• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Look, I realize that law abiding citizens dont like being hassled about packing by the PoPo, and by the gun fearing public, but you have to cut these folks some slack. I mean...get serious.

Sure Its legal for me to carry my AR15 in public.
    Sure I can hang out at the theater with my ar15 and its legal if they dont have a sign and ask me to leave.
    Sure I can stand by the back door of the theater with my ar15 and black ski mask and its all legal.

But when you do this and a cop comes up to check you out you get mad because he is hassling you? Get real people.

Arent we glad no cops were nearby to "hassle" Holmes when he was at the theater door in his tactical getup with his AR because...well...he could have been a law abiding citizen?

Are we vindicated when Lanza wasnt "hassled" by cops for having an AR15 before he got within the legal distance of the school because...well...he could have been a law abiding citizen?

Dont go overboard folks. In the current environment, as firearm owners, we have to cut folks and cops some slack in this area.

I know I will get flamed, but have some sense folks:twocents:

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, I know your post is legal, and even within the forum rules, but you COULD be about to commit an illegal act. So, to make everyone feel more comfortable, I'm going to have to ask you to use some sense, and stop posting. I'd hate for you to get "hassled" buy other forum members for your opinion, and I would certainly hate for a moderator to take offense.

I mean, you could be crazy. Maybe we should prevent EVERYONE from posting, because one of them may be crazy, too. It is for the children, after all.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    But when you do this and a cop comes up to check you out you get mad because he is hassling you? Get real people.

If you are referring to the recent thread about the (alleged) Noblesville PD officer harrassing an INGO member at McDonalds, the problem isn't that he was stopped and asked for ID. I can't recall any time that any INGO member has complained about being stopped for OC'ing and being asked for their LTCH. The problem is the (alleged) cop being a d-bag about it. THAT is the "hassling" and it needs to stop.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, I know your post is legal, and even within the forum rules, but you COULD be about to commit an illegal act. So, to make everyone feel more comfortable, I'm going to have to ask you to use some sense, and stop posting. I'd hate for you to get "hassled" buy other forum members for your opinion, and I would certainly hate for a moderator to take offense.

I mean, you could be crazy. Maybe we should prevent EVERYONE from posting, because one of them may be crazy, too. It is for the children, after all.

^^^^^^^^^^

This is where the thread should have ended. Perfect rebuttal.

boostedtwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Corydon, IN
    I've seen alot of clips on YouTube coming up with people open carrying in public, for the pure purpose of showing others what your rights are, I never knew you didn't have to show I'd when asked. I don't have a bit of a problem with people open carrying myself.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Look, I realize that law abiding citizens dont like being hassled about packing by the PoPo, and by the gun fearing public, but you have to cut these folks some slack. I mean...get serious.

Sure I can hang out at the theater with my ar15 and its legal if they dont have a sign and ask me to leave.
    Sure I can stand by the back door of the theater with my ar15 and black ski mask and its all legal.

Arent we glad no cops were nearby to "hassle" Holmes when he was at the theater door in his tactical getup with his AR because...well...he could have been a law abiding citizen?

Are we vindicated when Lanza wasnt "hassled" by cops for having an AR15 before he got withing the legal distance of the school because...well...he could have been a law abiding citizen?

Dont go overboard folks. In the current environment, as firearm owners, we have to cut folks and cops some slack in this area.

I reject with every fiber of my being your premise that not exercising my rights so someone with a risky job description can be made to feel better is an act of "sense" or "reality."

If someone needs to be admonished for not going overboard, it is you: for not recognizing that a free citizen isn't free if he is beholden to the state and its agents at the drop of a hat without any justification other than their whim or desire. There is a reason LE is referred to as the king's men.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    This is where the thread should have ended. Perfect rebuttal.[/QUOTE said:
    Perfect rebuttal?
    Really?
    Posts aren't dangerous...(inciting violence posts are even regulated on here)
    I can't kill someone with my posts.
    MOST Folks dont think that mentally ill people shouldnt be able to post online.

Lets take your line of reasoning one step farther.

A bunch of middle eastern men with turbans, carrying Jihad signs, packing Aks are walking down the street. (all of which is legal in Indiana)

Citizens being disturbed by this and calling the cops is crazy?
    The cops checking on these guys is crazy?

Perhaps you are just taking issue with my use of the word HASSLE in my origional post.

The origional post is directed at the folks that think any cop even asking to see their LTCH is hassling them and that non-gun folks being afraid when they see a gun and calling the police is totally crazy.

Since the theater shooting, I have carried every time I take my family into town, and I still have a wierd feeling when I see someone else packing.
    Not a frightened feeling mind you, just a Hmmmmm feeling.

Call me crazy, but there it is.

Last edited:

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN

Are we vindicated when Lanza wasnt "hassled" by cops for having an AR15 before he got withing the legal distance of the school because...well...he could have been a law abiding citizen?

Dude...you're a day late on the April Fools joke.
    Seriously though....just because the "current climate" is tense doesn't mean that you should be hassled for exercising your rights. People who are so easy to give in are the reasons our rights are eroded year after year. I don't just mean gun rights, I'm talking all of the personal liberties. Thanks for equating us all to the psychopaths above....much appreciated.:n00b:
    In your line of reasoning if you have tattoos you should be stopped because you are surely a criminal out of the pen. I don't have any, so I'm hoping you have quite a few....because I know you'd be OK with being stopped by police for doing nothing. Because in the current climate it makes it OK.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Perfect rebuttal?
    Really?
    Posts aren't dangerous...(inciting violence posts are even regulated on here)
    I can't kill someone with my posts.
    MOST Folks dont think that mentally ill people shouldnt be able to post online.
    Actually you're wrong. Posts are dangerous. Mao Zedong said that ideas are more dangerous than guns. The free exchange of ideas is what moves a nation toward freedom. I'm sure that every other totalitarian government through the course of history would concur.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I reject with every fiber of my being your premise that not exercising my rights so someone with a risky job description can be made to feel better is an act of "sense" or "reality." QUOTE]

Not saying that folks shouldnt excercize their rights,heck, I excercize mine. I am just saying that this particular right includes a tool that is dangerous. Sure, this tool is used to defend more than to slaughter innocents, but since that option in ever present, folks afraid of or trying to protect against that potential option (police and concerned citizens) shouldnt be slammed for doing it...legal or not.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Actually you're wrong. Posts are dangerous. Mao Zedong said that ideas are more dangerous than guns. The free exchange of ideas is what moves a nation toward freedom. I'm sure that every other totalitarian government through the course of history would concur.

I knew someone would come back with this, but you really can't compare words with firearms.

Ok, so now lets see the posts comparing words with firearms:rolleyes:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    If I strapped on my AR and walked down the city street and nobody was concerned, or no police stopped to check on me, I would be concerned about that!

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Perfect rebuttal?
    A bunch of middle eastern men with turbans, carrying Jihad signs, packing Aks are walking down the street. (all of which is legal in Indiana)
    Assuming these men have visa's to be in the country and are legally allowed to possess firearms, okay, I'm with you.
    Citizens being disturbed by this and calling the cops is crazy?
    The cops checking on these guys is crazy?
    Not at all. But officers over-stepping the limitations of law and forcing the men to show identification for no reason other than their signs, their country of origin and the display of long guns is crazy. We are supposed to be free to do as we please as long as it is not breaking a law. There is no law being broken. A simple chat, even if it results in the men refusing to speak with the officer, is all the law allows in this circumstance and is all that should be pursued. To think any differently goes against a free society and has no place in this country.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If I strapped on my AR and walked down the city street and nobody was concerned, or no police stopped to check on me, I would be concerned about that!

Why?

You start with a presumption of guilt based on the possession of an item. Do you support random stops to check drivers for impairment?

Top Bottom