Or just complain.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You said food. I gave options.

Beef is absolutely as good. Buddy raised it. I'll help slaughter if I'm back in country. If you think the beef at the store sucks, cut out the middle man.

Or just complain.
    Others have lived too. I have been participating in raising beef and the family butchering all my life. I am not talking about home raised beef in my posts, I was talking about commercial beef and it is nowhere as good as beef available even 25 years ago. They revamped the grading system, in 1997 as I recall, so it cannot be better now than before then.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I would suggest you up your game where you dine or purchase your beef.
    If I buy from a grocery I have to buy prime to be near as good as I grew up with. I am glad you guys all love the commercial beef today. Eat it! Next you guys will tell me that the minced meat pie at the store is as good as when grandma boiled hogs heads to get face meat for her minced meat pies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Others have lived too. I have been participating in raising beef and the family butchering all my life. I am not talking about home raised beef in my posts, I was talking about commercial beef and it is nowhere as good as beef available even 25 years ago. They revamped the grading system, in 1997 as I recall, so it cannot be better now than before then.

So you have access to "good" beef but just needed to complain about beef others buy?

I don't think the grading system altered cows, but you find the oddest things to complain about. Time to get in my death tube. Cya.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If I buy from a grocery I have to buy prime to be near as good as I grew up with. I am glad you guys all love the commercial beef today. Eat it! Next you guys will tell me that the minced meat pie at the store is as good as when grandma boiled hogs heads to get face meat for her minced meat pies.
    Most of my youth was spent on my familys Maryland farm. My older brother works it for his living. We butcher in house thanks.
    Im a vacation foodie, when on vacation I eat beef and seafood. Ive had some amazing meals in just the last 5 years.
    Gallagher's in Vegas
    20210123_210727.jpg
    Ramsay's Steak in Vegas my son had already eaten the lobster tail.
    His side was lobster mac and cheese.
    Next night was the Bacchanal Buffett.
    It was an Fing amazing vacation.
    20211127_190402(1).jpg

Beef is better now than its ever been.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you have access to "good" beef but just needed to complain about beef others buy?

I don't think the grading system altered cows, but you find the oddest things to complain about. Time to get in my death tube. Cya.
    I do enjoy going to restaurants not at Ruth’s Chris pricing all the time. The grading changes effectively made choice prime and select choice. The affects we’re not noticed overnight but commercial cattlemen raise beef to the standards. Also I posted an article pointing out that significant portions of US raised beef is exported and Americans eat imported lower quality beef.

BTW, the words “product of USA“ is usually imported but processed in the US…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Most of my youth was spent on my familys Maryland farm. My older brother works it for his living. We butcher in house thanks.
    Im a vacation foodie, when on vacation I eat beef and seafood. Ive had some amazing meals in just the last 5 years.
    Gallagher's in Vegas
    View attachment 239338
    Ramsay's Steak in Vegas my son had already eaten the lobster tail.
    His side was lobster mac and cheese.
    Next night was the Bacchanal Buffett.
    It was an Fing amazing vacation.
    View attachment 239340

Beef is better now than its ever been.
    That is all custom raised beef for specific buyers. Similar to Ruth’s Chris, their meat is raised to their specs. Not the same topic. Some beef is better, most beef is not because of grading and importing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your ignorance is showing here. But enjoy the bugs they are planning to feed you…

Do you really believe food is better today than 40 years ago?
    Yeah, I do.

There are things in supermarkets that I couldn't imagine getting twenty years ago. There's websites and TV shows teaching me all sorts of new things.

Organic? Was that even a thing twenty years ago?

You just have to learn to cook for yourself and stop pining for the Hungry Man TV dinners of days long gone.

Oh, and bugs? I'll try anything once. You need to get out of your comfort zone.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who buys a minced meat pie? Anytime you buy a premade entré it's going to be worse than homemade; It was never as good as homemade.

And wait - what's "minced meat pie"? I know "mincemeat pie" and it's fruit, not actual meat.

I mean if you're complaining about a pie with actual meat, then shouldn't you be comparing it to something from 400 years ago, instead of just 40? And honestly, I thought you were in your mid-forties, so all this "40 years ago" has me confused.

And, (come in late to thread because I missed this awesomeness) WTF does this have to do with flying?!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, I do.

There are things in supermarkets that I couldn't imagine getting twenty years ago. There's websites and TV shows teaching me all sorts of new things.

Organic? Was that even a thing twenty years ago?

You just have to learn to cook for yourself and stop pining for the Hungry Man TV dinners of days long gone.

Oh, and bugs? I'll try anything once. You need to get out of your comfort zone.
    Eat what you want, but commercial beef is not better today than it was forty years ago by any measure.

A bunch of you are pathetic, cannot respond to the context of a post, just make up stuff…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That is all custom raised beef for specific buyers. Similar to Ruth’s Chris, their meat is raised to their specs. Not the same topic. Some beef is better, most beef is not because of grading and importing.
    Of course its not. lol

Ruth's... I would much rather go to Sullivan's and get a dry aged long bone ribeye than anything from Ruth's.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who buys a minced meat pie? Anytime you buy a premade entré it's going to be worse than homemade; It was never as good as homemade.

And wait - what's "minced meat pie"? I know "mincemeat pie" and it's fruit, not actual meat.

I mean if you're complaining about a pie with actual meat, then shouldn't you be comparing it to something from 400 years ago, instead of just 40? And honestly, I thought you were in your mid-forties, so all this "40 years ago" has me confused.

And, (come in late to thread because I missed this awesomeness) WTF does this have to do with flying?!
    My Grandma put face meat in hers I do not care how you spell it or make it…

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Since this thread is already off the rails…

Personally, I can’t complain about beef quality. I live a few blocks from A Moodys Butcher shop and a couple miles from Kincaid‘s. Moodys beef is all locally grown (in Indiana) and is very good. Sometimes Costco has really great beef as well.

20 years ago nobody heard of Kobe beef around here but now you can get it almost anywhere.

When I go to the grocery store I always pick the oldest, crustiest looking cuts, as they have been sitting in the case “dry aging”. Although not truly dry aged it does improve the taste and have had some excellent steaks that way. I sometimes buy a piece of meat and dry it myself in the fridge for up to 10 days.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Lol, this thread is not what i expected.

Howd a argument about beef come up in a thread about flying?

On second thought...id rather not know.
    Well, after all this IS INGO.

anyhow, pre 9-11-01 flying for me was quite enjoyable, however since then flying has become a complete flustercuck. And post Covid, I may never want to fly again sitting in a sealed cabin full of vaxxed symptonless bodys filling the fuselage with their virus laden aerosols and bad breath for me to breathe.

Not to mention getting stuck sitting next to some seriously obese person whose thighs are so big they squeeze through the armrest and take up 20% of my space.

No thanks.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Lol, this thread is not what i expected.

Howd a argument about beef come up in a thread about flying?

On second thought...id rather not know.
    Old man yelling at clouds went in a rant about how all good today sucks. Then when pointed out that isn’t accurate gets pissy and complains that no one will stay on topic and respond correctly.

Top Bottom